2015.08.27 Curtis Wayne Wright: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

I don't recall having seen CWW's sister, Windy/Wendy, at any of the court hearings. Did anybody spot her? Just curious what, if any, support she would have given to her brother? I'm not sure if that was her name.

For a split second, I was forced to think of CWW when I heard this joke:
Q: What goes well with the corona virus?
A: Lyme disease.
Yes, there is always someone out there thinking up jokes!

Then, I immediately wondered if there was such a thing as medical experimentation on prisoners? I seem to recall something to that affect. Will have to research. Maybe it depends on criminal level? I certainly wouldn't want criminals who committed heinous crimes to get any type of consideration for agreeing to participate in medical research.

Human volunteers are a better gauge than subjecting innocent, helpless little animals to researching something that would be used to treat or affect humans. MOO

Don't know if this is just temporary, but it looks like Mark has a new public defender - Karen Mary Kinney.

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AND DESIGNATION OFE-MAIL ADDRESSES PURSUANT TO RULE 2.516 KAREN M. KINNEY, Assistant Public Defender, hereby appears as attorney for MARK SIEVERS and designates the following e-mail addresses for the purpose of service of all documents required to be served in this proceeding.

- Florida Supreme Court Docket

Lawyer Directory – The Florida Bar

Attachments

• 2020-225_notice_89149_notice2dappearance.pdf
    69 KB · Views: 4
Don't know if this is just temporary, but it looks like Mark has a new public defender - Karen Mary Kinney.

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AND DESIGNATION OFE-MAIL ADDRESSES PURSUANT TO RULE 2.516 KAREN M. KINNEY, Assistant Public Defender, hereby appears as attorney for MARK SIEVERS and designates the following e-mail addresses for the purpose of service of all documents required to be served in this proceeding.

His trial lawyer dumped him. MM

From the link in post 866:

05/13/2020 Case ordered on calendar To be argued on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, at 1:30 pm, in San Francisco. Counsel to appear via video or teleconference per Administrative Orders 2020-03-13 (March 16, 2020) and 2020-03-27 (March 27, 2020).

I posted this Court Docket over here:

***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Curtis has been moved. Probably due to the Covid outbreak....

He is at the Manatee County jail

Thanks for the update, Oregonmama! As of today, FL Dept. of Corrections is still showing that Charlotte Correctional has only 3 cases of Covid-19, and that these are staff, not prisoners. Like Kakidoll, I'm wondering why they sent CWW to a jail, not a prison. That's like sending him to a resort! Next thing we hear he's on a field trip to the Ringling Bros. Museum! No. I'm not happy.

Thanks for the update, Oregonmama! As of today, FL Dept. of Corrections is still showing that Charlotte Correctional has only 3 cases of Covid-19, and that these are staff, not prisoners. Like Kakidoll, I'm wondering why they sent CWW to a jail, not a prison. That's like sending him to a resort! Next thing we hear he's on a field trip to the Ringling Bros. Museum! No. I'm not happy.
I think they are shuffling around inmates during this health crisis. He was still at the intake site when it first hit.

Recently, while watching Court TV, I came upon a judge who reminded me of CWW--down to his voice.

Cole County judge rules in state Sunshine Law cases

Wonder if anybody has an update on CWW? Wonder if he's been returned to a normal prison life in Miami Dade? Sorry, I'm not savvy at tracking this sort of thing. If it weren't for dumb luck, I'd have no luck at all. Thank You!

Regards.

Well, I checked every state in the country and with the exception of LA, DE, MA and I think one other, I wasn't able to find him listed. Could be he's being transferred to another FL prison and not showing up currently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back