Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it has been discussed but BB looked so handsome in Lori's court hearing with his arm protectively around Kay. Maybe it is that protective appearance and the steely glare at Lori and Chad but v handsome in my books. Having seen past images I think he is definitely better off for being away from Melani. When you look at the total picture of Melani leaving their four beautiful children (one still a baby), handsome BB who loved her, their apparently luxurious home and lifestyle it is impossible to fathom. I'm sure aunty Lori's plan was just a brief time until Melani had it all back less BB.

Well...this is pretty important information isn't it? I do hope we get some hard-core legal interpretation on when the 5th is permissible. Does that mean, that the prosecutor can say to Chad "no you cannot plead the 5th to this question Chad"? This is fodder to chew on....
In a criminal case, without a plea bargain or grant of immunity, I can't imagine many worthwhile questions for which the 5th couldn't be used. You can split hairs more in a civil suit. Even confirming his identity on the storage locker videos could be potentially incriminating.

Now, if he makes a plea deal with prosecutors because his involvement was minor...

In a criminal case, without a plea bargain or grant of immunity, I can't imagine many worthwhile questions for which the 5th couldn't be used. You can split hairs more in a civil suit. Even confirming his identity on the storage locker videos could be potentially incriminating.

Now, if he makes a plea deal with prosecutors because his involvement was minor...
I was pn a federal grant jury.for 8 months investigating mob related activities, and if they had given immunity to a witness or possible defendant when they got on the stand they could not plead the 5th, if they tried to do that off to jail they go. But I don't know how this works in.tjis kind of trial. I really think that chad could plead the 5th to any question, but if they gave him immunity from prosecution to turn on lori I wouldn't think he could plead the 5th either, what would be the point pleading the 5th when you have already been given immunity. Nothing he says under those circumstances cannot result in prosecution for him. I guess they have to look at the big picrure, and who is the biggest fish they want to catch.

I'm trying to gain information about Lori and Hawaii. We have her there four times: with Charles during the years 2015 and 2016, with Tylee from early February until either the end of March or the end of April 2019, with Chad for the first two weeks in November 2019 during the marriage and finally with Chad from 1 December until her arrest in February 2020. So from the beginning:

2015-2016: Public records show them living at four different addresses in Princeville, HI. The houses are near each other on the same street of a development in a golf course. The houses are currently listed on Zillow for $1.5-$2 million. None of the houses show rental histories but several them show has being on the market for extended periods of time. It is possible that the Vallows rented them when they would be otherwise unoccupied.

The Texas umbrella corporation was still active in this period, and the business name they used after returning to the mainland advertised that it did estate planning (annuity sales) business in Hawaii. I can find no information so far on who Charles was doing business with either these years or later.

The Vallows set up a separate corporation in 2015. Listed address is a location in a nearby retail/office complex and is probably a law office. The corporation evidently went defunct soon after. An enterprise with the same name has a social media presence showing it in business from September 2016 to June 2017, and owners other than the Vallows. I do not know if there is any connection between the two.

Feb 2019 - ????: I still hold to my theory that Lori took Tylee to Hawaii just after she panicked upon learning that the expected murder of Charles during his trip to Texas went awry. I have no idea why she picked Hawaii. I also do not know where she and Tylee stayed, what she did while she was there, and when they returned. It appears that the phone call to Charles's insurance company attempting to lock his policy occurred during this period. His correspondence with the insurance company stated that he suspected the voice was Lori but I can find no information that confirms this.

Nov 1, 2019-Nov 15, 2019 (approx). This is the period of the marriage and honeymoon, and has been well covered here.

1 Dec 2019-20 Feb 2020: This period has also received wide coverage in MSM and here. The one curious thing is that the condo Chad and Lori were staying in was in the same golf course development Charles, Tylee, JJ and Lori had lived in during 2015 and 2016, just one street over.

If anybody has anything to correct or flesh out the above please let me know. If you think it may be TOS-sensitive, feel free to message me.
Do we know that LV and CD went to Hawaii on or around Nov 1? Together?

I've also wondered if there was a modicum of truth when Lori tells the babysitter on 9/24/19 that she is in Hawaii. We know she wasn't in Hawaii on the 24th, but shortly after she goes silent from Oct 3 at the storage locker to Oct 22 at TD's memorial service. Could she have been in Hawaii between Oct 3 and Oct 22? Scouting out property rentals, looking for wedding planners, and having a great alibi for any implication in TD's alleged murder?

There was a somewhat similar situation involving various parties who were arrested and charged in the (yet to be tried) criminal cases relating to the May 2019 disappearance and murder of Jennifer Dulos.

Jennifer's estranged husband (Fotis Dulos), his live-in girlfriend and employee (Michelle Troconis), and his former civil lawyer (Kent Mawhinney) were arrested in January 2020 for kidnapping and murder (Fotis) and for conspiracy to commit murder (Troconis and Mawhinney). Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis had also been arrested earlier (September 2019) for criminal charges related to tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution associated with Jennifer's disappearance and murder.

All three of these parties were ALSO involved in civil litigation with Jennifer's mother and the estate of Jennifer's father relating to loans Jennifer's father had made to fund the luxury real estate development business operated by Fotis. Troconis performed some record keeping, house staging, marketing, and promotion services as an employee of that company and Mawhinney had provided business services and civil litigation services to the company. These civil proceedings had been initiated long before Jennifer disappeared and they were still in process at the time she disappeared.

