Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. Quite a few of the nurses and providers I work with have been on unpaid furlough since mid-March.

We’re caught in a kind of strange set of circumstances. We work in healthcare during a pandemic, and we are furloughed due to cancellation of all elective visits and procedures.

Too bad you and your colleagues couldn't be hired by the public health unit to assist in care homes, or other places where a trained nurse could oversee health care practices and provide training.

Agree. I just updated my Health Care Directive, Advance Power of Attorney and Last Will & Testament. It meant going for a signing at my attorney's office last week, but we each sat at opposite ends of a very long conference table. Witnesses who signed were stationed in the hall outside the conference room looking in the window.

My Health Care Directive has do not resuscitate order, but I've added no ventilation as well. A copy is now with my doctor, and life options advocacy agent as well as POA. They all know.....make me comfortable with morphine drip and let me go.
After an eight week plus delay we are in the final review of our end-of-life documents changes. Signing and notary will be accomplished via audio visual.

Scroll down about half way for the pertinent emergency guidelines.

No. 202.7: Continuing Temporary Suspension and Modification of Laws Relating to the Disaster Emergency

President Trump just sent one of my bank accounts $1,200.00 today........:).......... PAAAAAARTY !!!.....moo

What are your thoughts on that program, cody? Is it best to give everyone the same amount, ot would it have been good to disperse funds based on need? I'm assuming the money is taxable income. Is that true?

Hospitals have had enough time to prepare additional beds, rooms, equipment, PPE and testing is looking better. Now they are ready for a surge and the US is in the process of lifting restrictions and re-opening.

I know the economy needs it, but with so many unknowns is it worth the risk?

The WHO and scientists have said we need to test test test and trace trace trace..... I haven't read ANYTHING about states tracing... have I missed such announcements in the threads as I thought we weren't going to open up until such time... guess I was wrong. (#9,999 on these threads I have been, so par for the course?)

Too bad you and your colleagues couldn't be hired by the public health unit to assist in care homes, or other places where a trained nurse could oversee health care practices and provide training.
This is another quirk because definitely we could work where there are shortages of healthcare workers. I receive phone calls and emails offering temporary work at nursing homes and hospitals.

But, since we are on unpaid furlough our company is paying our health insurance premiums and maintaining our health insurance. If we work somewhere else we lose our health insurance unless we can afford to pay COBRA.

This is another quirk because definitely we could work where there are shortages of healthcare workers. I receive phone calls and emails offering temporary work at nursing homes and hospitals.

But, since we are on unpaid furlough our company is paying our health insurance premiums and maintaining our health insurance. If we work somewhere else we lose our health insurance unless we can afford to pay COBRA.
Health insurance linked to a job can pose problems like this. :(

Catch-22, for sure.

jmo

What are your thoughts on that program, cody? Is it best to give everyone the same amount, ot would it have been good to disperse funds based on need? I'm assuming the money is taxable income. Is that true?
I think it is a needed program at this time. I think all people should get the same amount. I do not know if it is taxable income. I have been legally a "non tax paying pauper" since 2010( Not enough taxable income.....Social Security income only). I retired from my own small business on February 10, 2008 at the age of 57......I like my freedom and more money gives you more freedom......moo

RSBM
So I was having kittens this January, about how to avoid him or anyone else coming back through airports having heard of this new virus. In the end I told him I had a really bad cold so "quarantined" him from me at least, without him knowing it! Needless to say I didn't go out until I was germ-free as I honestly think that virus whatever it was, could have been a serious problem for others.

lol, love to solve autocorrect mistakes... Could kittens be conniptions? hahaha took me a few reads to figure that out.

I totally agree, I have a friend who visits his family in Australia every December and we usually meet up when he gets back in January to catch up. The last two Januarys before this one 2-3 days after meeting up I have broken out with horrible colds. He never has any symptoms but both times I hadn't seen anyone else or been anywhere else, so I do blame him! The one last year was so bad I thought it would never go, razor blades in the throat, pain all over my face and head, hot and cold, for a full 10 days, but not flu, I don't think, as I could get off the sofa. I normally throw off colds in a couple of days.

So I was having kittens this January, about how to avoid him or anyone else coming back through airports having heard of this new virus. In the end I told him I had a really bad cold so "quarantined" him from me at least, without him knowing it! Needless to say I didn't go out until I was germ-free as I honestly think that virus whatever it was, could have been a serious problem for others.
Aha! My study size has doubled....to the two us, lol. :)

Rather reassuring someone else has noticed the same thing I have.

jmo

QUOTE="dixiegirl1035, post: 16040932, member: 209648"]Today's Dr. Seheult with Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)?and Dr. Hansen with Are BLOOD CLOTS the reason why COVID19 patients are dying? (Blood thinners to save lives?)
[/QUOTE]

I thought that Dr. Hansen's video that you posted earlier today on how finger oximeters work was interesting and he noted things that can impact the oxygen sensor and therefore the results, such as fingernail polish, length of finger nails, etc.

Edited to add: He also mentioned the light in the room and how that might affect the reading of the oximeter.

So why have grandkids not been able to see their grandparents then? This doesn't make sense of what we are being told.
https://www.thelocal.ch/20200427/update-swiss-grandparents-can-now-hug-their-grandkids

Swiss grandparents told they 'can now hug their grandkids'
The Local
news@thelocal.ch
@thelocalswitzer
27 April 2020
16:20 CEST+02:00

Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic in mid-March, health authorities have been advising against the “mixing of the generations”, to avoid young people contaminating older people with the virus. But now the officials have revised this recommendation.

According to Daniel Koch, the head of the infectious diseases unit at the Federal Department of Public Health (FOPH), it is no longer necessary to keep the distance between the grandparents and grandchildren.

The original recommendation was issued “when our learning curve about the transmission of coronavirus was still high”, Koch said in a press conference on Monday afternoon.

However, it has been revised because “we now know that young children don’t transmit the virus”, he added.

Trying to get to sleep but wondering how many secrets have died with this virus. How many people have passed away and taken the answers to our crime cases (remember those?!) to their graves? Will any cases get solved because of deathbed confessions or unearthed evidence?

And now I’ve got that written down and passed on to you lot, I might actually be able to nod off... a problem shared and all that. Answers on a postcard.

The link was posted here yesterday, finally routing and account number can be added for direct deposit. It worked for me

Economic Impact Payments | Internal Revenue Service

Thank you so much! Yay finally got a confirmation. I was hoping to enter bank information for direct deposit since I’m staying at home, but got a message saying it’s scheduled to be mailed out on May 1.

Trying to get to sleep but wondering how many secrets have died with this virus. How many people have passed away and taken the answers to our crime cases (remember those?!) to their graves? Will any cases get solved because of deathbed confessions or unearthed evidence?

And now I’ve got that written down and passed on to you lot, I might actually be able to nod off... a problem shared and all that. Answers on a postcard.
Sweet dreams Cagz. So true. I cant help but think how many will also get away with a crime due to the pandemic. So many victims could go missing and not missed by family/Friends for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood