Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice the prosecutors cheeks? He was laughing. I think the district court judge needs to have a minor in speech pathology to figure out Dollar Store Lawyers arguments.

I have an MA in speech pathology, and I don't understand it. You'd need an interpreter - of what language, I don't know...confusion? - to understand his argument.

The most interesting thing i learned from the dateline episode was that colby was at the house the night charles was killed. That would mean he would likely know who was at this pool party they supposedly had and what went on during it.
It said in the episode Colby knew nothing of a pool party happening that night. I've been suspicious of the same-day-pool-party "fact" since it was first stated. MOO is the homeowner conflated two close events in unintentional hyperbole while talking to news media. There are no texts or neighborhood messages or police complaints (yet) to back up the claim. Again, MOO.

I thought when proof of life ceases..you have a case.
ie: ipads,toys,photos throw away ,Tylee’s -Social Security money debit card- taken over by Lori, no schooling, no social media, no friend or family contact, no Skype ,no selfies, no FaceTime, no plane tickets in their names, mom rented Hi condo saying she had NO Children, Charles Vallow told people Lori didn’t want JJ around, no one coming forward to say they have seen the children.
Seems a ton of circumstantial evidence.
They are minors existing in 2019/2020.
I would think proof of life, esp Tylee, can be weighed via these very things.
MOO of course

One thing that stood out to me during the Dateline episode was I think it was Chad's application for the place in Hawaii where he said they had no pets and no kids.

I wonder if that place had rules about kids and pets?

It would be interesting to find an older rental Ad for that place, if it exists, to see what the rules were to live there. I would hate to think that may have contributed to their reasons.

The most interesting thing i learned from the dateline episode was that colby was at the house the night charles was killed. That would mean he would likely know who was at this pool party they supposedly had and what went on during it.
BBM. Wait, what?!? I thought Colby only knew about Charles dieing from a text message from Lori and never could even get a straight answer (supposedly he died of a heart attack) from Lori via text or phone calls for a long time. But now it comes out that he was at their house that very day, which means he would have personally been with Lori and the others in the very house and the very day Charles was murdered and somehow he knew nothing of it? Something's not right here. Or am I somehow remembering things wrong?

Several observations from Dateline last night and Justin Lum's emails:
  • Colby said that after he started dating his soon-to-be wife, Lori's behavior towards him changed. She started treating him "more like a boyfriend." Grotesque immaturity from a mother.
  • Alex C was only rated a 2 light in 2018. I think he was convinced that killing "dark" beings could raise his "score" and would be in service to his god.
  • Lori used abuse claims (and adultery) to weaponize Alex to act against her spouses.
  • Mark Means said the request to let the state know where the kids were at the bond hearing was "the remedy" in the larger abandonment case and that doing so would be predjudicial.

Colby said he was only at the house for 45 mins that day and needed to get out

BBM. Wait, what?!? I thought Colby only knew about Charles dieing from a text message from Lori and never could even get a straight answer (supposedly he died of a heart attack) from Lori via text or phone calls for a long time. But now it comes out that he was at their house that very day, which means he would have personally been with Lori and the others in the very house and the very day Charles was murdered and somehow he knew nothing of it? Something's not right here. Or am I somehow remembering things wrong?

He went over later that night. I remember that coming out quite some time back. It might be in the media thread? Jmo

It appears he went to the house after receiving the text / phone call from Lori that Charles had a heart attack and died. He said when he arrived Tylee was hysterical. Lori told Colby the truth and Colby wanted out of there ASAP due to anger and frustration. He stayed 30-40 minutes. He said he had no knowledge of the pool party and was asked if he regretted leaving so soon in hindsight, which he had to think about, as he said the whole situation there was “off”. MOO - I think he regrets not thinking of the kids at the time. I don’t think he ever considered that they were not safe.

It appears he went to the house after receiving the text / phone call from Lori that Charles had a heart attack and died. He said when he arrived Tylee was hysterical. Lori told Colby the truth and Colby wanted out of there ASAP due to anger and frustration. He stayed 30-40 minutes. He said he had no knowledge of the pool party and was asked if he regretted leaving so soon in hindsight, which he had to think about, as he said the whole situation there was “off”. MOO - I think he regrets not thinking of the kids at the time. I don’t think he ever considered that they were not safe.

Yep! that's exactly what he said

He went over later that night. I remember that coming out quite some time back. It might be in the media thread? Jmo
Thank goodness for the written records because this whole case is too convoluted to keep everything straight otherwise. From @Gardener1850 wonderful timeline:

11 July 2019, Midday – Lori calls her son Colby and says that Charles died from a heart attack at the house. CR was shocked and went to the house later to see if he could comfort his family. Soon after he came in and hugged Tylee he found out that CV had actually been shot to death. CR “froze up” at this news and didn’t know what to say. CR admits he freaked out and started cussing at Lori and asking her what was going on because “this was a million times worse” than what she had first told him happened. Lori offered no explanation for initially lying to CR. Lori told CR the story of the fight they had that lead to CV getting shot. CR says that he has never seen CV “in a rage” the way that Lori described (CR interview w/Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix).

