FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Atlee Land Trust Agreement, dtd Dec 19, 2002.
@PatLaurel Not so much tedious detail here. :cool:From CaroleLewisNotary.pdf

Briefly, per FL law,a notary is prohibited from
--- notarizing signatures on a doc signed by notary's father.* Although no indication on deed of father-daughter relationship (if true), her sig as notary here
seems to be a prohibited act imo.
------ notarizing a doc in which notary has financial interest in the underlying transaction
Did she have a financial interest in the trust? Was she a beneficiary of tr? IDK.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 1.
"Prepared by Carole Lewis"
Indenture made June 1, 2004, between
Vernon S, Tr'ee of Altee LTA (PO Box in Tampa) and
Mark K. of Pasco County
Quit Claim Deed,for consideration, Vernon quit claims interest to Mark, legal description of land, blah blah, blah.

Vernon S., sig as Tr'ee of Atlee LT (as tranferor)
sig & handprinted name of Carole L. (as witness)
sig & handprinted name of Mary S. (as witness)
Bears June 21, 2004 bar code receipt of Pasco County Clerk's ofc, w book & page numbers.
Page 2.
Jurat block: Vernon S. appeared before her, produced FL DL as ID, and acknowledged his sig.
Sig of Carole, as Notary certifying Vernon's sig. Also her notary stamp.

* § 117.107 "A notary public may not notarize a signature on a document if the person whose signature is to be notarized is the spouse, son, daughter, mother, or father of the notary public."

Last edited:
"Notice of Commencement" of Improvement to Real Prop, filed/recorded Ap 13, 2000
And @PatLaurel, the last of your 3 links. C.LewisNOTARY.WILDLIFE ON EASY STREET INC - MURDOCK JAMIE.pdf

Briefly, per FL law, a notary is prohibited from:
--- notarizing signatures on a doc signed by notary's daughter * Although no indication on deed of mother-daughter relationship (if true), her sig as notary here seems to be a prohibited act imo.
------ notarizing a doc in which notary has financial interest in the underlying transaction. It was for an improvement (a barn) on Easy St. Did she have financial interest in prop? If so, may/seems to be prohibited act.

W/out more info, I'm puzzled about why dau (if true) would sign this doc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Handwritten date is April 10, 2000.
JVM (<---apparently) signed to give notice to county of commencement of improvement.
Sig of Carole, as Notary certifying JVM's sig. Also her notary stamp.

* § 117.107 "A notary public may not notarize a signature on a document if the person whose signature is to be notarized is the spouse, son, daughter, mother, or father of the notary public."

I don't know if this is against TOS but I was asked to invite WS'ers to ALSO join the FB group Don Lewis Cold Case Files.

Both sites have collected a vast amount of information. I have been a member of WS for many years so I hope this invitation isn't taken the wrong way. I'm just passing along a message.

That article seems thoroughly researched from many players/ facets of this case. Also closer to the time of Don’s disappearance- fresher interviews imo.

Very intrigued by the LazyDays property connection. Remember when Jay Baykal’s RO stated “she told me human bones were found near lazy days RV center... hopes it's not on her property or she will be in deep s**t'“? This article references ownership of property in that area & the real estate transaction with LazyDays. Also references Don’s corporation in CR. Perhaps his holdings were owned by the corp- not his aliases?

FROM THE LINK (<10%):
Lewis sold an option on a piece of land at 11509 Sligh Ave. in Seffner to Ryan for $50,600. Ryan in turn agreed to sell the land to Lazy Days for $131,000. Carole Lewis says that Ryan later decided he wanted to ask more but couldn’t because he had already signed an agreement with Lazy Days. To get around it, he asked Don Lewis to claim his option void, which would mean he didn’t own the property and thus could not sell it, she said.

Ryan, however, argues in his lawsuit against Lewis’ estate that the greedy guy was Lewis. Lewis ultimately let Ryan out of the option, but sold the property to a Costa Rican company, Corporación Witco, which Lewis owned. Ryan claims in his lawsuit against Lewis that that company in turn sold it to Lazy Days for $225,000.

Ryan... claims Lewis promised to give him everything over the original $50,000 sales price and has a letter from Lewis’ to prove it. Lazy Days is still suing Ryan for damages and legal costs...

