GA GA - Charles 'Chuckie' Mauk, 13, Warner Robins, 17 Feb 1986

According to the eye witness, CP, the suspect was a white male between the ages of 25-27 with very pale, acne scarred skin. His hair was actually somewhat light; a reddish brown as he describes him. He also insists that there was no one else in the car.

I have a thought about this suspect. Chuckie's mom is adamant that her son would not have spent that kind of time, or behaved that familiarly with a stranger. Perhaps that means this is a local person. Hung around in the social hot spot, perhaps even graduated from the local High School there. So, if Chuckie saw him as a familiar face in the hang out, he would not have viewed him as a complete stranger. If the suspect was 25-27 at the time, that would mean he graduated about 7-10 years prior 1986. So, between '75-'80 would be the range. If they spread the inquiries out into that age group, which would be locals in their say- 58-62 yrs range now, I wonder if they would recognize that orginal sketch?

So I remember looking into this case a couple of years ago, and I remember reading about someone coming across a sketch of an unidentified male found deceased in Blue Ridge, Georgia in 1997. It looks like they used the age-enhanced sketch from this case and made him look a bit rougher and less "movie star-ish". Same pose and everything. It makes me wonder if Georgia LE has evidence connecting him to this case:

Unidentified Remains: Blue Ridge, White Male

So I remember looking into this case a couple of years ago, and I remember reading about someone coming across a sketch of an unidentified male found deceased in Blue Ridge, Georgia in 1997. It looks like they used the age-enhanced sketch from this case and made him look a bit rougher and less "movie star-ish". Same pose and everything. It makes me wonder if Georgia LE has evidence connecting him to this case:

That sure does look a lot like the age-progressed sketch.

Have any of you heard about Chuckie Mock{h}? I just watched Nancy Grace and she featured him and interviewed his mother. It was so sad Nancy started to cry!

I can't locate him anywhere on the web. What I heard is iin 1986, he was seen standing by the side of a road talking to a guy in a car that had pulled up beside him. Many passing cars saw them. They talked for about 10 to 15 minutes and then the boy turned around to leave and the man in the car shot this little boy in the back of his head, killing him.

It happened on an army base, I think in Florida, not sure, but in the south anyway. It was a white guy with either bad acne on his face or else facial hair. There is a $5,000 reward for info about Chucie.

A really sad case. And if you can't even find him on the world wide net, then it means it is a really cold case! Very sad.

Scandi
It was in warner Robins GA at the Giants Food store parking lot on Russell Pkwy......sad cold case......

That sure does look a lot like the age-progressed sketch.

OMG the similarity is just absurd. IMO I don’t believe it is as much a possibility of this individual being a link to the Chuck Mauk murder, as much as I think that either the Georgia LE composite sketch software is very limited in it’s capabilities or the assigned sketch artist is lacking competence.

OMG the similarity is just absurd. IMO I don’t believe it is as much a possibility of this individual being a link to the Chuck Mauk murder, as much as I think that either the Georgia LE composite sketch software is very limited in it’s capabilities or the assigned sketch artist is lacking competence.
I agree. To me, the original sketch in comparison to the age progressed sketch is not at all accurate. IMO. What if the original was cleaned up and colorized according to CP's eye-witness description? (Thinking out loud here).

According to the eye witness, CP, the suspect was a white male between the ages of 25-27 with very pale, acne scarred skin. His hair was actually somewhat light; a reddish brown as he describes him. He also insists that there was no one else in the car.

I have a thought about this suspect. Chuckie's mom is adamant that her son would not have spent that kind of time, or behaved that familiarly with a stranger. Perhaps that means this is a local person. Hung around in the social hot spot, perhaps even graduated from the local High School there. So, if Chuckie saw him as a familiar face in the hang out, he would not have viewed him as a complete stranger. If the suspect was 25-27 at the time, that would mean he graduated about 7-10 years prior 1986. So, between '75-'80 would be the range. If they spread the inquiries out into that age group, which would be locals in their say- 58-62 yrs range now, I wonder if they would recognize that orginal sketch?
I totally agree with this post- have they checked over old yearbooks it's said he had bad acene and placed him 25 plus. But he could actually be a lot younger. or the scaring could have been from burns? or something else? I think this is worth looking into too

I totally agree with this post- have they checked over old yearbooks it's said he had bad acene and placed him 25 plus. But he could actually be a lot younger. or the scaring could have been from burns? or something else? I think this is worth looking into too
Well, I know I have. I've spent countless hours going through yearbooks with the original sketch, as well as other mugshots on public record in the state of Georgia, with the original composite sketch in hand. I've also learned more about Buicks and their emblems than I ever cared to know. I've made some headway. We shall see. Of one thing I am certain. That was a '78 Buick Regal. That was the only year and model that had the emblem displayed above that tire. For some reason I can't explain, I've latched onto this case. I think of his Mom and brother often; wanting so much for there to be answers for them.

Looks uncannily like the sketch of Chuckie's suspect.

Several scenarios come to mind,

Just so I have the case facts straight

-Victim is seen by his friend who was passing by in a vehicle, talking to a white male in a white Buick Regal type vehicle (didnt see anywhere stating what side of the vehicle the victim was on,Driver/passenger) when speaking to the driver, they appear to be laughing.

-Victim is still on his bike , shot in the back of the head while turning to leave

-Suspect flees

-Victim is found with the receipt from the purchase, still in his hand

Larger memorial image loading...
 Charles B “Chuck” Mauk Jr.

Charles B “Chuck” Mauk Jr.​

BIRTH 29 May 1972 Georgia, USA
DEATH 17 Feb 1986 (aged 13) Warner Robins, Houston County, Georgia, USA
BURIAL Parkway Memorial Gardens, Warner Robins, Houston County, Georgia, USA

Chuck was riding his bike home from a neighborhood grocery store when he was shot in the back of the head--he had gone for a pack of gum for school the next day.

Chuckie was a gregarious seventh-grader - who never met a stranger, loved baseball and football, enjoyed riding the bicycle and motorcycle he built himself, who was fearless on the ultralight airplane he flew on visits with his dad, and whose eyes were as blue as the sky. Witnesses would report that Chuckie had been seen talking with a man in a white car before he was shot about 8:15 p.m. behind Roy and Rose's Restaurant, a few feet from the intersection of Burns Drive and Russell Parkway. He is survived by his mother Cathy Miller, step-father Pete, father and brother Greg Miller.

The person responsible for his death has never been found. His story has been aired on CNN's Headline News "Nancy Grace". A $5,000 reward has been offered for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for his death.

LINK:

Reminds me a little of the John David Watson case, another teenage boy who was shot while riding his bike. A man was arrested for his murder decades later but the charges against him were dismissed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back