GUILTY PORTUGAL - Valentina Fonseca, 9, found deceased, Peniche, 7 May 2020 *father, stepmother arrested*

This innocent child didn't leave the house alive imo.

How many times have we seen similar circumstances and the child turns up safe? How many does it turn out the child died in the home and was moved?

I'm certain LE is focused on the father/stepmom.

Imo

Its a little disconcerting as well that the family is all together spending time at the home she was last seen... has it been searched thoroughly and forensically already?
@Lusitana do you gather any sort of implication or insinuation in any of the wording that the media has slanted understanding towards domestic, abduction, or runaway?

It is very odd that a child’s T-shirt and a ladies jacket were found in a wasteland and were clean. It is as if someone put them there. Then they are going on the parents word that it doesn’t belong to their child. I think someone put those clothes there to call attention away from where the girl really is. I would look in the opposite direction.

Its a little disconcerting as well that the family is all together spending time at the home she was last seen... has it been searched thoroughly and forensically already?
@Lusitana do you gather any sort of implication or insinuation in any of the wording that the media has slanted understanding towards domestic, abduction, or runaway?
As far as I know, the mom is not living at the home or anyhing, I think she goes there daily because there's LE everywhere and probably wants to be near the place the searches are happening just in case. I'm 100% sure that the house was searched, I posted some pictures of LE searching the home.
Well, it appears that the dogs couldn't find a trace of the child in the area. There has been discussion about how "strange" the story is and several people are commenting on it, former LE people, child psychologists and other people and the common opinion seems to be that the story doesn't make sense.
It is very odd that a child’s T-shirt and a ladies jacket were found in a wasteland and were clean. It is as if someone put them there. Then they are going on the parents word that it doesn’t belong to their child. I think someone put those clothes there to call attention away from where the girl really is. I would look in the opposite direction.
It rained today. The fact that the clothes were clean on that spot is VERY strange. And the fact that another jacket was found later today is also weird.

9-year-old Valentina was murdered. Body found near home in Peniche

Valentina, the 9-year-old little girl who went missing on thursday in Peniche, was found dead on sunday morning, May 10. Two suspects have been arrested.

9-year-old child missing in Peniche was found dead. Father and stepmother arrested

Law Enforcement communicated in a statement that the body of Valentina Fonseca, the 9-year-old little girl who disappeared from her father's house last thursday in Atouguia da Baleia (Peniche), was found.
Two people were arrested, and are suspects of being involved in the child's death. Law Enforcement will hold a press conference today at 4 PM. Observador was able to confirm that Valentina's father and stepmother were the two people arrested.

Nine-year-old girl missing in Peniche found dead. Father and stepmother arrested!

The child's body, which was somewhat hidden, was found a few kilometers away from the house.

9-year-old Valentina was murdered. Body found near home in Peniche

Valentina, the 9-year-old little girl who went missing on thursday in Peniche, was found dead on sunday morning, May 10. Two suspects have been arrested.

9-year-old child missing in Peniche was found dead. Father and stepmother arrested

Law Enforcement communicated in a statement that the body of Valentina Fonseca, the 9-year-old little girl who disappeared from her father's house last thursday in Atouguia da Baleia (Peniche), was found.
Two people were arrested, and are suspects of being involved in the child's death. Law Enforcement will hold a press conference today at 4 PM. Observador was able to confirm that Valentina's father and stepmother were the two people arrested.

Nine-year-old girl missing in Peniche found dead. Father and stepmother arrested!

The child's body, which was somewhat hidden, was found a few kilometers away from the house.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated @Lusitana! Much appreciated!

What a terrible outcome, but can't say I am surprised.

RIP Valentina! You deserved so much better! My thoughts are with bio mom, whose life is forever changed.

RIP Angel!

The father: Sandro Bernardo
The stepmother: Marcia Bernardo

1625512_1496487783911073_832525565_n.jpg

do you know any more details @Lusitana ? thanks again for your updates! i'd love to hear what's going on with this right now.

rip valentina. you deserved better.

Yes. I'm still waiting for the press conference, LE is going to talk in about an hour. A lot of information about the crime is being leaked to the media.
Valentina, 9, was killed thursday morning and the body was found this sunday 6 kilometers away from her father's home in Peniche. The father, who remained calm and visited the nearby café during the searches, is suspected of suffocating and burying his daughter with the help of the his wife, the child's stepmother.
The father and the stepmother were getting ready to leave the country soon. He had secured a job in Belgium before the crime. At least 3 other children lived at the home: stepmother's 12-year-old son from a previous relationship, and two toddlers, 4 and 2 years-old. No mention of the boy being in the home at the time of the crime, reports mention the babies didn't realize what happened.
The reports mention the father confessing this morning after being interviewed by LE for the third time. He said she was taking a bath/shower and somehow got some type of "spasms", she died and they freaked out. No parent disposes of their own child's body if the death was caused by a medical situation or an accident.

Valentina's father remained calm during the searches. He was arrested and is suspected of asphyxiating his 9-year-old daughter

Some information shared at the press conference with Law Enforcement:
  • Official confirmed that the 2 people arrested are the girl's father and stepmother;
  • LE believes the main crimes commited were homicide and concealment of cadaver (which is basically the portuguese version of the desecration of a human corpse charge) thus, the charges will reflect that;
  • LE is convinced that the crime occurred inside the home;
  • The crime was most likely committed on wednesday, not necessarily that night, it's possible it happened earlier in the day;
  • There were 4 children in the home, including Valentina;
  • LE doesn't know for sure yet if any of the other children witnessed the crime;
  • Only one of the children was interviewed by LE [the 13-year-old boy, son of the stepmother from a previous relationship];
  • There is not an official cause of death yet, the autopsy isn't completed at this time;
  • LE does not believe Valentina's death was accidental;
  • The body was not buried, just covered with vegetation;
  • The recovery was prompted not so much by physical evidence, but mostly by information shared by several people during the interviews conducted by LE [basically means that they got a confession and the location of the body was directly given to them].

Shedding some tears for this child today.

How... How can you be so cold and evil to kill your own child.

The terror and confusion and despair every child must go through in these situations is just awful.

While I never suspected she would be found alive and assumed it was the father/stepmother, it's just breaks my heart none the less too have it confirmed.

Imo

Poor baby. I dont understand why they killed her,it cant be because they were sue to leave the country and didnt want to take her with them,they could have just left her with her mother where she wanted to be in the first place.
I wonder if the father is covering for the stepmum?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back