The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 243863 View attachment 243864 View attachment 243865

Happy 94th Birthday to Her Majesty The Queen. These are photos of Her Majesty as baby, another at age 18 and a more recent photo.

Images of Her Majesty from 12 times royal ladies wore sunshine yellow outfits - from Kate Middleton to Meghan Markle and the Queen and Prince William and Kate Middleton lead birthday best wishes for the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Off topic:

I hope you’re all ok and you are coping with the coronavirus lockdown as best as you all can. I’m very sorry I have not been posting here recently, I have been ill in hospital with a bad UTI infection, kidney stones and have also been diagnosed with stage four kidney disease. I’m slowly feeling better but I’m still very tired. Thank you for all the good wishes, prayers and messages you have all sent me I really appreciate your kindness and friendship.
Ah Greg so sorry to hear this. Some of us have been worrying about you privately. Glad you are on the mend.

HKP xX

Happy 94th Birthday to Her Majesty The Queen. These are photos of Her Majesty as baby, another at age 18 and a more recent photo.

Images of Her Majesty from 12 times royal ladies wore sunshine yellow outfits - from Kate Middleton to Meghan Markle and the Queen and Prince William and Kate Middleton lead birthday best wishes for the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Off topic:

I hope you’re all ok and you are coping with the coronavirus lockdown as best as you all can. I’m very sorry I have not been posting here recently, I have been ill in hospital with a bad UTI infection, kidney stones and have also been diagnosed with stage four kidney disease. I’m slowly feeling better but I’m still very tired. Thank you for all the good wishes, prayers and messages you have all sent me I really appreciate your kindness and friendship.

Nice photos. Does the article say who is in the family group one? The woman behind the Queen looks a lot like Princess Anne, is she maybe the Queen's aunt?

OT: I hope you're feeling a lot better soon and that the kidney disease can be kept under control.

Off topic:

Just seen this Greg... loads of vibes and good wishes, rest up and feel better soon x

A545B2B7-A3E5-4BD0-9358-E2F094AF1432.jpeg

Nice photos. Does the article say who is in the family group one? The woman behind the Queen looks a lot like Princess Anne, is she maybe the Queen's aunt?

I found the pic online and it says:

Princess Elizabeth celebrates her 18th birthday on Friday, April 21, 1944. Front row, from left: Formerly Queen Mary, King George VI, Princess Elizabeth, and Queen Elizabeth. Back row, from left: Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Margaret, Princess Royal Mary, Duchess of Kent (widowed), and Lord Harewood (husband of Princess Mary)

EDITED for a little history lesson!

King George V & Queen Mary (front row) had 6 children:

Edward (the abdicator)
Albert (became King George VI, next to Queen)
Mary (behind Queen, and yes she does look like Anne!)
Henry (Duke of Gloucester, back left)
George (Duke of Kent, died aged 39 in an aeroplane crash 18 months before pic)
John (died aged 13 of epilepsy)

Last edited:
The Queen sends message of support to people of Nova Scotia after tragic mass shooting

Buckingham Palace released an incredibly heartbreaking message written by the Queen on her 94th birthday on Tuesday. Her Majesty sent a message of condolence to the Governor General and the Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia, following the worst mass shooting in Canada's modern history.

The Queen wrote: "Prince Philip and I have been deeply saddened by the appalling events in Nova Scotia, and we send our condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of those who have lost their lives.

"I also pay tribute to the bravery and sacrifice of the officers from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other police services who selflessly responded to these devastating attacks, and to the emergency services who are supporting those who have been injured and affected.

"My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Nova Scotia and all Canadians at this tragic time."

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie video call the Queen on her birthday

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie video call the Queen on her birthday – details
The monarch turned 94 on Tuesday 21 April

The Queen has been one of the many people to celebrate her birthday in lockdown during the coronavirus pandemic, but her family made sure that her big day was made special. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are currently living in Los Angeles, video called the monarch on Tuesday to wish her many happy returns, their spokesperson confirmed. The couple were joined by their baby son Archie Harrison, who turns one next month. The Queen has been participating in many video calls from isolation in Windsor Castle over the past few weeks and is thought to have spoken to the rest of her family on her birthday throughout the day.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie video call the Queen on her birthday

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie video call the Queen on her birthday – details
The monarch turned 94 on Tuesday 21 April

The Queen has been one of the many people to celebrate her birthday in lockdown during the coronavirus pandemic, but her family made sure that her big day was made special. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are currently living in Los Angeles, video called the monarch on Tuesday to wish her many happy returns, their spokesperson confirmed. The couple were joined by their baby son Archie Harrison, who turns one next month. The Queen has been participating in many video calls from isolation in Windsor Castle over the past few weeks and is thought to have spoken to the rest of her family on her birthday throughout the day.

Archie is at such a cute age, he'll be babbling away and possibly walking by now.

I hope the Queen's had a lovely birthday and we get to celebrate in a more Queenly manner for her other birthday in June!​

Off topic:

Wishing you the best
Really? If you were a close friend of someone who was very media averse, who was having significant family problems but trying to keep them private, would you not mention or seek approval before discussing her private life with a tabloid magazine ?

Guess I wasn't reading very closely!

Off topic:

Any thoughts here on all the yellow dresses? I'm not a yellow fan, but I have to say I thought Kate's Dolce & Gabbana was pretty stunning. Then, I got to Queen Max. She outdid everyone in this category, in my mind. She's one of my favorites to watch: When she gets an outfit right, she steals the entire show!

And a side note: Queen Rania's yellow "outfit" didn't really fit in this little photo essay -it's hardly yellow -a beige-y thing, and on only half of her! Besides, anything she wears she outshines. There are many breathtakingly beautiful women in the world, and she is surely at the top of the list.

Off topic:

More on the sartorial track: Seeing the photo of Kate in that bright yellow Dolce & Gabbana in the midst of several people, (all in blue and white...?) I realized how impactful a yellow outfit can be. It's not a color many can wear well, and you don't see it that often. I think it can really be a show-stealer, if done right.

Many happy returns to the Most Important and Most Royal Person in the the world: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.

My greatest admiration for her leadership, her calm, her character, her sensitivity, and standards.

She is truly a Remarkable Person Magnificent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members