- Friday, 8 May 2020 -

Deceased:
To-Be Named, 85
&
To-Be Named, 86

Now-Deceased Suspect:

Sheldon C. Francis, 26

1)) Delaware State Police:
https://dsp.delaware.gov/2020/05/10/update-5-second-victim-succumbs-to-injuries-suspect-identified-delaware-veterans-memorial-cemetery-shooting-confirmed-to-be-a-homicide/

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery - Bear, DE - بحث Google

Our Support to All.
[Contribution # 7306
Thread # 521047]

Elderly Murdered Couple Identified

- New Castle County,
Delaware -
- Friday, 8 May 2020 -

Deceased:
Lidia C. Marino, 85
&
Paul C. Marino, 86

Now-Deceased Suspect:

Sheldon C. Francis, 26

3)) Fox TV:
Elderly couple killed in Delaware cemetery shooting identified

4)) Delaware State Police:

*Update #6- Victims Identified* Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery Shooting Homicide - Delaware State Police - State of Delaware

5)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery - Bear, DE - بحث Google

Our Support to All.
[Contribution # 7311
Thread # 521047]

Last edited:
Where is the outrage? the protests?
Where are the MSM updates?
Where are the comments and sympathy from websleuthers?

You live your entire life to your mid 80's, most likely scared to death
that you might become a victim of coronavirus, and you die like a dog in a place where we bury our dead.

And there's 2 comments in this thread and 2 updates including the OP's post.
sad, sad, sad, sad.

Where is the outrage? the protests?
Where are the MSM updates?
Where are the comments and sympathy from websleuthers?

You live your entire life to your mid 80's, most likely scared to death
that you might become a victim of coronavirus, and you die like a dog in a place where we bury our dead.

And there's 2 comments in this thread and 2 updates including the OP's post.
sad, sad, sad, sad.
There does not seem to be much info being given by LE so not much to go on. Would like to know if they had wallets/purses on them or cellphones? Could have been a robbery but why murder them? Unless they knew their killer. Even if they fought back they would not be too difficult to over power or gain control.
Maybe LE is being tight lipped for a reason and either more will come out or an arrest will be made.
RIP Mr. And Mrs. Marino.

I read their obituary and they were predeceased by a son—wonder if it was his grave they were visiting? Mr. Marino was also a military veteran, though, so perhaps they were there to pay their respects to other servicemembers... but regardless, I suspect this will turn out to have been a crime of opportunity and probably began as an attempted robbery or a carjacking.

what kind of a sicko kills two elderly people and what was his motivation??
and how did the suspect die??
From the Fox article it states the perp died from a gunshot to the head but LE was not sure if it was self inflicted or from earlier exchange of gunfire, I want to know what they mean by " earlier exchange of gunfire". Other robbers or gangs or was one of the Marino's armed? Robber shoots and kills 2 people after robbery and then gets shot himself.Forgot to add the perp was found deceased in a wooded area near the scene.

Last edited:
From the Fox article it states the perp died from a gunshot to the head but LE was not sure if it was self inflicted or from earlier exchange of gunfire, I want to know what they mean by " earlier exchange of gunfire". Other robbers or gangs or was one of the Marino's armed? Robber shoots and kills 2 people after robbery and then gets shot himself.Forgot to add the perp was found deceased in a wooded area near the scene.

really strange case

I think they were talking about exchange of gunfire between the cops and the suspect. JMO.

Last edited:
I did not know them but they lived about 15 minutes away. Media coverage was poor at best, the Cecil Whig is the local paper but they didn't have much info, and it has a firewall. They were visiting the grave of an adult son who died from cerebral palsy, and according to their surviving twin sons, they visited daily when the weather was not inclement. They were both being buried in the Veterans cemetery where they were killed and where their son is buried. Unable to link but Fox news has an article updated yesterday. Such a sad story.

I did not know them but they lived about 15 minutes away. Media coverage was poor at best, the Cecil Whig is the local paper but they didn't have much info, and it has a firewall. They were visiting the grave of an adult son who died from cerebral palsy, and according to their surviving twin sons, they visited daily when the weather was not inclement. They were both being buried in the Veterans cemetery where they were killed and where their son is buried. Unable to link but Fox news has an article updated yesterday. Such a sad story.

Link to story below:

Maryland couple slain at Delaware veterans cemetery visited son’s grave almost daily, surviving son says

Their joint obituary is especially poignant if you read the condolences—they seem to have been universally-loved by friends, family, and acquaintances:
Paul Marino Obituary - Elkton, Md | Cecil Whig

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back