TX TX - Cheryl Henry, 22, & Andy Atkinson, 21, Houston, 21 Aug 1990

Its very frustrating - Parabon and Cece Moore have told us they would love to work on Cheryl's case and even said they would push it to the front of the line. HPD will not use them and have told us the FBI lab is the one working on it. A year ago they told us it might take a couple of months

I’m sorry @mocity. I can’t imagine how frustrated you all are.

This makes no sense to me. I just don’t get it.

Any thoughts folks on why this is happening like this?

Its very frustrating - Parabon and Cece Moore have told us they would love to work on Cheryl's case and even said they would push it to the front of the line. HPD will not use them and have told us the FBI lab is the one working on it. A year ago they told us it might take a couple of months
Really a 'Like' button is not appropriate here and I wish there was something better suited. Sometimes I don't understand LE when they don't want to use all the tools available. I hope THIS is the year that has an arrest.

re post
gallery_xlarge.jpg

Years later, in August 2001, a DNA profile from a sexual assault matched the DNA evidence from the Lover’s Lane Case. The victim of the 2001 sexual assault provided detectives with a sketch of the possible suspect.

Can you help solve some of Houston's most infamous cold cases?
''In an age where internet sleuthing can yield results in murder cases, Chron.com compiled a list of some of Houston's infamous cold cases.

Dating back to the 1980s, these murder cases include the "Lovers Lane Case" where a young couple was found brutally murdered, a veteran killed in an apparent robbery, and a young mother gunned down in front of her 6-year-old daughter. All of these cases have at least one thing in common: No one knows who the killer is.

Created in 2004, the Houston Police Department Homicide Division's Cold Case Squad combs through hundreds of unsolved murders and other types of cases to try and reinvigorate the investigation. Cases are considered cold when the initial investigation hits a dead-end, often times constrained by technology at the time.

Detectives on the Cold Case Squad use several techniques, including new technology, to try and find suspects or at least new leads. Part of that process is reaching out for the public's input.

Anyone with information about these murders is urged to contact the HPD Cold Case Squad at 713-308-3618 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).''

Just started a thread for the 1983 cold case murders of 3 women in Houston TX and could not help but notice the (somewhat) similarity between the suspect sketch in that case to the sketch in this one..
fwiw, imo, speculation.
TX - Elizabeth Shumate, 54, JoAnn Brown, 46, Frances Ivey, 60, realtors shot dead,19 Aug.1983

Just started a thread for the 1983 cold case murders of 3 women in Houston TX and could not help but notice the (somewhat) similarity between the suspect sketch in that case to the sketch in this one..
fwiw, imo, speculation.
TX - Elizabeth Shumate, 54, JoAnn Brown, 46, Frances Ivey, 60, realtors shot dead,19 Aug.1983
That's an interesting find

fwiw, imo, speculation.
Different type hair, and it seems like the motive in this case was robbery, unlike the rape incident and the incident with Cheryl and Andy. It would be nice to enhance that picture 8 years later to see the similarities then.

I do see a few similarities though.
1) Both detectives using the excuse they don't have the money to do the advance testing when clearly in Cheryl's case anyway we know that's not true, and I'd bet my house that in the above case there's a way to cover that cost as well.
2) Detectives in both cases have clearly dropped the ball yet want to BS the public into thinking they are still working round the clock to solve it decades later.
Was the article above really posted in Feb. of this year? If so, how can they say they can't be sure they have the technology to test a piece of evidence for DNA? They are just now looking into this case from a different angle and are looking into ways to test the evidence? I must be missing something.

I don't want to railroad this thread but I though it was worth mentioning.
Thank you for posting the picture for comparison.

Instead of forced vaccinations we need forced DNA samples from all U.S citizens. anyone not willing probably is a rapist or killer. I hope justice is served in this case as well as others. my deepest condolences to the families affected by crime.

Well if you do, I hope that one's not full of sensationalism and mistruths like the one you did here.
Funny you should mention this. A podcaster @hobs4200 above recently started a thread here asking for suggestions for their new podcast and I suggested Andy and Cheryl’s case, with an addendum: “Just don’t sensationalize, exaggerate and report untruths about the victims and the circumstances like a few podcasts have done...” and morf was the exact podcast I was referring to. In other words, put in some proper research. The victims deserve it.

new podcast looking for ideas!! need help.

Last edited:
fwiw, imo, speculation.
I was friends and went to school with victim Frances Ivey’s daughter. Mrs. Ivey was sweet as pie, as was her daughter. We lost contact after our school years, I hope she is doing well.

As youngsters we were all shocked and terrified when our friend’s mother was murdered in such a horrible way. I remember going over to play at her house after the murders and it was all I could think about, but we never talked about it. I can’t believe it’s still unsolved!

There is definitely a resemblance between the two composite sketches, yep.

Julie, didnt really consider Richard Haefner a suspect in the Biechler case,more a POI,as well as a POI in the Aardsma case. He coincidentally was from where Biechler lived,he was at college same time as Aardsma,and he wrote a research paper in Calif in the 60's. Despite all of that, i havent been able to conclusively link him with any Zodiac crime. Also, he moved out to Calif at some point and while out doing research in the desert,died of a heart attack in 2002.

This connection i have made between the Zodiac and this Houston double homicide shows that the anonymous letter was received by police in 2001,and while haefner could have been involved i doubt he was.

In addition, in fanning out my search from Houston, i found the League City Tx. murder of Laura Lynn Miller. She was shot with a .22 in the mid 80's. Over 20 years later(i believe it was 20 years later( her father received an anonymous letter. It was filled with Zodiac-like references,words,etc. This would have been AFTER HAEFNER DIED. I am so sure that this Houston & League City activity is Zodiac,that I can safely rule out once and for all in my mind Zodiac suspects, ALA (He was already dead) Manson family member Bruce Davis ( He was in jail) Ted Kazcynski "unabomber" (He was also in jail),ad POI Haefner.

If there isnt a Laura Lynn Miller thread already, i will be adding one. Stay tuned!
Oh.my.God. Wow. So you 100% believe the same individual murdered Cheryl and Andy, the Texas Killing Fields victims, and also happened to be the Zodiac killer in his spare time.

Among the other POI’s you have listed but ruled out were Manson family members and the unibomber. Where was Ted Bundy?

I’m David at the Dentist. Is this real life?

It’s been 11 years since your post, what has happened? Throwing out incongruous, inflammatory information without any basis of truth in it with a cheeky “stay tuned!” is not respectful nor fair to the family members who read here. These victims were their beloved family members, not a tease and a giggle for conspiracy theory podcast fodder.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention this. A podcaster @hobs4200 above recently started a thread here asking for suggestions for their new podcast and I suggested Andy and Cheryl’s case, with an addendum: “Just don’t sensationalize, exaggerate and report untruths about the victims and the circumstances like a few podcasts have done...” and morf was the exact podcast I was referring to. In other words, put in some proper research. The victims deserve it.

new podcast looking for ideas!! need help.
what podcast is morf on? is it true crime garage I only ask so I can listen to his version of the case and see where he was overdoing it

Instead of forced vaccinations we need forced DNA samples from all U.S citizens. anyone not willing probably is a rapist or killer. I hope justice is served in this case as well as others. my deepest condolences to the families affected by crime.
Let me ask you a hypothetical question....
Let's say for example there have been a series of bank robberies in your neighborhood and LE thinks it's someone that lives nearby the bank doing the robbing. Do you think it would be okay for LE to walk into everyone's house and start looking through drawers for stolen money without a warrant?
If not, then why not? If the crime was solved that way, would you approve? Would you be a bank robber if you didn't let them in?
What about installing micro chips in everyone's body that track movement? That way, the government would be able to put the guilty person at the scene of the crime. Would it make you a rapist or a killer if you said no to that?
While I am all out for getting the bad guy, submitting DNA by force/coercion is a violation of your 4th amendment right, and personally, I'm not willing to give up my rights.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back