Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or does it seem a bit invasive to anyone else, digging into the family's real estate holdings? I mean, maybe it's important but maybe it's not, and since LE haven't said a word about it, I'm not even sure how it factors in, or if it does at all?

Just me?

I totally agree. Not just you. I noticed people are already assuming things AND stating there's little to no real information on the case.

My husband bikes 12-15 miles a day in the city where we live. He does not ride without a couple of inner tubes, sunglasses, cell phone, Apple Watch, ear buds, and helmet. I’m sure SM would be prepared Since she was (possibly) riding solo on country roads.

A couple of interesting points. Her nephew says "THE" (not her) husband has put up a $100,000 reward. Interesting choice of words.

Also, when asked about her going biking, her nephew is very hesitant. He does not confirm this, but instead says all.that he can confirm is that her bike was found.

IMO
The distancing language was not lost on me either -- especially when the husband is the nephew's blood uncle.

If there was a kidnap for ransom - did the person know there was money? that's about the only reason I see for looking at this - but then, we usually start at the victim's home. iMO

ETA - and it was in the heavy.com report.

IMOO: Maybe she got off a panicked phone call to her neighbor and that’s why the neighbor reported her missing. That would explain the fast response of the police. The neighbor could have been in her emergency contacts for her phone if she was able to activate them or may have been the last number she dialed for easy redial. Few days to figure out where the cell phone pinged from and now they have a search area they are looking.
IMOO.

Is it just me, or does it seem a bit invasive to anyone else, digging into the family's real estate holdings? I mean, maybe it's important but maybe it's not, and since LE haven't said a word about it, I'm not even sure how it factors in, or if it does at all?

Just me?
Yes I agree. Their finances and real estate properties are what they are. If they could afford to buy without selling first, so be it. Maybe they had a deal and it fell through, but they were able to move to CO anyway, or had to.

In fact, my daughter and SIL carried 2 mortgages for a while as they also bought before selling. Neither was a cheap property either. It happens. IMHO

The distancing language was not lost on me either -- especially when the husband is the nephew's blood uncle.
WRT the BBM party: Was that confirmed? I saw you ask for MSM support but did not see a response that provided it. I must've been reading too quickly? (Though, are we even allowed to discuss that? Is it sleuthing the family? o_O)

JMO
I dont think we even know the exact spot the bicycle was found and that would be important to know how far away from the home it was.

According to map link below from media thread, Route 50 is less than 1 mile from the home along 225 so I am assuming the bicycle was found close to where 225 meets 50. If that is true, then it makes a little more sense how they found the bicycle so quickly because 225 is a logical road to take from their home to get to the more major 50.

The scary part is 225 looks driveable by car in addition to bicycles. So there could have been cars coming along 225 at the time she may have been riding her bike there (if she even road that day).

I am starting to agree with a previous recent post that LE may not really want or need any help and they may be close to a theory on what happened. It seems LE keeps saying they dont want help with the searching. Why would that be unless they already know quite a bit already.

If they do need help with finding her then it would help anyone looking for her to know
*What exact time did she leave for the alleged bike ride?
*Who was the last person to even have contact with her to know the last time someone could prove she was still ok?
*Did she have a helmet on and what color was it?
*What was she wearing on the alleged bike ride?
*many more questions like this

All the normal questions like this are helpful to help find her because if anyone finds an article of clothing or her bike helmet or something then they would immediately know it could be hers. Without those details there is not much to go on.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2020-5-15_10-17-3-png.246864/

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
5 hrs ·
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020

While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman.

On Friday, May 15, members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) plan to launch a comprehensive search of the area.

More than fifty searchers and investigators will comb the area in an effort to seek additional items or other clues that may identify the whereabouts of Ms. Morphew.

Unfortunately, this search will cause a temporary closure U.S. Highway 50, Monarch Pass for an undetermined amount of time.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and its partners will work to ensure the roads are opened as quickly as possible as to reduce the impact on drivers and those living in the area.

Note: The media will not be granted access to the site due to the location and nature of the search; however, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze plans to brief the media at the conclusion of the search, most likely Friday afternoon. Briefing details and location will be released as soon as they are available.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

BBM

Dozens Search For Suzanne Morphew After Discovery Of 'Personal Item'

- Family confirms the item is not the bike, which was found Sunday
- Highway 50 is shut down for the search
- CBI and FBI have joined the investigation

Tip line: 719-312-7530
More: cbsloc.al/2WzH2ET

Anica Padilla on Twitter

Last edited:
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
5 hrs ·
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020

While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman.

On Friday, May 15, members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) plan to launch a comprehensive search of the area.

More than fifty searchers and investigators will comb the area in an effort to seek additional items or other clues that may identify the whereabouts of Ms. Morphew.

Unfortunately, this search will cause a temporary closure U.S. Highway 50, Monarch Pass for an undetermined amount of time.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and its partners will work to ensure the roads are opened as quickly as possible as to reduce the impact on drivers and those living in the area.

Note: The media will not be granted access to the site due to the location and nature of the search; however, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze plans to brief the media at the conclusion of the search, most likely Friday afternoon. Briefing details and location will be released as soon as they are available.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
So hard to speculate without knowing much information, but their finding personal item(s) of Suzanne sounds to me like she may have been abducted.

BBM

Dozens Search For Suzanne Morphew After Discovery Of 'Personal Item'

- Family confirms the item is not the bike, which was found Sunday

- Highway 50 is shut down for the search

- CBI and FBI have joined the investigation

Tip line: 719-312-7530

More: cbsloc.al/2WzH2ET

Anica Padilla on Twitter
Then add this part of press release:
"...comb the area in an effort to seek additional items or other clues..."

JMO
I dont think we even know the exact spot the bicycle was found and that would be important to know how far away from the home it was.

According to map link below from media thread, Route 50 is less than 1 mile from the home along 225 so I am assuming the bicycle was found close to where 225 meets 50. If that is true, then it makes a little more sense how they found the bicycle so quickly because 225 is a logical road to take from their home to get to the more major 50.

The scary part is 225 looks driveable by car in addition to bicycles. So there could have been cars coming along 225 at the time she may have been riding her bike there (if she even road that day).

I am starting to agree with a previous recent post that LE may not really want or need any help and they may be close to a theory on what happened. It seems LE keeps saying they dont want help with the searching. Why would that be unless they already know quite a bit already.

If they do need help with finding her then it would help anyone looking for her to know
*What exact time did she leave for the alleged bike ride?
*Who was the last person to even have contact with her to know the last time someone could prove she was still ok?
*Did she have a helmet on and what color was it?
*What was she wearing on the alleged bike ride?
*many more questions like this

All the normal questions like this are helpful to help find her because if anyone finds an article of clothing or her bike helmet or something then they would immediately know it could be hers. Without those details there is not much to go on.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2020-5-15_10-17-3-png.246864/
Your post made me think she might have been struck by a vehicle and her body flew a distance.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member