Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true about the hunger, something I've been worried about since I first became interested in this virus. With meat packing plants closing down and farm workers not able to do the work, where does the food come from?

If there isn't enough food, what comes next? Civil unrest?

Went to Publix today-- lots of meat and chicken
no toilet paper or towel paper--we have plenty but i cannot
figure out why Publix still does not have these products-- it is
surprising

Okay. I'm still looking but Governor Holcomb hasn't made any announcements about easing restrictions yet. Can you link to the malls opening?
Report: Simon Property Group plans to open Indiana malls on Saturday

It was a top story on the noon news today and that got everyone talking. Our Nextdoor started blowing up with everyone cheering and making plans for weekend shopping.

And people are speculating whether barber shops and beauty shops that are located in malls can open Saturday too.

Thanks. Day 42 of quarantine, maybe another 32 to go.

Wow - hang in there. We've gotten this far. Looks like we'll go into a soft opening phase for L.A. County around May 10 - hospitals will be open to non-CoVid essential care, doctors and dentists can reopen. North of L.A., businesses with 10 employees or less may open as long as they file a CoVid plan with the relevant county.

Yep......there is really no where to go but up.

this forecast assumes social distancing ends may 1st.....
Daily deaths will double and the curve is turned upward. Median death projected at 4,795 with an upward range of almost 16,000.
COVID-19 Projections | US | Georgia
Yes. I understand the issue of "The Economy" but our leaders and a huge percentage of the population are simply in denial. The pandemic is simply bigger than we are when we don't take corrective measures.

Going back to lurking-mode.

Last edited:
Interesting how the TSA cases align with the areas with higher cases....
That is interesting! Has a map been made, do you know?

Where I used to volunteer, B.C. (Before Covid), I worked largely with international travelers. The worst two cases of flu I ever had was caught in that situation. One bout was so bad I didn't care if I died. My theory is "foreign" virus hit me harder than "at-home" version would. (This is my personal, non-medical theory, based on case study of me alone!)

TSA workers are exposed many people, of course, but people from all over the world who have traveled all over the world, making their exposure greater in both number AND with more variety. Could that be a factor in those cases? IDK.

jmo

Even as the economy opens, I am not sensing a spending spree.

Are people itching to spend?

I think we should pace ourselves for slow economic recovery, not speedy. (And I think we should brace ourselves for Wave 2.)

jmo
After been locked in for the most part, I think they will be looking for entertainment....shopping is entertainment...lol

surprising
I am surprised you are surprised. Have you seen other groceries? Big Box stores? Convenience stores? They are out of products too.

I worked right through noon news. I'm interested in how this is going to play out with a lot of (most of) the stores being non essential. I'll try to stay up to date better. :)
Usually I don’t get to watch the noon news. But I’ve been on furlough for 5 weeks now, and I just found out I will be off until at least June.

So I guess I will have plenty of time to watch the noon news, lol.

That is interesting! Has a map been made, do you know?

Where I used to volunteer, B.C. (Before Covid), I worked largely with international travelers. The worst two cases of flu I ever had was caught in that situation. One bout was so bad I didn't care if I died. My theory is "foreign" virus hit me harder than "at-home" version would. (This is my personal, non-medical theory, based on case study of me alone!)

TSA workers are exposed many people, of course, but people from all over the world who have traveled all over the world, making their exposure greater in both number AND with more variety. Could that be a factor in those cases? IDK.

jmo
Notice Atlanta isn't listed. Compared to other metro areas, Atlanta's cases are lower. I give credit to the Mayor who put a STAY on home order in place 45 days ago.....that gives some idea how bad this could go once this is opened up. After 45 days we still haven't flattened the curve but opening anyway. Not even close to 14 days of downward trends.

surprising
I also was in the grocery store today, a local, family-owned (not chain) store. The meat cases were well-stocked. I'm guessing their source is local, not from the big packing plants, so perhaps more secure...until people make a run on it, I suppose.

jmo

Probably. Was she there and if so why did she allow?

The article clearly said she was at work and her son turned off the doorbell camera so it wouldn’t alert her phone. So she was in no position to allow the party. In addition, her son cleaned up the mess, so even when she got home she didn’t know. She’s hardly to blame.

That's a long furlough!
Yes it is. Quite a few of the nurses and providers I work with have been on unpaid furlough since mid-March.

We’re caught in a kind of strange set of circumstances. We work in healthcare during a pandemic, and we are furloughed due to cancellation of all elective visits and procedures.

Judging from the teenagers that have been riding up and down the street all hours of the day and night for the past six weeks - probably their parents.
Or they just want to go and hang out with their friends.
None of my family or friends have received their stimulus money. Most had direct deposit. Hopefully soon!

The link was posted here yesterday, finally routing and account number can be added for direct deposit. It worked for me

Economic Impact Payments | Internal Revenue Service

I also was in the grocery store today, a local, family-owned (not chain) store. The meat cases were well-stocked. I'm guessing their source is local, not from the big packing plants, so perhaps more secure...until people make a run on it, I suppose.

jmo

Local butchers shops should be ok for stock and are usually better and fresher than prepacked supermarket meat. Ours are rushed off their feet, one owner hasn't had a day off since 15th March as they've been so much busier than normal, which is great to hear. I've made him promise to let me know if there's any danger of running out of meat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects