Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can she get there safely? It seems to me that her biggest risk may be in transportation to your place. If she can drive herself there and back, and make no stops enroute, the I expect she will have a safe and wonderful visit with you.
Yes, she drives herself and is only 7 miles away. Prior to this, she was here for a bit 3 or 4 times a week. My dog has started woefully sniffing things I bring back from my mom’s house (she sends bags of fabric and stuff when I drop supplies off). She had ordered some dog toys online for her and they sat at Mom’s house for weeks. Dog was ecstatic when I brought those home for her. They have a bond. If my dog had to make a choice who to save, she would pick my mom over hubby and me.

Yes, she drives herself and is only 7 miles away. Prior to this, she was here for a bit 3 or 4 times a week. My dog has started woefully sniffing things I bring back from my mom’s house (she sends bags of fabric and stuff when I drop supplies off). She had ordered some dog toys online for her and they sat at Mom’s house for weeks. Dog was ecstatic when I brought those home for her. They have a bond. If my dog had to make a choice who to save, she would pick my mom over hubby and me.

I have been self isolating on my property since early February, except for one day's pandemic run that month to stores. I am in my front garden every day for 3-4 hours, and folks in the neighborhood walk by, often with their dogs. Last week, two of my favorite dogs (I watched them before when humans were on trips) were let off leash to play with me in the yard. I petted them, hugged them, laid in the grass with them. Since I live alone, I.NEEDED.THAT. TOUCH.CONNECTION. It was fabulous. And yeah, they could have the virus on them.... but I took the risk and said to myself it's so very insignificant ... and reward greatly outweighed the risk.

Last edited:
I am glad she was ok in the end. Does she have some sort of alarm? It must be very worrying. Take care of yourself too.

Yes, she has pull cords in her apartment. You just pull the string and it alerts fire rescue. Plus, a landline and cell. The paramedics gave her a bit of a lecture because she told them it isn't her responsibility to call for help, it's mine. I live 20 minutes away. I'm looking for options as quickly as possible.

Dreadful predictions and possibilities; a future reality.

Risks to food security:
Virus will probably bring social unrest,
Risks to food production, distribution, food security.

STIs and COVID-19, if someone already has an infection the disease, COVID-19 is more severe

He speaks the truth. I have been hearing horrible stuff coming out of Latin America. And, there is no systemic collection of data in these countries; they only notice when it gets horrible when the privileged are inconvenienced b/c the dead are everywhere. (Sad but true).

Trigger warning: Some pictures may be upsetting.

Links -- Ecuador - tropical city of Guayaquil
Ecuador's coronavirus nightmare in pictures

Link to the Amazonian city of Manaus in Brazil
Virus Surge in Brazil Brings Coffin Shortage, Morgue Chaos

The problem Dr. Campbell mentioned, people in over-crowded slums must choose between feeding families and infecting them.
Lockdowns leave poor Latin Americans with impossible choice: stay home or feed families

Across Latin America and the Caribbean – where an estimated 113 million people live in low-income barrios, favelas or villas – families are struggling to adapt to coronavirus lockdowns or social isolation orders because of more immediate financial imperatives.

“People are more worried about being able to feed their families than they are about the coronavirus,” said Pérez, one of more than three million people who live in Argentina’s densely populated villas.

In Colombia’s capital, Bogotá, residents of deprived neighborhoods have tied red rags to their windows to signal that those inside are going hungry. Riot police last week clashed with residents in Ciudad Bolívar, a sprawling mountainside neighborhood, who were demanding food supplies promised by the president, Iván Duque.

Love this! All smiles and happy images. :)

Very good information. He's getting real technical now and building on what he's said before. I'm missing understanding it all, but at least I get the overall gist. Thank goodness for Dr. Hansen doing that one chart as it helped me understand more of what Dr. Seheult was/is talking about.

Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors)

ETA: I keep seeing information about free radicals with oxidative stress. Isn't that why a lot of people take vitamin E? I haven't seen him or anyone speak to such.

Last edited:
Help. I'm groggy and my brain isn't working. A friend has just told me "the death count is 37K, revised down from 64K". I cannot make sense of the tables.

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

Two different sources... one is daily from hospitals and the health departments etc. (WHO and Johns Hopkins etc.) and the other source is from the lagging indicator of from death certificates... which takes weeks longer. Also, don't just look at 37,308 coded for COVID, add to that the number for those 16,564 that were coded COVID/pneumonia.

