MI MI - Paige Renkoski, 30, Fowlerville, 24 May 1990

This case has haunted me for years - I was born the day Paige disappeared. Her car was found 20 minutes away from St Joseph's, where I was born and where I worked for a bit about ten years ago. I remember looking up my birthday in our library's newspaper archive and seeing stories about her disappearance. I think of her a lot. I wonder if they've recently tested the DNA or sent it to Parabon.

So all the Michigan newspapers I've read so far say "talking to a man". But on this thread..I see on different posts it's "talking to a man", talking to a black man, talking to 2 black men, waving her hands in the air. Another article says they did a composite on "the suspect." Not suspect(s). Does anyone know where this composite is?

Well, Charley Project has 2-3 black men and they have composites of six men. WTH is going on with this case? They say 3 other women went missing in the 80's here? Paige Marie Renkoski – The Charley Project

See her album in the link below. I was friends with her mom, so made the album to get Paige's name on social media. I did a lot of research in order to make it, was able to find and include the 6 sketches

Made an album for her on the FB page Still Seek Answers & I run called Never Forget Me. It will be 25 years this May, her mom needs answers!
Paige Renkoski Missing since May 24, 1990 from Fowlerville, MI
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics - Date Of Birth: February 2, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 125 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Long surgical scar on inside of right arm, surgical scar on right leg from knee replacement. She has 2 surgical screws in her left knee.
Clothing: White silk shirt, silk patterned slacks. Long beaded necklace.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance - Renkoski was last seen speaking with an unidentified Black male on the shoulder of Interstate 96 near the Fowlerville exit in Michigan on May 24, 1990 at approximately 15.00 - 16.30.

Renkoski's car was later found abandoned; the keys were in the ignition and the engine was running. The door to the vehicle was unlocked and Renkoski's purse and shoes were located inside. She has never been seen nor heard from again.

On that day back in 1990, Renkoski had dropped her mother off at Metro Airport at 11:30 and stopped to visit a friend in Canton Township until about 14.30. She stopped at a party store, bought a beer and headed back to Lansing.

Some witnesses have told police they saw her vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, a maroon or burgundy van following close behind.

Renkoski left a large sum of money in her bank account and apparently had no travel plans. Renkoski had a close relationship with her mother and was engaged to be married.

Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Investigators If you have any information concerning Renkoski's whereabouts, please contact:
Livingston County Sheriff's Department
517-546-2440
sheriff@co.livingston.mi.us
--
Michigan State Police
810-227-1149
All information may be submitted anonymously.

NamUs MP # 835 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The Doe Network: Case File 294DFMI The Doe Network: Case File 294DFMI
Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/renkoski_paige.html
CUE Center Paige Marie Renkoski http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/paige-marie-renkoski/

PRenkoski3.jpg
PRenkoski4.jpg

Paige Marie Renkoski
Missing since May 24, 1990 from Fowlerville, Livingston County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: February 2, 1960
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 125 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Long surgical scar on inside of right arm, surgical scar on right leg from knee replacement. She has 2 surgical screws in her left knee.
    • Clothing: White silk shirt, silk patterned slacks. Long beaded necklace.
    • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Renkoski was last seen speaking with an unidentified Black male on the shoulder of Interstate 96 near the Fowlerville exit in Michigan on May 24, 1990 at approximately 15.00 - 16.30.

Renkoski's car was later found abandoned; the keys were in the ignition and the engine was running. The door to the vehicle was unlocked and Renkoski's purse and shoes were located inside. She has never been seen nor heard from again.

On that day back in 1990, Renkoski had dropped her mother off at Metro Airport at 11:30 and stopped to visit a friend in Canton Township until about 14.30. She stopped at a party store, bought a beer and headed back to Lansing.

Some witnesses have told police they saw her vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, a maroon or burgundy van following close behind.

Renkoski left a large sum of money in her bank account and apparently had no travel plans. Renkoski had a close relationship with her mother and was engaged to be married.

Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Renkoski's whereabouts, please contact:

Livingston County Sheriff's Department
517-546-2440

--
Michigan State Police
810-227-1149

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: 147-4661-90/
NamUs MP #835
NCIC Number: M250465529
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NCMA
The Detroit Free Press
The Detroit News 5/31/02
The Doe Network: Case File 294DFMI

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 294DFMI

Paige Renkoski disappearance remains a mystery nearly 30 years later

Paige Renkoski's disappearance is among one of the state's longest running unsolved mysteries.

Renkoski dropped her mother off at Detroit Metro Airport during the morning of May 24, 1990. Later that afternoon, police found her car parked on the shoulder of I-96, near the Fowlerville Exit, with the engine still running. Her purse and shoes were inside.

Witnesses told police they saw Renkoski talking to a man whose maroon minivan was parked behind her car.

Where some of Michigan's biggest unsolved cases stand in 2019

I believe that her family is creating a podcast on the case. Looking forward to it

In 1990 Paige Renkowski was seen talking to two men inbetween the cars, and was never seen again. Is anyone familiar with this case?

Paige Renkoski was a hardworking and fun-loving woman, her sister Michele Renkoski-Hollis told Dateline. In 1990, 30-year-old Paige was engaged to a man named Steve Debrabander and the couple lived in Lansing, Michigan. Paige was working as a pre-school aid while she pursued a degree in Early Childhood Development.

On the morning of May 24, 1990, Paige offered to take her mother Ardis to Detroit Metro airport so Ardis could visit Michele in Atlanta, Georgia. The airport was about an hour and a half from Paige’s house in Lansing. Michele told Dateline that after dropping their mother off at the airport, "Paige planned to meet a friend at a park in Canton, Michigan. She had stopped at a gas station store of some sort, and then was headed back for her fiancé's ball game -- he played softball."

With what would have been less than a half hour left on the drive to Lansing, Paige pulled her car off on the side of I-96. Robert Getschman, a cold-case investigator in Livingston County looking into Paige’s case, told Dateline, “there was no damage to the vehicle at all,” so it’s unclear why Paige stopped on the interstate that day. Local NBC Station, WDIV, would later report that a passerby had seen Paige outside her car with a man and a maroon minivan around 3:30 p.m. that afternoon. “We’ve got about a thousand tips on this case,” Getschman told Dateline, “There were various iterations,” he said of the sighting of the man on the shoulder with Paige, “And that is what the original team focused on.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/pa...n-nearly-30-years-after-disappearing-n1010206

Authorities reopened Renkoski's case in the late 1990s. In 1999 an anonymous tip was hand-delivered to a Lansing-based Michigan State Police detective. The tip contained a letter and map that said Paige's remains were left in the wooded area. It wasn't until 2011 after cadaver dogs indicated potential human remains at on the private property that the FBI, the Livingston County Sheriff's Department, and forensic experts from Michigan State University began searching and excavating the area. The effort produced no answers.

Paige's family has never given up searching for answers and raising awareness. It was through those efforts that a witness stepped forward years after Paige's disappearance with a new suspect description. Below is the sketch produced from that description.

5-4-Paige-Suspect-2.jpg

Suspect sketch from 2012 or 2013

Though Paige's mother passed away without answers, she used the knowledge she gained to help other family's with missing loved ones. Paige's sister and niece have now stepped up to continue Ardis's mission to find Paige.

Paige Renkoski was last seen wearing a white silk shirt, with a long beaded necklace, and baggy silk pants with a multicolored floral pattern. Paige was described as being a Caucasian female standing 5 feet and 6 inches tall, weighing 125 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. Paige had a long surgical scar on the inside of her right arm and a surgical scar on her right leg from knee replacement. She also had 2 surgical screws in her left knee.

Anyone with information on the disappearance of Paige Renkoski is asked to contact Deputy/Investigator Robert J. Getschman of the Livingston County Sheriff's Department at 517-546-2400 or directly at 517-540-7880. You can also text a tip to investigators at 517-546-TIPS (8477) or 517-540-7880. You can also email investigators at coldcasetips@livgov.com
Cold Case Fowlerville: The Disappearance Of Paige Renkoski

I believe that with the multi jurisdictional factors of this case - and it being a long time open case, it is probably of interest to the Michigan State Cold Case group. It is certainly a well known and well remembered Michigan Cold Case.

I wonder what kind of in-ground anomaly detection was done prior to any digging that might have been done on that private property. Sometimes cadaver dogs can be of use, but not all dogs are of equal talent and training. And there are a lot of factors that enter into a scenting search.

I am releasing an episode on Paige's disappearance at the end of the week. I had the privilege of speaking with her family, current and former investigators and others close to the case.

Hard to believe that thirty years have come and gone with no answers.

I am releasing an episode on Paige's disappearance at the end of the week. I had the privilege of speaking with her family, current and former investigators and others close to the case.

Hard to believe that thirty years have come and gone with no answers.

Please post a link to your podcast when it is posted. I look forward to listening.

TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood