The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just reading people magazines reporting of this and they report what is said but don't confirm it

"The Mail on Sunday says that Thomas revealed the contents of the letter after a friend had told PEOPLE of its existence. Meghan’s new statement says she did not authorize her friends to speak to PEOPLE. The legal papers add that if she had authorized the interviews, she would have told her friends not to talk about the letter and its contents."

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Private Texts to Her Father Disclosed in New Legal Documents

Was thinking about it (have far too much time with quarantine) and was wondering given all the stuff that is said about people magazine like how deferential they are to celebrities and publicists.

Did they not do the basic thing and call Meghan's publicists to give them a heads up that this was coming out and the content like every publication seems to do and couldn't the friend who said about the letter have asked for it to be removed before it went to print.

They say in one of the court filings that one of the 5 is good friends with the people magazine editor and it was that friends idea to do this story so presumably had some sway and could have gotten something potentially bad like the reference to the letter removed.

I would absolutely hate if I was in her position and couldn't trust my friends not to reveal personal information about me and I actually feel sorry for her that she can't trust her friends. I don't think I've ever heard another close friend of a RF member speak to the press so openly, I think it really speaks to their loyalty
Duchess Catherine has not had one friend leak anything .

In years to come when her father is gone and she never again has a chance to see him, she might wonder what did she actually prove, or win, if she succeeds with this lawsuit.
Honor thy father and mother.

In years to come when her father is gone and she never again has a chance to see him, she might wonder what did she actually prove, or win, if she succeeds with this lawsuit.
Honor thy father and mother.
No wonder the move to Canada was swift. They probaly knew what the timeline for releasing discovery items would be. Sad, right before the Queens bday and world crisis. Wasnt megxit announced on the eve of DCs bday?.

No wonder the move to Canada was swift. They probaly knew what the timeline for releasing discovery items would be. Sad, right before the Queens bday and world crisis. Wasnt megxit announced on the eve of DCs bday?.

Yes. And if you look at the DM readerships comments there are a few that give an exact accounting of MM ‘timely’ released press buzz. I had forgotten some of them. Camilla, Eugenia, DC, etc

OMG. The UK has one of the highest death rates in the world--double that of the US. WTH is he thinking?

Even the Express said that the comments appeared to have been taken out of context and that he was referring to the response to the virus, from healthcare, essential workers, and members of the public volunteering to help in so many ways, was better than some expected. And the purpose of his interview was that he wanted to publicise a particular volunteering effort for (ex? military members to join).

The quotes from the interview had so much praise for the British public and nation...it seems odd that some of the tabloids are focusing on one part that was misunderstood.

Do you want PH and MM to offer themselves up as ‘currency for an economy of clickbait and distortion’? I favor their advocacy for honesty in journalism.

Harry and Meghan cut all ties with four British tabloids over their reporting and 'lies'

I don't want anyone suffering from that, not Harry and Meghan, not other Royals, and not other people who the tabloids exploit in that way with excess poking into their private lives and twisting and manipulating things to make a clickbait story.

So, now they're no longer official Royals, I don't see any harm in them taking this opportunity to make a stronger stand than they could before.

Dan from the Sun has been talking about this today. They want the media to be silenced because they dont want the truth to be told. They are using their roles as a leverage to stop the media. Epic fail for H and Ms part. Their side is showing a few texts from H but the mail has the whole convo from Mr Markle and it contradicts H. JMO

It's kinda in the Sun's financial interest to make it sound that way, though?

Is it really in the public interest for the media to stir things up that seemed to be family misunderstandings and disagreements? All families have their problems, and I think the rest of us are very lucky that it doesn't end up on the front page of a tabloid and have half the country joining in and taking sides in comment sections, on Twitter, or homemade blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member