I'm seeing lots of naysayers to the numbers on facebook quoting the same thing. They say it's a conspiracy theory and use the link you have above to "prove" their point.

Go with JH and the sources we have been using

MOO

Last edited:
More than 40 people were reportedly killed after rioting broke out at a prison in Venezuela.

Inmates at Los Llanos jail, near western Guanare city, were angry at a lack of food and water, according to the Venezuelan Prison Observatory.

Venezuela prison riot leaves more than 40 dead

This headline caught my eye. According to the article, prisoners have gotten food from visitors in the past. With the CV shutdown, no visitors = not enough food. Jmo

Two different sources... one is daily from hospitals and the health departments etc. (WHO and Johns Hopkins etc.) and the other source is from the lagging indicator of from death certificates... which takes weeks longer. Also, don't just look at coded for COVID, add to that the number for those that were coded COVID/pneumonia.

I'm seeing lots of naysayers to the numbers on facebook quoting the same thing. They say it's a conspiracy theory and use the link you have above to "prove" their point.

Go with JH and the sources we have been using

MOO

Thank you. I just went blank and I know better!

Help. I'm groggy and my brain isn't working. A friend has just told me "the death count is 37K, revised down from 64K". I cannot make sense of the tables.

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

I'm not sure what your friend means, unless your friend is just looking at the provisional death count. That's based on only the number of death certificates that have been registered. That number lags by a couple of weeks.

Kansas City, Missouri now requires churches to maintain lists of attendees (there can only be 10 percent capacity in attendees at any given time) and to turn them over to government agencies if requested for contact tracing:

KCMO Reopens FAQ | KCMO.gov - City of Kansas City, MO

There are somethings that one simply does not require in the United States- even if there is a pandemic. This is one of them.

In short, one does not fight Covid by becoming Covid. Hopefully, the Federal Government takes action soon. If anything, dimwitted actions like this just fuel conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Kansas City, Missouri now requires churches to maintain lists of attendees (there can only be 10 attendees at any given time) and to turn them over to government agencies if requested for contact tracing:

There are somethings that one simply does not require in the United States- even if there is a pandemic. This is one of them.

In short, one does not fight Covid by becoming Covid. Hopefully, the Federal Government takes action soon. If anything, dimwitted actions like this just fuel conspiracy theories.

From the article, it seems that churches aren't singled out for this practice, but that all groups that meet for more than 10 minutes have to keep a record of who was there.

"Most non-essential business operations that are open to the public (such as non-essential retail stores and personal care services) can resume in-person operations provided business operators follow the “10/10/10 rule.” The 10/10/10 rule specifies that these businesses must limit the number of individuals on-site (inclusive of employees and customers) to no more than 10 percent of building occupancy or 10 people (whichever is larger), and record the names, contact information, and approximate entry/exit time of all customers who are on premises for more than 10 minutes.
In-person religious gatherings (including weddings and funerals) may resume, subject to the 10/10/10 rule (if held inside) or limited to 50 people outside, provided social distancing precautions are followed and event organizers maintain records of all attendees."

Kansas City, Missouri now requires churches to maintain lists of attendees (there can only be 10 attendees at any given time) and to turn them over to government agencies if requested for contact tracing:

This is legal under the State of Missouri and Federal law ??????......moo

From the article, it seems that churches aren't singled out for this practice, but that all groups that meet for more than 10 minutes have to keep a record of who was there.
Yes, you are correct, churches are not singled out. That does not change that they are required to maintain lists of attendees (even at t 10 percent capacity- a reasonable restriction).

There are somethings that one just does not do in the United States. Making houses of worship provide lists of attendees for the state is one of them. It does not matter if there is a covid pandemic or not.

This is legal under the State of Missouri and Federal law ??????......moo
I doubt it. Missouri Courts are not California courts. Likewise, my bet is that Federal judges in Missouri and their federal circuit are not gong to like whatever legal "logic" the city offers up.

What boggles my mind is why this action was even initiated in the first place. From a practical point of view, the governor is probably inclined to over ride it imemdiately. Then factor in that the Trump administration has said that hey they will take quick action in cases like this- no doubt accompanied by election sound bites,

Then again, perhaps any possible Trump election sound bites are warranted. There are just some things that are not done in free societies- even with covid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member