Found Deceased NY- Dominic Michael Davy, 30, Endicott, 10 April 2020

94390394_112417750441415_2708140595691388928_n.jpg

Dominic and his Mama, she misses her son and desperately needs to hear from him.

Please if you know anything, call the Endicott Police at 607-785-3341. This man is deeply loved and missed~
Help Bring Dom Home

Interesting academic history of Dominic--he was expected to complete his doctoral dissertation in May 2020:

Binghamton Dominic Michael Davy | Center for Inclusive Education

"Dominic was born and raised in the Bronx, NY. His immediate family is originally from the island of Jamaica. He attended private schools for his compulsory education and began his collegiate career at Binghamton University graduating in 2012 as a proud member of their Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). After his undergraduate education, Dominic enlisted in the United States Army where he served for 5 years and completed a Masters degree in Public Administration during his service. He is currently pursuing a doctoral degree in Community Research and Action at Binghamton University and is interested in the lived experiences of black students in relation to public education. Dominic is a father of two growing boys and he and his partner enjoy going on both big and small adventures with their family. Dominic is expected to defend his dissertation entitled, "Education and Social Death: Black Students' Lived Experiences with School Discipline " in May 2020. . ." BBM

Dominic is expected to defend his dissertation entitled, "Education and Social Death: Black Students' Lived Experiences with School Discipline " in May 2020. .

Very sad case. The fact that his Jeep was near the bridge is alarming, without an obvious reason for being there. Also, defending a dissertation for a doctorate is incredibly stressful. What if he felt he wasn't prepared, to couldn't get prepared. There could be a burden he felt that he would let down those that loved him. We never know what people are thinking.

Dominic's disappearance reminds me of the disappearance of college student Achim Bailey of Springfield MA. Happy and bubbly, his disappearance was a mystery. Seemed to have everything going for him, but it was tragically determined that he jumped from a bridge near where he was last seen. His body was later found in the river.

I hope that Dominic just needed a break.

Monday marks one-year since Achim Bailey's disappearance

I am all caught up. Unfortunately there was not much news past the first week. I added just about everything I could find.

Dominic Davy Case Archive:
Dominic Davy -NY- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this, and scroll:
Dominic Michael Davy

I want to clarify a post I made upthread... I don't think this is a hoax, there was a poster on the thread (removed now) who said that.

*modsnip*.

As far as Dominic's case... it sounds like they have his phone ; so maybe clues there ?
Somewhat frightening that his car was found by a river.
Can't help but think about the "Smiley Face" killer or the other cases of young men going missing by water.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are any number of people who go through a period of crisis when they are coming toward defense and finalization of the PhD. A couple of years ago, a man who was supposed to be finishing his PhD went and disappeared (he had a thread here) and was found alive but clearly had had some sort of breakdown. (Lance Calvin Buckley was his name. He was found but killed his wife and children before killing himself months later. In searching for Lance, I am struck by the sheer number of college students, across levels, who have disappeared. It is astounding.)

I hope this talented and hardworking young man is found alive and just needed a brief break. I worry that he has been harmed (either through self-harm or violence by another) and this won't end well.

Come home, Dominic. Your family loves and needs you.

Last edited:
I have to chime in and say that I’m disgusted at the amount of stress that academia puts on these young people. All this mental anguish just so you can have a career and live your life? It’s gross.

Not to be argumentative, but there's a reason the process isn't easy, and ultimately the pressure comes from the individual themselves, not the professor or institution (not one of my professors ever told me I was obligated to work myself ragged, they just assigned the work and graded what I chose to submit -- it was all on me as to how much work I chose to put in to get an end result I found satisfactory.) Just like with anything worthwhile, it involves a considerable amount of work to achieve the end goal, and the process culls out those who may not be able to adequately perform the job duties that go with the respective career. I would love a doctor's salary, but I'm not nearly motivated enough to pursue that degree because I am much too lazy to put in the work it requires -- imagine what a terrible doctor I would be if getting credentialed were that easy...

The bottom line is that you don't have to endure any mental anguish to have a career and live your life, there are plenty of paths out there that are happily and successfully followed by those who don't wish to endure the rigors that go along with pursuing an advanced degree.

Can't help but think about the "Smiley Face" killer or the other cases of young men going missing by water.

SBM. Hi LietKynes, nice to see you here for Dom!

Just wanted to say... as a person who has extensively researched the Smiley Face killer theory for a couple of college level courses, and as a woman in their mid-twenties who lives in the Midwest and has known multiple of these young men personally who end up in the river, the SFK theory is completely unfounded. JMO!

Not to be argumentative, but there's a reason the process isn't easy, and ultimately the pressure comes from the individual themselves, not the professor or institution (not one of my professors ever told me I was obligated to work myself ragged, they just assigned the work and graded what I chose to submit -- it was all on me as to how much work I chose to put in to get an end result I found satisfactory.) Just like with anything worthwhile, it involves a considerable amount of work to achieve the end goal, and the process culls out those who may not be able to adequately perform the job duties that go with the respective career. I would love a doctor's salary, but I'm not nearly motivated enough to pursue that degree because I am much too lazy to put in the work it requires -- imagine what a terrible doctor I would be if getting credentialed were that easy...

The bottom line is that you don't have to endure any mental anguish to have a career and live your life, there are plenty of paths out there that are happily and successfully followed by those who don't wish to endure the rigors that go along with pursuing an advanced degree.

Fair points! Great post.

DD lives on Moss Avenue, Endicott, NY
Vehicle found on the 400 block River Terrace Apartments, Endicott, NY
DD teaches at Binghamton University in Binghamton, NY

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
I was just rereading through the thread, to see if we missed anything, since there has been no more details released. I was looking at the map you posted, @Knox. and noticed that Dom's residence was just under one mile from where Dom's vehicle was found. I'm not a runner, but it seems strange IMO that he drove there, when he lived so close to the river, and so close to the running trail. My spouse has run for years, and he never drives to a place to run, but maybe other do.

upload_2020-4-26_5-25-39.png
Google Maps

If I go back to your map, @Knox, that has Binghampton University marked on it, I'm thinking that Dom could have been driving towards the University, and just stopped along the way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back