Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
UN warns coronavirus fallout will lead to the next pandemic – global starvation

The next global pandemic may very well be a hunger pandemic as a result of the fallout from coronavirus.

While the World Health Organization warns that stringent guidelines need to stay in place to combat the spread of COVID-19, fellow United Nations agency World Food Program (WFP) believes that it will lead to an uptick in global poverty and starvation, and the response to the virus itself may end up killing more people by the end of 2020.

Last week, WFP's executive director David Beasley cautioned the UN Security Council that the risk of large-scale famine in much of the developing world was now "of biblical proportions" as a result of the global pandemic.

"While dealing with a COVID-19 pandemic, we are also on the brink of a hunger pandemic," Beasley told the council. "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself."

Much more at link. None of it good :(

I just saw a news article on facebook and was reading the comments....it was overwhelming from Floridians to open it up......Beware what you ask for.....you might just get it.

They actually think this Governor did something to not have a New York situation. I chalk it up to darn luck. But luck has a tendency to change on a dime.

Last edited:
I just saw a news article on facebook and was reading the comments....it was overwhelming from Floridians to open it up......Beware what you ask for.....you might just get it.

Thry actually think this Governor did something to not have a New York situation. I chalk it up to darn luck. But luck has a tendency to change on a dime.

The other big FL story today is that they are not being completely transparent about their reporting. Medical Examiners were doing their regular reporting, but the State asked them to stop.

That's troubling.

Thry actually think this Governor did something to not have a New York situation. I chalk it up to darn luck. But luck has a tendency to change on a dime.
No, no, no ...not everyone feels that way!!

State Asked Miami-Dade to Restrict Information of COVID-19 Deaths

Florida medical examiners were releasing coronavirus death data. The state made them stop.

Children may not be 'super-spreaders' after boy gave bug to none of 172 contacts

Here's another article saying kids are not the super spreaders after all.

Lots more on the net too. It seems unfair to me that kids have been accused of being super spreaders, when the evidence is seemingly from previous diseases. MOO.

Now we're in agreement! :)

I don't know who you know who accused kids of being super spreaders (I haven't heard that but I'm sure it's been said by someone).

Clearly, they are not super-spreaders. I truly do wonder, though, when we'll know more about their antibody formation (the kids).

What I don't get is why the woman got cited and not her son. Her son is 26, not exactly a "young child" either.
She's the homeowner and responsible for what takes place on her property but, I agree, the son admitted he invited "20-30 people" and that clearly is a violation of the order prohibiting gatherings of no more than 10.

JMO

Now we're in agreement! :)

I don't know who you know who accused kids of being super spreaders (I haven't heard that but I'm sure it's been said by someone).

Clearly, they are not super-spreaders. I truly do wonder, though, when we'll know more about their antibody formation (the kids).

Lots have said it. Just some Google search results below.

https://www.express.co.uk › ... › UK
Coronavirus news: Children could be 'SUPER-SPREADERS' and should be ...

26 Mar 2020 · CHILDREN have the ability to be 'super-spreaders' of coronavirus (COVID-19) and should be made to ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk › news › heal...
Coronavirus super-spreaders: Why are they important? - BBC News

10 Feb 2020 · "Kids are good at that - that's why closing schools can be a good measure," Dr John Edmunds, from the ...

upload_2020-4-29_21-5-5.pngwww.dailymail.co.uk
Coronavirus: French research says kids aren't superspreaders

20 Apr 2020 · Children may not be super-spreaders of the coronavirus: Infected boy, nine, did not spread the deadly ...

https://www.independent.co.uk › co...
Coronavirus: What is a super-spreader and how do they change disease ...

17 Apr 2020 · One of the first confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK was a man from Brighton who was deemed a ...

How severe is the coronavirus disease?

Is the coronavirus disease the same as SARS?
Are children at risk of getting infected with coronavirus?
For informational purposes only. Consult your local medical authority for advice.

Feedback

https://www.aljazeera.com › features
Web results
Doctor's Note: What we know about coronavirus and children - Al Jazeera

22 Mar 2020 · Even if they show no symptoms, children are highly effective " super spreaders" of this virus mainly because of ...

https://www.standard.co.uk › world
Coronavirus super-spreaders: Who are they and how are they passing the ...

11 Feb 2020 · Young school children in the UK are often regarded as super-spreaders of cold and flu. Doctors say a virus can spread ...

https://www.cannockchaseccg.nhs.uk › ...
Prepare your 'super-spreaders' - aka children – for their flu vaccination - NHS ...

Children are also 'super-spreaders' - they're in regular close contact so can easily and unwittingly help with the spread of the virus, ...

https://www.theguardian.com › feb
Stigmatising 'super-spreaders' won't help the fight against coronavirus ...

12 Feb 2020 · Stigmatising ' super-spreaders' won't help the fight against coronavirus. This article is more than 2 months old.

https://www.smh.com.au › national
Coronavirus outbreak: Are children super germ spreaders?

5 Mar 2020 · It is in children's nature to spread everything they have in their possession, from germs to information and ...

ETA don't know how to delete these images sorry.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-29_21-5-5.png
    upload_2020-4-29_21-5-5.png
    441 bytes · Views: 2
    103 bytes · Views: 2
  • upload_2020-4-29_21-5-5.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-29_21-5-5.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1
    2.8 KB · Views: 1
    2.3 KB · Views: 1
    498 bytes · Views: 1
    290 bytes · Views: 1
    394 bytes · Views: 1
    394 bytes · Views: 1
FORT MORGAN, Colo. (CBS4) – Operations halted Sunday at the Leprino Foods dairy foods processing plant in Fort Morgan after a high number of employees, some without symptoms, tested positive for coronavirus, a plant spokerperson told CBS4.

The plant will remain closed for a minimum of five days, according to Kim DeVigil. A reassessment is planned for Friday.

Aside from a complete cleaning of the facility, DeVigil said all remaining employees who have not been tested will undergo testing. Also, employees 65 years old and older will be held out of the workforce indefinitely. They will receive pay.

“It is important to note that sanitation and hygiene in our plant environments are robust on a normal basis,” DeVigil stated. “During the COVID-19 situation, we have further enhanced our sanitation processes and instituted a number of other protocols.”

When the plant restarts, employees will answer a questionnaire and receive temperature checks upon entering, and be required to maintain social distancing once inside. All will be required to wear nose and mouth coverings as well.

DeVigil said Leprino will provide supplemental pay to workers forced out of the plant by due to coronavirus.

“We feel this extreme measure is necessary and important for the safety and health of our employees,” DeVigil said in a statement.

Leprino Foods Processing Plant Shuts Down After Coronavirus Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member