CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if he did use the fake patrol car before, pretty sure he did. What crimes could he had committed before he snapped this bad. Women, men, people missing in the area. Hope there’s no more to add to this horror and sorrowful story

Last edited:
Agreed I'm glad they stopped him when they did. I am wondering though, was this a planned route or was he trying to get back to his main residence in Dartmouth? By looking at the maps and following the chase it seems like it started near his cottage in Portapique and he followed hwy 2 back towards Dartmouth thru Truro, Shubencadie(Car crash and switch to silver Cheverolet tracker), and finally stopped at the Irvings in Enfield. Were the majority of the casualties in the Orchard Beach estates area of Portapique?

I think, when the full story comes out, you'll see how horrific this actually is. I'm hearing some things, but I don't want to post them up as they are not confirmed officially. He had a Police Car. Granted it was a fake one, but it looked like one none-the-less.

I think, when the full story comes out, you'll see how horrific this actually is. I'm hearing some things, but I don't want to post them up as they are not confirmed officially. He had a Police Car. Granted it was a fake one, but it looked like one none-the-less.

Oh its horrific no doubt about it. And I'm not trying to down play that aspect of it at all. I'm just trying to put together whether this started out as a targeted attack and he was killing those he had targeted before trying to flee back to Dartmouth and killing those that stood in his way after that. Or whether he was just on an all out planned killing spree. Bc the route he likely was traveling when he was finally stopped was likely a route that he would travel to go from Dartmouth to Portapique back and forth. Just trying to process everything that has taken place. My heart goes out to the victims and obviously how or why doesn't change that, I'm just trying to bring the picture into focus. Prayers to you Vern and all those affected.

ETA per the article I posted up thread it seems that he and his wife would often drive his mocked up LE vehicles around.FWIW

I believe this is his 'fake' police car (from RCMP Twitter). Was it really fake? There's a dealer's invoice still in the passenger side window? Where did it come from? Where was this picture taken - the police garage? So many questions. Maybe this picture was taken before the crime spree and maybe he stole this car from a police lot somewhere?

EV-CLzcWAAADvWk

RCMP, Nova Scotia on Twitter

Last edited:
I believe this is his 'fake' police car (from RCMP Twitter). Was it really fake? There's a dealer's invoice still in the passenger side window? Where did it come from? Where was this picture taken - the police garage? So many questions. Maybe this picture was taken before the crime spree and maybe he stole this car from a police lot somewhere?

EV-CLzcWAAADvWk

I was wondering if it may have came from the suspects social media pages/or from his family members?

Or is it a picture of an actual RCMP cruiser that they added the letters/numbers to on the picture to match the suspects?

I was wondering if it may have came from the suspects social media pages/or from his family members?

Or is it a picture of an actual RCMP cruiser that they added the letters/numbers to on the picture?

I believe this is the actual RCMP cruiser that they released a photo of when looking for the suspect.
Click the link - the RCMP have an explanation there.
(not sure that I'm allowed to copy & paste it)

I live in Western Nova Scotia, on the Bay.

I’m not exactly local: I’m 300 km away (3 hours). I saw the alert for a shooting on my Twitter feed after 11:30 pm last night (11:30 -12 am)

D43EE4D2-554D-48BD-836B-F63139E743EC.jpeg

It was far away, and few details were available. Then around midnight-12:30 I noticed that neighbours started turning their lights on one by one, which is unusual.

This is what I mentioned to another member here.

My neighbour knocked on my door last night/ after 12 am to warn me after the alerts went around. (My lights were on). One neighbour’s son three doors away is an RCMP officer.

Last night my neighbour guessed correctly that the killer’s weakness would be running out of gas. They thought he’d start car-jacking.

But now, during a SOE? There are very few cars in the road, especially at night. The RCMP had blocked him into an area, according to the Twitter feed I posted here.

‘Keep your doors locked, lights on, and have your car fob with you at all times so you can sound the alarm’ was what my neighbour cautioned me to do. I have a dog as well, so I felt safer.

My neighbour has guns. Many people here do.

No sos alerts were made by phone by the RCMP, the alerts were on social media and through the press. SOS alerts may have been helpful as many were asleep as this started to unravel.

They told those close to the areas involved to go into their basements. Call 911 if *anyone* stepped on their property. They told us ‘you may not see the RCMP, but we’re there’.

I don’t have windows in my basement that open. And there’s only one way in and out.
And staying together with neighbours didn’t seem reasonable.

The RCMP was telling us live which area the guy was in. He was far, and the RCMP had blocked off parts of the highways.

We didn’t know what was unfolding. We were told who the suspect was, that he was driving a vehicle very similar to an RCMP’s vehicle,( but that the numbering was off), that he was wearing an RCMP uniform,( but was not an officer), and the areas he was actively in.

I stayed on the main floor. All of my neighbours had their lights on. It was just horrible to think of what he had done, was about to do, and how it would end.

2 1/2 years ago, I ran out of gas close to the location of the shootings at 2:00 am when I moved here. There are gas stations at every exit on the highways around there, but few are open 24 hours—even if you’re using plastic.

Sorry for the rambling post. And I know this is about the victims and their loved ones.

This was just to illustrate what it has been like here during this already tension-heightened time.

Alexander Quon
@AlexanderQuon

·3h
According to
@flightradar24
a plane just flew in a heart shape over the #Portapique area. #NovaScotiaStrong #novascotia
22CF0264-09E7-4387-A670-F6DE9BBA59D9.jpeg

Alexander Quon on Twitter

upload_2020-4-20_0-10-21.jpeg

We are expecting the worst; hoping for the best.

I don’t wish to give you false hope. I understand the stance you are taking.

But, I’m 300 km away in N.S. and last night and throughout the day our cell and internet service has been intermittent.

Throughout this SOE we’ve had some cell/landline/internet service issues. I imagine right now the volume of usage is greater. I’m hoping that is what is causing the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288