FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Mike Garcia was also featured in an episode of Reelz Channel - Sex, Lies and Murder: Swinger's Club Hitman. (Courtesy of FB group)

They mention that Garcia gave his cousin, Louis Lopez, nicknamed "Proof" an 80 year old revolver to use for the hit.
Yes! This is what I mean. I’m not a gun expert. But I have 1 friend whose been collecting for decades. He buys at antique dealers, gun shows & online sources- some registered, most not. His collection tops 6 figures in value. Some of the antique & custom ones are very unique- really one-of-a-kind. Fine craftsman mahogany engraved handles, artisan-etched barrels, etc. If he was murdered, guns stolen, & later used in a crime, I’m pretty sure I could ID quite a few of them. One even has a portrait carved in the handle on one side with a girl on a swing on the other. He bought his wife one with carved coral flowers. Another has enameled scenes with sterling silver trim. When guns have custom carvings, semi-precious metals, exotic woods, gemstones & materials like ivory, coral, mother-of-pearl, abalone, etc. They become super distinct- memorable & identifiable. They are works of art.

Thanks for the show tip. It’s episode 7 first aired Aug 4, 2018, “The Swinger’s Club Hitman”. Free on Amazon Prime Video right now, so will watch that soon!

Just when you think the details can’t get more jaw-dropping...
From IMDB:
“In 2007, Thomas Lee Sehorne is shot to death outside his home. Then his widow Christie Fay's takes up with a new husband, Jerry Bottorff, who they had met at a Florida swinger's club.“

New questions: How did Mexico Mike become involved with this? Did he work for Don? Doing what? Or did he know Carol? And how? Or was he connected through Kenny? Who’s the primary connection to Mike Garcia?

Yes! This is what I mean. I’m not a gun expert. But I have 1 friend whose been collecting for decades. He buys at antique dealers, gun shows & online sources- some registered, most not. His collection tops 6 figures in value. Some of the antique & custom ones are very unique- really one-of-a-kind. Fine craftsman mahogany engraved handles, artisan-etched barrels, etc. If he was murdered, guns stolen, & later used in a crime, I’m pretty sure I could ID quite a few of them. One even has a portrait carved in the handle on one side with a girl on a swing on the other. He bought his wife one with carved coral flowers. Another has enameled scenes with sterling silver trim. When guns have custom carvings, semi-precious metals, exotic woods, gemstones & materials like ivory, coral, mother-of-pearl, abalone, etc. They become super distinct- memorable & identifiable. They are works of art.

Thanks for the show tip. It’s episode 7 first aired Aug 4, 2018, “The Swinger’s Club Hitman”. Free on Amazon Prime Video right now, so will watch that soon!

Just when you think the details can’t get more jaw-dropping...
From IMDB:
“In 2007, Thomas Lee Sehorne is shot to death outside his home. Then his widow Christie Fay's takes up with a new husband, Jerry Bottorff, who they had met at a Florida swinger's club.“

New questions: How did Mexico Mike become involved with this? Did he work for Don? Doing what? Or did he know Carol? And how? Or was he connected through Kenny? Who’s the primary connection to Mike Garcia?
BBM. Maybe Trisha can answer that. Mike hung out at the Swingers club to sell drugs. He was into all kinds of criminal activity.

I think Carole and Kenny planned to kill Don and Kenny found someone (Mike) to help.

Finding out that Mike had an 80 yr old gun after knowing that Kenny took Don's gun collection is interesting.

BBM. Maybe Trisha can answer that. Mike hung out at the Swingers club to sell drugs. He was into all kinds of criminal activity.

I think Carole and Kenny planned to kill Don and Kenny found someone (Mike) to help.

Finding out that Mike had an 80 yr old gun after knowing that Kenny took Don's gun collection is interesting.
Just watched episode 7. At the 4 minute mark, as they introduce Mike Garcia, they said he already had quite a criminal background prior to his (2nd?) murder for hire.
  • 15 Federal
  • 10 State
  • Drugs
  • Firearms
  • Ammunitions
  • Burglary
  • Grand Theft
And he was already a high-ranking officer with the Tampa chapter of the Latin Kings. This murder for hire was committed by his 19 year-old nephew iirc (or cousin?) to allow him to gain credibility/membership. What a guy.

Just watched episode 7. At the 4 minute mark, as they introduce Mike Garcia, they said he already had quite a criminal background prior to his (2nd?) murder for hire.
  • 15 Federal
  • 10 State
  • Drugs
  • Firearms
  • Ammunitions
  • Burglary
  • Grand Theft
And he was already a high-ranking officer with the Tampa chapter of the Latin Kings. This murder for hire was committed by his 19 year-old nephew iirc (or cousin?) to allow him to gain credibility/membership. What a guy.

This is the guy: Inmate Release Information Detail

No murder charges. If he is in fact involved in Don's "disappearance" maybe he could use Chronister's offer and "spill the beans". "Immunity is on the table", that's a great deal. But perhaps he didn't watch Tiger King and doesn't know what's going on outside... MOO

JMO

SBM BBM

Someone asked this same question on that FB group. No answer yet.
@itsreenw did you find anything that connects them as "partners in crime"?

I also noticed that someone on that group mentioned that Mike Garcia was already in custody the weekend JDL "disappeared". Has this been verified?

JMO MOO

SBM BBM

Someone asked this same question on that FB group. No answer yet.
@itsreenw did you find anything that connects them as "partners in crime"?

I also noticed that someone on that group mentioned that Mike Garcia was already in custody the weekend JDL "disappeared". Has this been verified?

JMO MOO
If that is verified, Kenny’s ex-wife’s entire testimony would be discredited. Mo

If that is verified, Kenny’s ex-wife’s entire testimony would be discredited. Mo

That's exactly what i was thinking about... I have full trust in Ken's ex-wife's testimony, but maybe the Mexican Mike she recognized in the news was a different MM and not Mike Garcia?! I don't recall if she stated that MM was the same as Mike A. Garcia?

MOO

That's exactly what i was thinking about... I have full trust in Ken's ex-wife's testimony, but maybe the Mexican Mike she recognized in the news was a different MM and not Mike Garcia?! I don't recall if she stated that MM was the same as Mike A. Garcia?

MOO
I believe her too. Without verification, I’m betting someone screwed up the dates they think MG was in custody. And really want to know more about that 80 year-old gun used in the other murder for hire. Guessing still in federal custody? Touch dna? Skin cells in crevasses? Some tie to JDL?

MOO
She said the pictures they showed her during her interview were not the Mike she knew. But we don't know what pictures were shown to her. Sure is a coincidence the Swingers Club Mike had an 80 yr old gun.

I posted a question on FB asking how Kenny knew Mike but she hasn't replied. Wondering if LE told her to stop discussing the case.

She said the pictures they showed her during her interview were not the Mike she knew. But we don't know what pictures were shown to her. Sure is a coincidence the Swingers Club Mike had an 80 yr old gun.

I posted a question on FB asking how Kenny knew Mike but she hasn't replied. Wondering if LE told her to stop discussing the case.

Where did she mention the photos? I missed it...
The 80 yo gun is quite a coincidence for sure!

I believe Trisha 100%. She is absolutely positive of the day that happened. She is not just now coming forward with this info. She said she told LE all this back then and also gave them the receipt from the auction where Kenny took the meat grinder.

I believe Trisha 100%. She is absolutely positive of the day that happened. She is not just now coming forward with this info. She said she told LE all this back then and also gave them the receipt from the auction where Kenny took the meat grinder.

I believe her 100% as well. But i'm afraid she talked to the wrong people back then... SOME

Whoa- she kept that receipt & gave it to LE?! Then they could potentially still locate that grinder. Even if old & rusted & stored in an old shed, could have dna. So many moving parts. Does LE acknowledge receipt & still have it in evidence? I wonder if you-know-who ever signed anything in or out of evidence?

Whoa- she kept that receipt & gave it to LE?! Then they could potentially still locate that grinder. Even if old & rusted & stored in an old shed, could have dna. So many moving parts. Does LE acknowledge receipt & still have it in evidence? I wonder if you-know-who ever signed anything in or out of evidence?
She said in her interview with Ripper that she told LE back then, everything she's telling now. He asked about the receipt and she said she gave it to them back then.

She said her interview went well. She mentioned on FB that they showed her a pic and asked if it was Mike Garcia. She said it wasn't him. This guy was too scrawny.
My question to that is...was her story ever even investigated in 1997? Why are they just now asking her to identify Mike?

Another poster stated Trisha said she met Mike at a 'get-together'. The next time she SAW him was on the 17th when he came to pick up Kenny. She hasn't been back online to answer my question as to where Kenny knew Mike from.

This article mentions a man "known only as Mexican Mike".
26 May 2005, 10 - Tampa Bay Times at Newspapers.com
WOW!! Great find!!
Do y’all think there’s more than one Mexican Mike? The odds would be phenomenal. This article also mentions he was dealing meth. Some of Kenny’s convictions involved meth- perhaps that’s their link? Although Trisha’s interview left me with the impression that Kenny had no issues before that weekend- after which his whole personality was never the same. I missed the part in the interview that said she gave the auction receipt to LE. The grinder was sold to “Tampa Machinery Market”. I think it still exists. I wonder how good their records are- might have documentation of purchaser.
Tampa Machinery Auction, Inc. – Florida's largest regularly scheduled public auction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back