Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't that be "persons of interest?"
You don't think he is involved alone, do you?
Anyone who may have information or knowledge about a crime is a person of interest.

So her family and boyfriend would all be POI's because police would be interested in talking to them to find out what they know.

In some cases they turn out to be suspects and sometimes they are witnesses or can give LE valuable information.

Maybe LE are still following through on leads and interviewing POI's in order to finish putting the final pieces together.

Hopefully they were able to get more details from MB's mom after she was arrested again.

Imo

Friday, May 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (via video) (@ 9am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 26, 2019, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d 3/11/20). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 3/2/20 reference post #682 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

3/9/20 Update: She had originally been scheduled to appear on May 8 for arraignment. Judge finds Megan is indigent & Brad Sproles was officially appointed as her attorney. State confirms a public indictment has not been issued for the charge yet. A TBI special agent Brian Fraley testified in court, saying several false statements were made by Megan Boswell which cost investigators time during the investigation. Special Agent Fraley testified that MB did make inculpatory statements during interviews. Judge increases bond to $150K. Megan’s case is expected to be bound over to a grand jury in April. District Attorney Barry Staubus said he expects that by that time she will face additional charges. Arraignment hearing on 5/8/20.
4/27/20 Update: As of 4/27/20 investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy & toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal.
Associated cases:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) – Possession of stolen vehicle & violation of probation. Probation: hearing on 5/14. Stolen car: hearing on 6/9. Walmart theft: hearing on 5/14. Aggravated burglary & theft: hearing on 5/14.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) – Shoplifting charge: hearing on 6/8. Possession of stolen vehicle: hearing on 6/9.
*Larry Chad Fields (37) – Aggravated burglary & theft: hearing on 5/18.

Here we go again.....missing for "approximately" 2 months. Prayers that this poor baby is ok. Father is in the military and stationed in Louisiana per the article.
SCSO asking for help in searching for missing toddler that hasn’t been seen in ‘approximately two months’

Media/Timeline thread (NO discussion)

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
This the link for the live stream court appearance today

Just finished watching the hearing. I was not impressed. I will leave it at that. Bond review set for May 28th, and not sooner because the request is still in draft, and the defense lawyer wishes to tweek it a bit. Prosecutor requested Grand Jury indictment in June, moved forward from May 20th. Apparently the case could not be presented because the recorded conversations are 25 hrs, and still not fully reviewed, as well as other documentation. Citing the voluminous amount of evidence to review, it has not been completed by the prosecution. MB was very quiet and somber, aside from the eye roll I caught as she thanked the judge and was taken back into holding. There is information that will be discussed in chambers which is under a protective seal, and will not be public.

I'm so frustrated with the slow progression of this case. :(

Apparently the case could not be presented because the recorded conversations are 25 hrs, and still not fully reviewed, as well as other documentation. Citing the voluminous amount of evidence to review,

just seems plain as day to me that MB is the person of interest, and it looks like they have the information they need its why they said " they hadn't interviewed MB since the first time"

and they said today she will be indited on what charges i don't know but its obviously to do with Evelyn's death

Just finished watching the hearing. I was not impressed. I will leave it at that. Bond review set for May 28th, and not sooner because the request is still in draft, and the defense lawyer wishes to tweek it a bit. Prosecutor requested Grand Jury indictment in June, moved forward from May 20th. Apparently the case could not be presented because the recorded conversations are 25 hrs, and still not fully reviewed, as well as other documentation. Citing the voluminous amount of evidence to review, it has not been completed by the prosecution. MB was very quiet and somber, aside from the eye roll I caught as she thanked the judge and was taken back into holding. There is information that will be discussed in chambers which is under a protective seal, and will not be public.

They say that they have a POI but who ?

just seems plain as day to me that MB is the person of interest, and it looks like they have the information they need its why they said " they hadn't interviewed MB since the first time"

and they said today she will be indited on what charges i don't know but its obviously to do with Evelyn's death
I think MB has been the only POI in Evelyn's death and I agree the charges will likely be related to her death and hiding her body.

It is frustrating that its slow progress but I would rather them get it right before they present a case than rush and it end with MB walking away like Casey did.

They say that they have a POI but who ?
She is currently being held on charges of false reporting. There are no other charges at this time. This is why I'm a bit paused in this whole thing. I'm guessing that there may be "pending" charges, and that is why feet are dragging on the current charges. Perhaps that is why there will be discovery taken up in chambers concerning the other part of this story. It may be the POI will be addressed, but will remain under protective order; sealed.

She is currently being held on charges of false reporting. There are no other charges at this time. This is why I'm a bit paused in this whole thing. I'm guessing that there may be "pending" charges, and that is why feet are dragging on the current charges. Perhaps that is why there will be discovery taken up in chambers concerning the other part of this story. It may be the POI will be addressed, but will remain under protective order; sealed.

the headline right now says she is expected to be indicted and charged by the end of the month

this is interesting below

Megan Boswell appeared before a judge via video conference Friday morning.

Lawyers reviewing the case said they needed more time to review interviews with Megan Bowell before submitting the case to a Grand Jury.

State prosecutor Teresa Nelson said there are more than 25 hours of video interviews of Boswell to review before the case can be submitted.

Nelson said she aims to get an indictment handed down for Boswell by May 20.

The Sheriff's Office said they have identified multiple persons of interest in the investigation of Evelyn Boswell's death over the past several weeks.

Megan Boswell expected to be indicted in May

Lawyers reviewing the case said they needed more time to review interviews with Megan Bowell before submitting the case to a Grand Jury.

State prosecutor Teresa Nelson said there are more than 25 hours of video interviews of Boswell to review before the case can be submitted.

The Sheriff's Office said they have identified multiple persons of interest in the investigation of Evelyn Boswell's death over the past several weeks.

I wonder if MB had help moving Evelyn or others knew and didn't say anything. So many possibilities but I'm not changing my opinion that MB is responsible.

I wonder if MB had help moving Evelyn or others knew and didn't say anything. So many possibilities but I'm not changing my opinion that MB is responsible.

oh yeah i'd say numero uno is MB

but the associated charges with whoever else, that will be very interesting as well to see exactly who was involved in this and possibly who was telling porkies the whole time

Ohhhh, okay. I misunderstood and had to review the hearing. Nelson is expecting to indict by May 20th, and the June 19th is an arraignment date set in the event there isn't an indictment? Am I understanding that correctly? (I really have to bone up on how court proceedings work. LOL )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni