Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, only the guilty lie. Those who tell the truth knows the truth never changes, and how important it is to tell the truth at all times especially in a case like this involving a murdered little child.

Imo, I've seen no evidence Evelyn's death was accidental either. Children who actually have an accident 911 is immediately called.
I think I'd disagree with that. While there's no way to definitively know at this point, I don't think it's that unlikely that Evelyn had died in some sort of accident.

MB's attempt to cover up the death for several months is definitely suspicious (and probably indicates that she had some role in her death, whether it was intentional or some sort of mistake), but it makes sense considering her background. Her mother was basically a career criminal, and whatever interactions she witnessed with law enforcement were obviously not positive. It's likely she was discouraged from calling the police regularly by her parents. Adding on that she's barely an adult and "if you run away from consequences, they'll stop following you eventually" seems to be the Boswell family motto, I can see MB trying to hide Evelyn after finding that she died while she was temporarily wasn't watching (something like choking or getting into drugs). It's definitely not a good thing, and MB definitely has some responsibility for her child's death, but I can understand why she would attempt to keep what happened a secret even if it wasn't a murder.

JMO

I think I'd disagree with that. While there's no way to definitively know at this point, I don't think it's that unlikely that Evelyn had died in some sort of accident.

MB's attempt to cover up the death for several months is definitely suspicious (and probably indicates that she had some role in her death, whether it was intentional or some sort of mistake), but it makes sense considering her background. Her mother was basically a career criminal, and whatever interactions she witnessed with law enforcement were obviously not positive. It's likely she was discouraged from calling the police regularly by her parents. Adding on that she's barely an adult and "if you run away from consequences, they'll stop following you eventually" seems to be the Boswell family motto, I can see MB trying to hide Evelyn after finding that she died while she was temporarily wasn't watching (something like choking or getting into drugs). It's definitely not a good thing, and MB definitely has some responsibility for her child's death, but I can understand why she would attempt to keep what happened a secret even if it wasn't a murder.

JMO
I get your points and it makes me think about the child death/murder cases we see here.

Some of them are due to neglect in some way, for example, a child becomes ill/chokes/suffocates and the caregiver doesn't seek medical help because they are afraid the child will be taken away by CPS. To us it makes no sense as a dead child is way worse than losing them to CPS yet we see that claim over and over. Is it the truth? Sometimes we never find out but if it is true then we see a clueless caregiver who underestimates the illness.

More often we see the excuse of the caregiver's fear of getting into trouble with LE. IMO that rings truer and points to a lack of focus on the child.

This is common in cases where the child was injured by a caregiver, be it parent or a boyfriend/girlfriend left in charge to babysit. Injuring a child through a violent act isn't an accident no matter how the suspect tries to play it and the usual excuse is they "fell," resulting in a fatal injury and instead of calling 911 they let the child succumb to their injuries.

Then there's the accidental ingesting of drugs left laying around. Or dosing a child to "keep them quiet/make them sleep," and accidentally overdosing them. We've seen that too and it's usually only found during autopsy.

So yeah, Evelyn's death could have been an "accident" but for now we don't have information on others who were around her during her last days so I'm not quite ready to put it at the top of the list.

We also don't know how important Evelyn was to MB and IMO that is a key piece of information. For example I'm sure CA loved little Caylee but that didn't stop her from putting her own desires to party and be free over her child's well being.

I agree that MB's background probably includes distrust of LE and while that may have played a part in her not disclosing Evelyn's "disappearance" still, it's hard to understand why she agreed to numerous interviews other than to conclude she somehow enjoyed the attention. That doesn't jibe with a grieving mother. All MOO.

Last edited:
I dont think Evelyn was buried under a shed because she choked on a french fry while no one was looking, JMO.

Not calling paramedics due to one's parents having negative experiences with police in the past isn't an explanation that is very logical to me. Apples and oranges.

Monday, May 18th:
*Initial Appearance Hearing (@ 9am CT) - TN – for *Larry Chad Fields (37) charged (3/26/20) & arrested (4/2/20) with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K. Authorities had a warrant out for his arrest.
4/2/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing on 4/3/20. 4/3/20: Cancelled due to coronavirus. Rescheduled for 5/18.
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) arrested, charged & arraigned (3/27/20) with aggravated burglary, theft under $10K, introduction of drugs into a penal facility & possession of counterfeit money (from her father’s house). In jail. Bond set at $50K. Charge of aggravated burglary dismissed (on 5/14/20), but charged with theft under $10K, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, possession of counterfeit money & criminal simulation. Bond kept at $50K.
3/27/20: Aggravated Burglary (at AB’s father’s house): In court on Friday for arraignment, bond set at $50K. She is scheduled to appear in court again on April 9, and it will most likely be an appearance through video due to the courts limiting in-person appearances during the COVID-19 outbreak.
4/9/20 Update: April 9th hearing moved to 4/30. And then moved to 5/14 due to coronavirus. 5/14/20 Update: During a preliminary hearing today, her father David Jones said she had been living at his home and was always welcome there, leading Judge Mark Toohey to dismiss a burglary charge. She is still facing a charge of theft and taking contraband into jail, all unrelated to the death of her granddaughter. Judge Toohey also ruled that Angela could be a flight risk and kept her bond at $50K. Judge Mark Toohey found probable cause to charge Angela with theft under $10,000, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, possession of counterfeit money & criminal simulation. Angela was bound over to the Sullivan County Grand Jury & was given a bond of $50,000, which is separate from her bond in Bristol related to a stolen vehicle which was sought by investigators in the Evelyn Boswell case. The next bind over date for the grand jury is July 17.

Some of them are due to neglect in some way, for example, a child becomes ill/chokes/suffocates and the caregiver doesn't seek medical help because they are afraid the child will be taken away by CPS. To us it makes no sense as a dead child is way worse than losing them to CPS yet we see that claim over and over. Is it the truth? Sometimes we never find out but if it is true then we see a clueless caregiver who underestimates the illness.
While I'm not really a member of the true crime community, this is actually a somewhat known phenomenon. It tends to be common among women who experienced severe abuse/neglect from family members and have no real experience in forming healthy relationships. When these women have kids, their children are often the only family members they know who aren't objectively awful people, and they usually develop a severely possessive attitude towards them. This usually manifests in resentment towards CPS and other similar institutions.

(Megan Boswell once mentioned that "her life was tough but Evelyn made it bearable," which could indicate a number of things in this context JMO.)

I agree that MB's background probably includes distrust of LE and while that may have played a part in her not disclosing Evelyn's "disappearance" still, it's hard to understand why she agreed to numerous interviews other than to conclude she somehow enjoyed the attention. That doesn't jibe with a grieving mother. All MOO.
I'd guess that she was just hoping that doing a bunch of interviews would make it seem less likely that she had something to hide. If Evelyn died in December or earlier, it's not unlikely that MB was at a stage where she wasn't showing any outward signs of grief by the time she reported Evelyn as "missing." IMO, trying to tell whether someone is authentically grieving when we don't even know them personally is almost always a crapshoot.
I dont think Evelyn was buried under a shed because she choked on a french fry while no one was looking, JMO.

Not calling paramedics due to one's parents having negative experiences with police in the past isn't an explanation that is very logical to me. Apples and oranges.
That's true. However if paramedics find evidence of abuse, or happen upon a violent incident taking place, then the police won't be very far behind, and with that happening on a regular basis I'd guess that the distinction between calling either one of them becomes a little bit fuzzy. JMO

Fields:

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Larry Chad Fields Defendant Status Hearing 08/13/2020 9:00 AM William K. Rogers

Larry Chad Fields Defendant Appearance 05/18/2020 9:00 AM William K. Rogers Continuance Granted

Larry Chad Fields Defendant Appearance 04/03/2020 9:00 AM William K. Rogers Case Rescheduled

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

Angela - Probation Violation

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Angela Mae Boswell Defendant Hearing 06/18/2020 9:30 AM Mark H Toohey

Angela Mae Boswell Defendant Hearing 05/14/2020 1:00 PM Mark H Toohey Continuance Granted

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

That's true. However if paramedics find evidence of abuse, or happen upon a violent incident taking place, then the police won't be very far behind, and with that happening on a regular basis I'd guess that the distinction between calling either one of them becomes a little bit fuzzy. JMO

That's true, it could indeed become fuzzy.... if you were involved in something you knew was awful and/or illegal . But I dont think previous parental experiences with police are a huge factor here. I think it's as simple as "I did something I know is terrible/illegal and I dont want to get into trouble/go to jail for it"

If Maggie/Megan was say, a young child and was lost at a department store but was reluctant to approach a police officer for help with finding her parents because she feared police, then I'd say it's probably more than fair to assume that her fear is the result of her parents having only negative experiences with police.

I have a note on my stuff that Megan's grand jury hearing:

State Prosecutor Teresa Nelson said she aims to get an indictment handed down for Boswell by May 20th or when the Grand Jury sits in June.

11 Counts of false reports for MB. She wasn't messing around with her lies.

Sullivan Co. grand jury indicts Megan Boswell on 11 counts of false reports

According to the presentment sent to News Channel 11 Wednesday, all 11 incidents Megan is charged for happened between February 18 and 23rd.

Megan Boswell is currently being held in the Sullivan County Jail on a $150,000 bond. Her next court date is set for June 19.

According to a Sullivan County grand jury presentment, Megan Boswell lied multiple times about the whereabouts of her child.

In the presentment, it states Megan lied to Sullivan County Sheriff's detectives and TBI agents.

Megan Boswell was charged in February for one count of false reporting.
Megan Boswell charged with ten more counts of false reporting

11 Counts of false reports for MB. She wasn't messing around with her lies.

According to the presentment sent to News Channel 11 Wednesday, all 11 incidents Megan is charged for happened between February 18 and 23rd.

Megan Boswell is currently being held in the Sullivan County Jail on a $150,000 bond. Her next court date is set for June 19.

Actually her next court date is on 5/28 - bond review hearing....

(Sorry if this has already been posted.)

From that, it at least appears clear to me that EP and AB are not POI's in Evelyn's death. Not a revelation to me, but at least it's solidified in my mind now. What confuses the hell out of me is why we don't have charges yet. It almost feels like LE isn't completely satisfied as to what role MB played in this horrific death, other than obstructing the investigation.

I hope that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members