Reposting Link:
Mystery still surrounds the disappearance of Don Lewis from Tampa’s Big Cat Rescue

And:
Carole Baskin tried to evict boyfriend two days before he filed a restraining order against her | Daily Mail Online

She believes they killed Don on some land he owned they referred to as "The Lake Property". 172 acres with an alligator infested lake.
RSBM:
Don’s 172 acre lake retreat is now developed as Darby Lake Estates, near the Seffner Lazy Days RV property. Looks like they owned quite a bit of land both sides of I-4.

Current Speculation: CB shoots (maybe tranquilizes) JDL. KF & MG take the body/man & Easy Street industrial meat grinder to Darby Lake. Body is fed to alligators. KF removes Don’s guns & sells meat grinder at auction. CB & KF take van to airport. Mexico Mike disappears never to be seen again. KF, formerly normal man, installs video & phone surveillance & becomes a paranoid, convicted wife beater, who points guns at his children, since divorced.

Investigation Podcasts 1&2:
9: "What Happened to Don Lewis?" | Real Life Real Crime

11: "What Happened To Don Lewis?" Part 2 | Real Life Real Crime

If the killers really used a meat grinder at an alligator infested lake, I’m not sure how a recovery would ever occur. Even if there were bone fragments, dna would be nearly impossible to confirm after 23 years. I’m thinking best bet could be trace on the grinder- if LE could luck into the auction records & owner after all these years. Or if LE could locate Mexico Mike & get either him or KF to confess for full immunity. Maybe convict 2 of the 3. Jmo & speculation.

I now picture residents of Lake Darby taking their boats out this summer with gold panning tins attached to long bamboo poles panning for bone this summer. I mean no disrespect- I just think all but 3 people in the whole country want Don found right now. Although I think this case has such overwhelming evidence via court docs relating to perjury, forgery, restraining orders, real estate transfers to maintenance men, as well as witness testimony of wives, volunteers, secretaries & kids that I don’t believe a body is needed for conviction. JMVHO, MOO, etc.

Last edited:
If the killers really used a meat grinder at an alligator infested lake, I’m not sure how a recovery would ever occur. Even if there were bone fragments, dna would be nearly impossible to confirm after 23 years. I’m thinking best bet could be trace on the grinder- if LE could luck into the auction records & owner after all these years. Or if LE could locate Mexico Mike & get either him or KF to confess for full immunity. Maybe convict 2 of the 3. Jmo & speculation.

SBM BBM

Isn't Mexican Mike the same as Mike Garcia, who was sentenced to 20 years for murder for hire?

Lithia man sentenced in 2007 murder-for-hire

JMO MOO

SBM BBM

Isn't Mexican Mike the same as Mike Garcia, who was sentenced to 20 years for murder for hire?

Lithia man sentenced in 2007 murder-for-hire

JMO MOO
OH HOLY MOLY. Ok. Add that to the list of OVERWHELMING evidence- if admissible? I did not know about his arrest, just was responding to Kenny’s ex-wife Trisha, who stated that she never saw “Mexico Mike” again after the day he picked up KF (who later returned alone with the 50+ guns).

From your link:
“Middleman... Garcia agreed upon a price of $60,000 for the murder.”

ETA:
Garcia got 20 years in 2013. The only reason he didn’t get life was because he testified for prosecution. He knows the game. Which means he might be the best bet to flip on this case. With good behavior credit (if he has any) he won’t want to add Don’s murder to his years in. Really perfect timing to push! Imo.
Man gets 20 years for murder-for-hire plot

I wonder if they recovered the gun & if it was one of Don’s? Don prob hadn’t registered them- but might be someone who could ID it as one of his? You never know.

Last edited:
OH HOLY MOLY. Ok. Add that to the list of OVERWHELMING evidence- if admissible? I did not know about his arrest, just was responding to Kenny’s ex-wife Trisha, who stated that she never saw “Mexico Mike” again after the day he picked up KF (who later returned alone with the 50+ guns).

From your link:
“Middleman... Garcia agreed upon a price of $60,000 for the murder.”