At the time she was asked to testify in the civil litigation in late 2019, Troconis had ALREADY been criminally charged with tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution relating to Jennifer's disappearance and death (she had not yet been charged with Conspiracy to Commit/Murder, but was aware an investigation was continuing). Troconis attempted to take the 5th in relation to all questioning about her knowledge and participation in the business operations and money movement; however, the judge in the civil case ruled that Troconis must answer particular questions which were relevant to the civil case, but not relevant to the criminal case, and she was encouraged to have her criminal attorney present while she was questioned on the stand so he could object if questions were asked which might impact Troconis in the criminal case.

So, she answered some of the questions, but her answers provided no meaningful information as she more or less played stupid - claiming not to recall or not to know the answers to the questions or deferring to her employer, Fotis Dulos, as the person who dealt with such matters.
this is very helpful. thank you.

Do we know that LV and CD went to Hawaii on or around Nov 1? Together?

I've also wondered if there was a modicum of truth when Lori tells the babysitter on 9/24/19 that she is in Hawaii. We know she wasn't in Hawaii on the 24th, but shortly after she goes silent from Oct 3 at the storage locker to Oct 22 at TD's memorial service. Could she have been in Hawaii between Oct 3 and Oct 22? Scouting out property rentals, looking for wedding planners, and having a great alibi for any implication in TD's alleged murder?

They were married on the 5th, according to the legal complaint filed by the Rexburg PD. And your surmise is plausible, I don't think anybody has a sighting in the period you mention.

Still plugging away on the Vallow family in Hawaii. During my searching I came across a picture of Tylee and a friend in front of a pool, taken in July 2015. This picture is attached, with Tylee and friend blanked out.

The geography in that picture looked like that surrounding the golf course development where the family lived in different houses so I thought I'd see if the picture was taken at one of the houses. As you can see, I got lucky. Both a Zillow listing for that house and Google Earth correlate geographically.

So we have a house that Zillow says sold at $1.2 million in 2016. Between May 2015 and then it bounced on and off the market. Presumably the picture was taken while the house was rented by the Vallows.

That family sure had an unusual lifestyle. Lots of income, and very little visible. And Lori was drawn back to the neighborhood after marrying Chad.

Attachments

• Social Media.jpg
    Social Media.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Aerial.jpg
    Aerial.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Listing.jpg
    Listing.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 212
Still plugging away on the Vallow family in Hawaii. During my searching I came across a picture of Tylee and a friend in front of a pool, taken in July 2015. This picture is attached, with Tylee and friend blanked out.

The geography in that picture looked like that surrounding the golf course development where the family lived in different houses so I thought I'd see if the picture was taken at one of the houses. As you can see, I got lucky. Both a Zillow listing for that house and Google Earth correlate geographically.

So we have a house that Zillow says sold at $1.2 million in 2016. Between May 2015 and then it bounced on and off the market. Presumably the picture was taken while the house was rented by the Vallows.

That family sure had an unusual lifestyle. Lots of income, and very little visible. And Lori was drawn back to the neighborhood after marrying Chad.
It is to bad you guys aren't getting paid for all the research you've done. Im hoping there will be something new to talk about soon.

Always have the right to a jury. She can choose to try it to the court. Let the judge decide. But it’s easier to convince a couple of jurors than a judge. And back away Scott free.

There is definitely not “always” a right to a jury trial—details vary by state, but in general, for example, less-serious crimes, family law cases, probate cases, etc. might not be jury-eligible. In AZ at least, lots of regular civil claims are also not jury-eligible because they did not exist at common law at the time the state constitution was ratified.

Sneak Peek: Dateline Friday: An All New 2 hour on the Idaho Missing Kids. Exclusive interviews with Lori Vallow Daybell’s niece Melani, an insider in the group, as well as her husband, Ian, who quite incredibly, wore a wire for the FBI to try to get information from his wife on JJ and Tylee’s location. More to come!

Shane Bishop

(This page is the national producer of Dateline)

Listening to a podcast today about a different missing person case I heard this quote and it struck me as so universally true.

"When your child goes missing you do everything you can to find them. You place your hopes on the police. You hire a private investigator. You get your friends and family involved."
-Neil Strauss, To Live and Die in LA

Or you are LV and you cover it up from the police, people hire PIs who watch you, you get rid of family, and you try to get friends to lie to LE for you. Sometimes looking as closely as we do I forget the broader view of how nutty this whole case is.

Just a general statement about Hawaii... The Cox family goes way back with Hawaii.. we can't say much but there is evidence "out there" that they were familiar with HI way back with participation in the armed forces and other visits over time... So, in some ways, I just think that the ongoings in Hawaii are because of long term attraction to and travel etc.... And so I believe the back and forth, with our case, is partly because of old family familiarity as well as "hoped business ventures" for Charles and Lori, and continued attraction for future husband and wife ventures--Chad and Lori.

Sneak Peek: Dateline Friday: An All New 2 hour on the Idaho Missing Kids. Exclusive interviews with Lori Vallow Daybell’s niece Melani, an insider in the group, as well as her husband, Ian, who quite incredibly, wore a wire for the FBI to try to get information from his wife on JJ and Tylee’s location. More to come!

Shane Bishop

Ever since I saw that preview Saturday night on next Friday's all new dateline episode, I searched and searched the web and couldn't find anything on it! I was in the other room and I swore I saw Melani getting interviewed with her husband. It also looked like Colby was getting interviewed too. I'm very excited to watch this. Thanks for the update!

Shane Bishop

Well that should be quite an episode!! I can’t wait to hear what Melani has to say. If it’s anything like her FB post, we could be in for a treat! :rolleyes:
I do hope we gain some new information. It’s time for something to break loose on finding these children!

Well that should be quite an episode!! I can’t wait to hear what Melani has to say. If it’s anything like her FB post, we could be in for a treat! :rolleyes:
I do hope we gain some new information. It’s time for something to break loose on finding these children!

I wonder if she will giggle and head toss. Dead serious. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member