Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
An “extensive search” is underway for a 20-year-old soldier, who went missing earlier this week while stationed in Texas.

Private First Class Vanessa Guillen was last seen on Wednesday, April 22, at 1:00 p.m. local time in a parking lot at squadron headquarters in Fort Hood, army officials said in a press release, as they asked members of the public for help finding the missing soldier.

Afterward, several items belonging to Guillen were “found in the armory room,” where she had been working before her disappearance. The items included her car keys, ID and wallet.

More at Search Underway in Texas for Missing 20-Year-Old Soldier: 'Something Is Not Right,' Says Sister

Pfc.-Vanessa-Guillen-FH.jpg

Fort Hood soldier disappears; keys, ID card, wallet later found

I hope she's found safe very soon. Does it sound like she went to meet someone in the parking lot and either left with them (but then why not bring her wallet and belongings with her? Why not contact family quickly?) or was taken against her will? (Please let that not be the case.)

94597270_150855269778569_2910570358631301120_n.jpg

The Army said Guillen is of Hispanic descent, 5 feet 2 inches, and weighs 126 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She has three tattoos: a cross with a flower and a flower, both on her left arm, and a mountain on her upper left shoulder. She also has a mole on the left side of her chin.

Anyone with information should contact Army CID Special Agents at 254-495-7767 or the Military Police Desk at 254-287-4001.

*Per Article:The soldier’s sister posted that her sister’s phone was last pinged near Belton, about 20 miles east of the Army post. “Something is not right,” she wrote, “please help me find her.”
MISSING: 20-year-old Fort Hood soldier hasn’t been seen since Wednesday

I hope she will be found soon safe and sound. I live in Belton TX and Fort Hood is a short drive away. Vanessa is only 20 so is there a chance she went MIA from her unit, who knows... I am sure MP are checking BF and questioning everybody. It is unclear if she lived on post or off post.

She could not leave Base without her military Id because she absolutely needs it to come back...Sounds bad...They need to search all barracks and premises. Fort Hood is huge. You need to drive from building to building - everything is stretched and far away... Texas rangers are there so it is very helpful...Very worrisome comments on FB...She did not disappear on her own accord most likely.

This is a weird one. Service members go AWOL all the time, but they don’t tend to leave important things behind (wallet, keys, car).

What’s encouraging, is that she apparently had or has her phone with her. Once they are able to obtain a subpoena for her cell phone information, they should have a lot more to work with.

She could not leave Base without her military Id because she absolutely needs it to come back...Sounds bad...They need to search all barracks and premises. Fort Hood is huge. You need to drive from building to building - everything is stretched and far away... Texas rangers are there so it is very helpful...Very worrisome comments on FB...She did not disappear on her own accord most likely.
I agree, I think some sites were in error to post comments from family as fact. Im more curious what MP or FBI have to say about phone location etc. I would assume, state=ing by the over all comments, she must still be somewhere on base.. which is a 50/50 proposition.. Hope she is safe, but the time passed is alarming..
Find Vanessa Guillen FB Page: Find Vanessa Guillen

Just a theory... she went missing in athletic clothes around 1 pm as i understand it. Could she have planned a run during her lunch break? Then it would make sense that she left vital belongings behind. Maybe someone grabbed her while on a run? To me it does not sound like a AWOL situation, but hoping for a positive outcome!

Just a theory... she went missing in athletic clothes around 1 pm as i understand it. Could she have planned a run during her lunch break? Then it would make sense that she left vital belongings behind. Maybe someone grabbed her while on a run? To me it does not sound like a AWOL situation, but hoping for a positive outcome!
Yes. In many military units they do PT just before lunch. She may have planned to do that, returned to get her things, and then gone for lunch.

For whatever reason, she didn’t make it back.

Yes. In many military units they do PT just before lunch. She may have planned to do that, returned to get her things, and then gone for lunch.

For whatever reason, she didn’t make it back.

Yes, great point! This doesn't sound good at all. Do we know yet who reported her missing and when she was reported missing? I have not come across that info.

Yes, great point! This doesn't sound good at all. Do we know yet who reported her missing and when she was reported missing? I have not come across that info.
We have bare bones information, and not enough to really draw much of a conclusion. The military doesn’t make a habit of over sharing.

My guess is when she didn’t return, it was reported to her command. The way they are handling this though, makes me feel like foul play is atleast being explored.

We have bare bones information, and not enough to really draw much of a conclusion. The military doesn’t make a habit of over sharing.

My guess is when she didn’t return, it was reported to her command. The way they are handling this though, makes me feel like foul play is atleast being explored.

Yes, the military (CID etc.) likely tried to handle finding her themselves at first, but now its been several days and she hasn't been found. They then asked for "outside" help, which makes sense. I hope she will be found safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88