ETA:
Garcia got 20 years in 2013. The only reason he didn’t get life was because he testified for prosecution. He knows the game. Which means he might be the best bet to flip on this case. With good behavior credit (if he has any) he won’t want to add Don’s murder to his years in. Really perfect timing to push! Imo.

Mike is a very common name, so is Garcia in Spanish speaking countries.
I was just speculating... Not saying Mike Garcia is the same as Mexican Mike. But... what a coincidence?!

MOO

Huh. Looks like MG’s wife turned him in. I wonder how long she’s been with him & if she knows anything that links him to Don‘s death. Like old bank records. Or guns or personal effects. Or property.

“Detective Thomas Pettis received a telephone call from Lana Garcia, the wife of Michael Garcia, who said her husband had been paid $5,000 to kill Thomas Sehorne.”
4 Convicted in Lithia Murder-for-Hire Scheme Following 5-Year Investigation

Mike is a very common name, so is Garcia in Spanish speaking countries.
I was just speculating... Not saying Mike Garcia is the same as Mexican Mike. But... what a coincidence?!

MOO
Same first name. Same last name. Same state. Same part of Florida. In Hillsborough County. Same crime. Organized by a woman to off her husband. 10 years later. Indeed what are the odds?!

FL Gun Laws? Evidence/Records of JDL's Gun Ownership?
.... Kenny’s ex-wife Trisha, who stated that she never saw “Mexico Mike” again after the day he picked up KF (who later returned alone with the 50+ guns)....
I wonder if they recovered the gun & if it was one of Don’s? Don prob hadn’t registered them- but might be someone who could ID it as one of his?....
@JudgeJoe :) sbm bbm Not saying current FL gun laws have been unchanged from time in question but if the same, well, imo, unlikely JDL or other owners registered them in FL, unilkely that State of FL has records tying JDL to any specific gun.
FL stat's Chap 790*---

--- State permit required to purchase?
--- Firearm registration?

--- Owner license required?
--- Background checks required for private sales?
In FL currently, ^ long guns & handguns, ^ no, no, no, and no. At time JDL acquired those guns, maybe, but IDK.

Other possible sources of records of JDL's ownership of guns?
--- Hillsborough County? ** Pre-purchase crim background check forms. Maybe?
--- ATF Firearms Transaction Record 4473,*** firearms dealer's NICBC (background check) **** of an individual wishing to buying a gun. Basically, IIRC, Fed Firearms Licensed dealers must keep these background check forms/info for 20 yrs. IIRC, background ck system required by the 'Brady Bill'***** was fully implemented in 1998, but operating partially (in some states?) before then. If JDL bought guns from FFL dealers prior to that, his purchases may or may not have completed been run thru NICS.
--- JDL's property/
homeowner's insurance materials, e.g., a rider w inventory listing his guns manu's, serial no's, calibers/gauges, etc. (imo doubtful these papers still exist. Possibly w ins carrier records?).
--- Or ???

@JudgeJoe, as you posted, subsequent owners of the gun may have documentation on this. Otherwise, i
nvestigators would have to search ao_O lot o
f enorrrrrmous haystacks to locate any of these ^ teeeeensy-tiny needles o_O, which may no longer exist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gun laws in Florida - Wikipedia
** As state law on waiting periods and background checks do not apply to sales by non-licensed sellers, the Florida Constitution, Art VIII Sec. 5(b), permits counties to enact ordinances that require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period for non-licensed sellers when any part of a firearm sale is conducted on property to which the public has the "right of access",[28] such as at a gun show conducted on public property. These local option ordinances may not be applied to holders of a concealed weapons license.[4] Only Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, and Volusia counties had enacted such ordinances.[29]" ^ From above wiki link.
*** https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4...n-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

**** National Instant Criminal Background Check System - Wikipedia

Form 4473 is Federal Firearms Licensed dealers background check re individual wishing to buying a gun.
Dealers are required to maintain completed 4473 forms for 20 years for completed sales, and for 5 years where the sale was disapproved as a result of the NICS check. The dealer also records all information from Form 4473 into a required "bound-book" called an "Acquisition and Disposition Log. A dealer must keep this on file at least 20 years, and is required to surrender the log to the ATF upon retirement from the firearms business.

***** Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia National Instant Criminal Background System.

Last edited:
FL Gun Laws? Evidence/Records of JDL's Gun Ownership?
@JudgeJoe :) sbm bbm Not saying current FL gun laws have been
unchanged from time in question but if the same, well, imo, unlikely JDL or other owners registered them in FL, unilkely that State of FL has records tying JDL to any specific gun.
FL stat's Chap 790*---

--- State permit required to purchase?
--- Firearm registration?

--- Owner license required?
--- Background checks required for private sales?
In FL currently, ^ long guns & handguns, ^ no, no, no, and no. At time JDL acquired those guns, maybe, but IDK.

Other possible sources of records of JDL's ownership of guns?
--- Hillsborough County? Pre-purchase crim background check forms. **
--- ATF Firearms Transaction Record 4473,*** firearms dealer's background check ****of an individual wishing to buying a gun. Basically, IIUC, Fed Firearms Licensed dealers must keep these background check forms/info for 20 yrs. IIRC, background ck system required by the 'Brady Bill'***** was fully implemented in 1998, but operating partially (in some states?) before then. If JDL bought guns from FFL dealers prior to that, his purchases may or may not have completed been run thru the NICS.
--- JDL's property/
homeowner's insurance materials, e.g., a rider w inventory listing his guns manu's, serial no's, calibers/gauges, etc. (if these papers still exist, doubtful imo. Possibly w ins carrier records?).
--- Or ???

@JudgeJoe, as you posted, subsequent owners of the gun may have documentation on this. Otherwise, i
nvestigators would have to search a lot o
f enorrrrrmous haystacks to locate any of these ^ teeeeensy-tiny needles, which may no longer exist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gun laws in Florida - Wikipedia
** As state law on waiting periods and background checks do not apply to sales by non-licensed sellers, the Florida Constitution, Art VIII Sec. 5(b), permits counties to enact ordinances that require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period for non-licensed sellers when any part of a firearm sale is conducted on property to which the public has the "right of access",[28] such as at a gun show conducted on public property. These local option ordinances may not be applied to holders of a concealed weapons license.[4] Only Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, and Volusia counties had enacted such ordinances.[29]" ^ From above wiki link.
*** https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4...n-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

**** National Instant Criminal Background Check System - Wikipedia

Form 4473 is Federal Firearms Licensed dealers background check re individual wishing to buying a gun.
Dealers are required to maintain completed 4473 forms for 20 years for completed sales, and for 5 years where the sale was disapproved as a result of the NICS check. The dealer also records all information from Form 4473 into a required "bound-book" called an "Acquisition and Disposition Log. A dealer must keep this on file at least 20 years, and is required to surrender the log to the ATF upon retirement from the firearms business.

***** Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia National Instant Criminal Background System.
Yeah- I figured not. But I was thinking more along the rarity of his collection. Like the antique walking cane shotgun. Unlikely someone would use the ol’ cloak & dagger equipment... But if there were an ivory handle or custom iron etching- something unique that friends admired or remembered, perhaps could be tied to Don’s stolen collection. Normally I’d categorize this idea as too coo-coo to bother mentioning. But if there’s ANY case where such an unlikely scenario could occur, I believe it would be this one! Lol & jmo.

Yeah- I figured not. But I was thinking more along the rarity of his collection. Like the antique walking cane shotgun. Unlikely someone would use the ol’ cloak & dagger equipment... But if there were an ivory handle or custom iron etching- something unique that friends admired or remembered, perhaps could be tied to Don’s stolen collection. Normally I’d categorize this idea as too coo-coo to bother mentioning. But if there’s ANY case where such an unlikely scenario could occur, I believe it would be this one! Lol & jmo.
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]@JudgeJoe[/SIZE][/FONT] Yep, you're right, I had not thought about guns w such distinctive features, but possible.
Enoooormous haystacks.

Mike Garcia was also featured in an episode of Reelz Channel - Sex, Lies and Murder: Swinger's Club Hitman. (Courtesy of FB group)

They mention that Garcia gave his cousin, Louis Lopez, nicknamed "Proof" an 80 year old revolver to use for the hit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back