The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever read such a cutting article about the Royals, not even Andrew and especially not from an American publication

Self-Isolating In Malibu, Handing Down Another Sussex-Royal Edict, And Suing The Press: Prince Harry’s And Meghan Markle’s Rough Los Angeles Debut

"An argument can be made that the reason that the edict arrived under the apparently difficult-to-kill 'royal' brand is that its authors wanted to preserve the nascent "Archewell" brand from the muck of this particular fray. If that argument holds, it means that the couple sensed that there would be blowback, thus plenty of muck flying through the air. And, again, the question: Why throw blood in the water to rile up the sharks, just days before hearings and a public trial with one of them. Engaging with any publication, much less four major daily-publishing groups, on this rather small I'm-taking-my-football-and-going-home schoolyard level seems counterproductive"

"But the twist now is: Rather than trying to change the way in which they're viewed in those publications, they're trying to cut themselves off, piecemeal, from those editors through whom the couple could have worked toward that change. It isn't just an extraordinary step by a British royal, which it is, its other odd feature is that, as a media-management tactic, it doesn't add up."

"But one thing is clear: The couple's dissatisfaction is ongoing and, whatever its target, will not likely be dimmed. This aspect of its durability and power suggests that its target is greater and more intimate than the trappings and duties of royalty, or certain members of the British press.
It may just be that, no matter what sort of change they make happen, Harry and Meghan are dissatisfied with themselves."

Royal's message to Aussies on Anzac Day: 'I would like to join you all'

This article is dated yesterday, but the images are older.

Lovely images, however:

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcd714f78-d710-490b-93b1-91d97c5b5014

The Duke of Kent, image from linked article.

Kate Middleton's mum Carole delivers goody bags to her local children's hospital

The Duchess of Cambridge's mum Carole Middleton made a kind gesture to NHS Heroes on Saturday, delivering goody bags from her company Party Pieces to her local hospital's children's ward. Kate's mum no doubt put plenty of smiles on a lot of faces with her parcels filled with toys. Sharing an image on her company's Instagram page of her unloading her car, Carole said: "Happy to help @nhsheroes with some toys for the children's ward." Royal fans were touched by Carole's thoughtful gifts, with one commenting: "This is just great. I love this family so much!" Another said: "What a wonderful thing to do." A third added: "I know my nursing friends are immensely appreciative of our local businesses helping them."

Kate has been playing her own part in keeping the spirits of NHS and key workers up. While she may not be able to visit in person due to the coronavirus lockdown, the Duchess has found other ways to keep in touch with her patronages and other charities. As well as taking part in video calls with schools and organisations, Kate has been personally writing to some of her patronages, including Evelina London Children's Hospital.

The Duchess became patron of the hospital in 2018 and wrote to the institution, which is also treating COVID-19 patients. Kate said in her letter: "It is heartening to know you are still very much open for business and continuing to provide expert care to sick children despite the challenging circumstances. You are all truly inspirational and I know how much you will be there for these families, as you always have been.

Princess Diana's brother Charles Spencer offers up his kitchen to cook food for local NHS workers

Princess Diana's brother Charles Spencer is playing his part in helping to support his local NHS workers. The 55-year-old revealed that he has offered up the kitchens at the Spencer family's Northamptonshire home and his personal chef to prepare meals for the hard-working NHS workers of Northampton General Hospital. Sharing a photo on Twitter of the staff and the pre-prepared meals, Charles wrote: "The kitchens at @AlthorpHouse this lunchtime - Danny (left) the chef & his team preparing 250 meals for local @NHSuk workers. On the menu today: lamb or vegetarian moussaka with couscous and vegetables, courtesy of @Food4Heroes1."

Charles' followers were thrilled by the kind gesture, with one commenting: "Amazing scenes. Well done." Another wrote: "That's wonderful. You must be so proud of your team." A third said: "Well done everyone, that's amazing." About 250 meals for staff fighting coronavirus at Northampton General Hospital are being prepared a day at Charles' home by his personal chef Danny Tompkins, who has teamed up with the Food4Heroes project to provide a rolling menu, featuring shepherd’s pie, chilli con carne and a vegetarian option.

Speaking to Northampton Chronicle, Charles said: "Frankly the least we could do, in support of Danny and Food4Heroes, is to give them the kitchens at Althorp for their fantastic work. Danny and his team have been working unbelievably hard – all credit to them, and to the exceptionally brave and dedicated people they are helping to feed."

Danny also said: "These are unprecedented times and we are all having to muck in and do our bit to fight this thing together. The NHS staff bearing the brunt of this awful virus are absolute heroes and if I can provide them with a hot meal to save them one more task at the end of their shift every day then it’s a job well done."

I wonder why they were not allowed to scale back seems like some type of revenge.
And family wise where was Harry's older bro when the pictures of Meghan and Harry with a monkey for a baby appeared the papers?

Princess Diana's brother Charles Spencer offers up his kitchen to cook food for local NHS workers

Princess Diana's brother Charles Spencer is playing his part in helping to support his local NHS workers. The 55-year-old revealed that he has offered up the kitchens at the Spencer family's Northamptonshire home and his personal chef to prepare meals for the hard-working NHS workers of Northampton General Hospital. Sharing a photo on Twitter of the staff and the pre-prepared meals, Charles wrote: "The kitchens at @AlthorpHouse this lunchtime - Danny (left) the chef & his team preparing 250 meals for local @NHSuk workers. On the menu today: lamb or vegetarian moussaka with couscous and vegetables, courtesy of @Food4Heroes1."

Charles' followers were thrilled by the kind gesture, with one commenting: "Amazing scenes. Well done." Another wrote: "That's wonderful. You must be so proud of your team." A third said: "Well done everyone, that's amazing." About 250 meals for staff fighting coronavirus at Northampton General Hospital are being prepared a day at Charles' home by his personal chef Danny Tompkins, who has teamed up with the Food4Heroes project to provide a rolling menu, featuring shepherd’s pie, chilli con carne and a vegetarian option.

Speaking to Northampton Chronicle, Charles said: "Frankly the least we could do, in support of Danny and Food4Heroes, is to give them the kitchens at Althorp for their fantastic work. Danny and his team have been working unbelievably hard – all credit to them, and to the exceptionally brave and dedicated people they are helping to feed."

Danny also said: "These are unprecedented times and we are all having to muck in and do our bit to fight this thing together. The NHS staff bearing the brunt of this awful virus are absolute heroes and if I can provide them with a hot meal to save them one more task at the end of their shift every day then it’s a job well done."

This is very touching. Well done, indeed!

We're going to be getting so many birthday photos the week after next, we should be getting one for Charlotte for May 2nd and the Sussexes have confirmed that they will be releasing one of Archie on his birthday too
Roya Nikkhah on Twitter

I love seeing all the royal kiddies photos. I'm really looking forward to seeing one of Archie.

I've never really heard Eugenie speak much but this is sweet:

Princess Eugenie took part in her mother's daily 'Story time with Fergie and Friends' slot on YouTube on Saturday night, on what appeared to be her childhood swing. The royal, 30, read 'Guess How Much I Love You,' written by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram, for 'Storytime With Fergie And Friends,' Sarah Ferguson's children Youtube channel.

Eugenie appears to be isolating with her mother and husband at the Royal Lodge in Windsor, and was seen sitting on a swing emblazoned with her name in a glimpse at the sweeping gardens. Last week the Duchess of York, 60, announced that she would be reading a series of different children's books to help keep the little ones entertained during lockdown.

upload_2020-4-27_0-18-11.png

Princess Eugenie reads 'Guess How Much I Love You' by Sam McBratney | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member