Thank goodness for the written records because this whole case is too convoluted to keep everything straight otherwise. From @Gardener1850 wonderful timeline:

11 July 2019, Midday – Lori calls her son Colby and says that Charles died from a heart attack at the house. CR was shocked and went to the house later to see if he could comfort his family. Soon after he came in and hugged Tylee he found out that CV had actually been shot to death. CR “froze up” at this news and didn’t know what to say. CR admits he freaked out and started cussing at Lori and asking her what was going on because “this was a million times worse” than what she had first told him happened. Lori offered no explanation for initially lying to CR. Lori told CR the story of the fight they had that lead to CV getting shot. CR says that he has never seen CV “in a rage” the way that Lori described (CR interview w/Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix).
I think what happened was that I was mixing up Colby's account with that of Charles' other sons. Again, from the timeline:

12 July 2019, 4:36 pm – Lori sends a group text to Charles' 2 adult sons:
“Hi boys. I have very sad news. Your dad passed away yesterday. I’m working on making arrangements and I’ll keep you informed with what’s going on. Im still not sure how to handle things. Just want you to know that I love you and so did your dad!! *Heart Emoji*”
One son replies “Lori what happened”
Lori texts: “We are still waiting for the ME report. I’ll let you know more when I can.”
Another reply from one of CV’s sons: “Where is he? And what happened?”
Lori texts: “I’ll call you when I can bub. He is here in Arizona.”
For several hours and days after that CV’s son texts questions & Lori refuses to give details on how CV died. She keeps saying she is waiting to hear from the ME (Fox10 Phoenix).

14 July 2019 – Lori leaves a voicemail for CV’s adult son. She starts by saying “It’s Lolo, I just wanted to talk to you and see how you’re doing.” She still had not provided any details about what happened to CV. He calls back but Lori doesn’t answer. This is the last time CV’s son received a call from Lori (Fox10 Phoenix).

One of the big surprises for me was the revelation Colby made on Dateline regarding Tylee's Dad. Did you all know about the SA allegation? That was confusing, and I would have thought Lori would have used that over the years to her advantage.

Also that weird bit with Melani and her husband. So she forgave him and is moving on? I really found her quite unbelievable overall. Something about her doesn't track right.
In my opinion Ian will be disposable, hes useful now but when this is over and if she walks free she will want to live the life she was accustomed to with Brandon. What better way, she is getting the stage with a baby on the way and a life insuramce policy on Ian I'm sure to come. He even seems smug now but wait the tables will turn...

I agree that lawyer client confidentiality is very important, but Mr. Means could have presented his arguments in 20 minutes tops, not 2 hours. The importance of the issues were lost in his presentation and it just sounded like he was airing an endless list of personal grievances.

And he spent his time complaining about the late receipt of documents, which totally seemed to frazzle him.
Yet, he should have had his coherent case, with facts, case law, evidence, affidavits etc. all ready to go, prior to 2.48pm the day before - like HE SAID this was already delayed twice!

Also, I think his latest round of subpoenas (fishing) triggered the prosecution to get the affidavits. Foot bullet!

Last edited:
I thought when proof of life ceases..you have a case.
ie: ipads,toys,photos throw away ,Tylee’s -Social Security money debit card- taken over by Lori, no schooling, no social media, no friend or family contact, no Skype ,no selfies, no FaceTime, no plane tickets in their names, mom rented Hi condo saying she had NO Children, Charles Vallow told people Lori didn’t want JJ around, no one coming forward to say they have seen the children.
Seems a ton of circumstantial evidence.
They are minors existing in 2019/2020.
I would think proof of life, esp Tylee, can be weighed via these very things.
MOO of course
I remembered a similar case from Scotland where a carer couple disappeared a vulnerable woman (Margaret Fleming) in their care in 1999, but her disappearance wasn't noticed by the authorities until 2016. Despite the suspicion, there wasn't enough evidence to charge the couple with murder, until they started making outlandish claims to the media. Unlike Chad and Lori who refuse to talk about the kids, this couple claimed that Margaret was still alive. They also manufactured evidence to support their claims.
Carers guilty of murdering missing teenager

Here's how "proof of life" was investigated in Margaret's case:
How do you solve a murder without a body?

Melani is lying through her teeth... moved next door, doesn't question about the kids, marries someone she met online 13 days after meeting him, and she is OK with current hubby talking to LE ?? Nope.. he better watch his back..he will be next. just OMG

Completely agree!
Melani imo must lie and keep up this facade... Her future depends upon it....if she doesn't she knows what the inevitable is... accessory to the disappearance of JJ and Tylee.

I don't know much about this case so I am wondering if there was a cottage or property listed that Lori may have had access to in order to burry the children, perhaps a cottage inside a house of somekind?

I remembered a similar case from Scotland where a carer couple disappeared a vulnerable woman (Margaret Fleming) in their care in 1999, but her disappearance wasn't noticed by the authorities until 2016. Despite the suspicion, there wasn't enough evidence to charge the couple with murder, until they started making outlandish claims to the media. Unlike Chad and Lori who refuse to talk about the kids, this couple claimed that Margaret was still alive. They also manufactured evidence to support their claims.
Carers guilty of murdering missing teenager

Here's how "proof of life" was investigated in Margaret's case:
How do you solve a murder without a body?

Thanks. It appears they based “Proof of life” on :
incoming & out going money of victim
zero communication from the victim
actions of & those who had access to the victim

MOO

Once things about Lori & Chad were making national news many of Chad’s books started getting flooded with low ratings/reviews and many people asking where the children are.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about this case so I am wondering if there was a cottage or property listed that Lori may have had access to in order to burry the children, perhaps a cottage inside a house of somekind?
No, I don't think Lori owned a house or any sort of property. I think we would have known by now. She wouldn't be able to keep up with payments, seeing her past bankrupt history. They always seemed to rent houses and cars so I don't think they really owned anything. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288