MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

This goes back to what I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Just my opinion, but I believe that the silence means that the family and LE ‘know’ what happened to Abbie.
Otherwise, there would be desperate pleas from the family for help and from LE for tips.
Again, JMHO, but that is how I would imagine I would react if were my family member.
But people all deal with grief and crisis differently.
Cheryl Coker's family NEVER spoke out, nor did they beg online or in front of the camera for people to help search. That's just one example of many cases where family does not talk in front of the media or online. So, I don't use that as a guide in a missing person's case.

We have heard that she had cookies out and dough rising for pizzas that evening. So, no hot food left out and her oven was not on, per the Chief's update this morning.

Her son attends college and does not live in the home. MOO
Silly question- does anyone know what kind of dog she had?

I just find it strange she left cookies out and pizza dough rising on the counters with a dog. Maybe it's just my impish old crew of dogs, but those little buggers would have eaten everything on the counter and left me the bowl, licked clean, lol. I even had a Yorkie who somehow jumped up on the table (no chairs by this table) and knocked a hot cheesecake that just came out of the oven. I came out of another room and found the bugger literally chowing on a hot cheesecake.

Not sure if this is significant or not, but just wondering about the size of the dog and how the dog was acting when the guests arrived.

Silly question- does anyone know what kind of dog she had?

I just find it strange she left cookies out and pizza dough rising on the counters with a dog. Maybe it's just my impish old crew of dogs, but those little buggers would have eaten everything on the counter and left me the bowl, licked clean, lol. I even had a Yorkie who somehow jumped up on the table (no chairs by this table) and knocked a hot cheesecake that just came out of the oven. I came out of another room and found the bugger literally chowing on a hot cheesecake.

Not sure if this is significant or not, but just wondering about the size of the dog and how the dog was acting when the guests arrived.
Not silly at IMO. Great question/thoughts.

Cheryl Coker's family NEVER spoke out, nor did they beg online or in front of the camera for people to help search. That's just one example of many cases where family does not talk in front of the media or online. So, I don't use that as a guide in a missing person's case.
I did say that it was my personal opinion and added that everyone grieves differently; acknowledging that just because the family has not spoken out (I never said they should be begging) doesn’t prove anything. But I do believe that LE would be actively seeking information if there was an ongoing investigation. I still believe...and, again, it’s my personal opinion...that they have an idea of what happened to this poor lady.

Thank you. Just trying to explore other thoughts and avenues. This case really saddens me, like Sandra Crispo's. These women just vanished without a trace. It's so heartbreaking.
My guess is that Sandra's disappearànce was a crime and that Abbie's was not but I hope they are found either way so that a determination can be made, giving some closure to the families.

My guess is that Sandra's disappearànce was a crime and that Abbie's was not but I hope they are found either way so that a determination can be made, giving some closure to the families.
I think Abbie's is also a crime. <modsnip>

I just wonder if she heard a car pull up or a knock on the door, thinking it was a guest arriving early and she perhaps either went willingly to the person's car (someone she knew, went for an innocent ride in her mind?) or perhaps someone had her a gun point and made threats. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

I just wonder if she heard a car pull up or a knock on the door, thinking it was a guest arriving early and she perhaps either went willingly to the person's car (someone she knew, went for an innocent ride in her mind?) or perhaps someone had her a gun point and made threats. <modsnip>

THIS

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this the same person they checked out and said he checked out okay? Or was that another individual?

The episode about Abbie starts at about the 5:05 mark.
As usual John does an excellent job covering Abbie's disappearance.
However no new information to report.
The only thing he brings up that we have NOT discussed at length imo, is aggressive coyotes. But Abbie was not tiny child-size, so I don’t see a pack attacking her. I guess some locals had some concerns about the possibility.

Is this the same person they checked out and said he checked out okay? Or was that another individual?
Not sure I ever heard of them checking anyone out, but IMO they need to be checking out the suspect in the attempted abduction of the older woman on the beach in that area around the time Abbie went missing. I am still in shock that no-one is doing this. Blown away. MOO

I don't think we will hear anything else until Abby (or unfortunately, her body) is found. And if she is alive, we many not hear anything. I imagine there's only so much searching that can be done.....

Absolutely possible.

Hoping and praying she is found soon.

JMVHO.

Just recently rewatched the interview with Chief Conley Good Morning Gloucester from shortly after Abbies disappearance and he spoke about all the resources and searches used to find Abbie which was very thorough in my opinion, but what I found interesting was when they were discussing her home and the fact she had pizza dough rising and cookies and appeared as she was indeed preparing for the party/gathering and that she left her phone and has a dog etc etc he had no problem answering those questions but when he was asked if her door was open he said he wasn't going to get into that. I find that odd. just my opinion.

Hope she is found soon.

OT or maybe not, I saw this was also posted on a thread for another missing Massachusetts woman Sandra Crispo
This area is about an hour away from Gloucester

Woman’s remains found in a wooded swamp in West Roxbury

I have been following this sad case from day one. The one big question I have is this (and I can't seem to find an answer) Did ANY of the search dogs pick up Abbie's scent at ANY time? Apparently they brought out 20 search dogs and there has been no mention of picking up her scent. If not one dog tracked her, it sounds to me like she was abducted at her front door and forced into a vehicle. Maybe someone who has knowledge about search dogs and their abilities, etc. could chime in. I love dogs and very much respect search & rescue dogs - but find it odd that they didn't track her into the woods, or didn't track her to the breakwater edge, or into town, etc. or maybe they did and aren't disclosing any information re: the search dogs. Truly perplexing case.

The comment about the door being open/unlocked has my interest. If I were expecting guests I would take my phone in case someone called. And even if it's a safe neighborhood, would you go for a walk and leave your home unlocked with your purse, expensive cameras, cell phone and who knows what else of value? I sure wouldn't.

Just recently rewatched the interview with Chief Conley Good Morning Gloucester from shortly after Abbies disappearance and he spoke about all the resources and searches used to find Abbie which was very thorough in my opinion, but what I found interesting was when they were discussing her home and the fact she had pizza dough rising and cookies and appeared as she was indeed preparing for the party/gathering and that she left her phone and has a dog etc etc he had no problem answering those questions but when he was asked if her door was open he said he wasn't going to get into that. I find that odd. just my opinion.

Hope she is found soon.

OT or maybe not, I saw this was also posted on a thread for another missing Massachusetts woman Sandra Crispo
This area is about an hour away from Gloucester

Woman’s remains found in a wooded swamp in West Roxbury
Update
Body found in Boston identified as woman who went missing in January

Sad for her and her family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads