Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried about a cover-up. It wouldn't be unheard of. I just can't understand how there is no information. I get the feeling that we won't know what happened.
There was another case here approximately three years ago of an active duty member who also disappeared but while off duty during a holiday weekend. No information was released for a few months until the military arrested her ex husband and one of his friends for her murder. They work in silence but diligently. Her name was Shadow McClaine. Her thread:

Found Deceased - KY - Shadow McClaine, 25, Clarksville, 2 Sept 2016 *Arrests*

There was another case here approximately three years ago of an active duty member who also disappeared but while off duty during a holiday weekend. No information was released for a few months until the military arrested her ex husband and one of his friends for her murder. They work in silence but diligently. Her name was Shadow McClaine. Her thread:

I had never heard of her story. So sad!! I can’t help but think this is similar to what happened to her. My heart breaks for those families. I can’t even imagine something like that happening to my child. I pray they find her soon. Like the Andreen McDonald case, it took months. Her body was found on someone’s property. I want to say they hadn’t even thought of checking that area. I remember them going all over Camp Bullis because his phone had pinged or shown that he was on base- later to only find out it was on the other side of San Antonio. :(

Ft Hood Exits

Are there ways to leave Ft. Hood (as a military member) without exiting through
a check out point?
Please facts only and not speculations

I haven't been there since 2007, but I was stationed there for 6 years. During my time there the base went from an open installation without gates to having gated entry around the time of 9/11. There were military manned gates and later were manned by a contracted service. I am not sure how this has changed in recent years.

We didn't have to check out to leave. It was basically open lanes of travel out, but you had to stop and have your ID checked, random vehicle inspections when coming in. If I remember correctly, at a point they went to a sticker on the car and then they would start waving people through. It is likely more high tech now.

I do not believe I have ever seen a vehicle stopped going off of the base. I do not know of any other ways on or off the installation without exiting through the gates although there were less traveled gates and sometimes extra gates to go through to enter certain parts of the base.

I desperately hope that they find this girl.

I haven't been there since 2007, but I was stationed there for 6 years. During my time there the base went from an open installation without gates to having gated entry around the time of 9/11. There were military manned gates and later were manned by a contracted service. I am not sure how this has changed in recent years.

We didn't have to check out to leave. It was basically open lanes of travel out, but you had to stop and have your ID checked, random vehicle inspections when coming in. If I remember correctly, at a point they went to a sticker on the car and then they would start waving people through. It is likely more high tech now.

I do not believe I have ever seen a vehicle stopped going off of the base. I do not know of any other ways on or off the installation without exiting through the gates although there were less traveled gates and sometimes extra gates to go through to enter certain parts of the base.

I desperately hope that they find this girl.

From what I remember they were doing ID checks within the last 3-4 years and it was done by MP's or uniformed members, unknown what the process is now with COVID. They did have a spot that those with Military ID's could use a punch code or something to gain entry but I'm not positive on the extent of that. Visitors had to obtain a pass from the visitor center and pretty much everything was checked upon entry. I had entry on base for school work and a relationship about 5+ years ago. Honestly cannot speak to any entry/exit points that may not be manned though. I know any point that I became familiar with was all guarded in one way or another.

From what I remember they were doing ID checks within the last 3-4 years and it was done by MP's or uniformed members, unknown what the process is now with COVID. They did have a spot that those with Military ID's could use a punch code or something to gain entry but I'm not positive on the extent of that. Visitors had to obtain a pass from the visitor center and pretty much everything was checked upon entry. I had entry on base for school work and a relationship about 5+ years ago. Honestly cannot speak to any entry/exit points that may not be manned though. I know any point that I became familiar with was all guarded in one way or another.

Interesting, I wonder when they swapped back to using military personnel for the gates instead of civilian contractors. Perhaps the civilians were only hired during high deployment periods?

My job required that I work at different locations and with a number of different units so I unfortunately became familiar with having to use a variety of different gates. They did not yet have checkpoints with a punch code yet when I was there.

Interesting, I wonder when they swapped back to using military personnel for the gates instead of civilian contractors. Perhaps the civilians were only hired during high deployment periods?

My job required that I work at different locations and with a number of different units so I unfortunately became familiar with having to use a variety of different gates. They did not yet have checkpoints with a punch code yet when I was there.

That's a possibility, I would say that or it was a trial and error thing? I really can't speak for it but I would be curious to know why the switch as well. But as you stated exiting base is pretty much a free for all so as long as someone had access to the base in some form or fashion, they would have no problem exiting without any form of documentation.

Ft Hood Exits

Are there ways to leave Ft. Hood (as a military member) without exiting through
a check out point?
Please facts only and not speculations

I live near a different US Army installation, and thru itinerant teaching have had a contractor post pass. I was on post in January, February, and March, but the class was completed before the district's Spring Break in March. This pass is specific to this post and is now expired.

This post has MPs check ID for everyone coming on post, driver & passengers must have photo ID. I was never sent over to Vehicle Search, but have been behind cars that were. My contractor pass did not allow me to bring a guest. (My colleague is a military spouse, her pass is good at any US military installation & covers at least one guest.)

Main gate exit was 2 lanes. One day there were barricades narrowing to one lane, staffed by MPs. Whatever they were looking for, it didn't involve old ladies driving little Honda grocery-getters, I rolled through.

Another gate is single lane outbound. I was never stopped but one day did notice MPs having a rather serious conversation with the driver of an outbound vehicle.

YMMV

IMO if she was taken or killed by someone (aka if this isn't an awol or suicide situation- which I don't think it is) then I believe it was a fellow soldier or someone who has been vetted and has specific permission to go on base.

One of our employees had a suspended license for unpaid property taxes and he's not allowed on base until he provides a certified letter from the court showing he's paid. They're strict regarding access
I went on my local base yesterday to scope things out and a woman in front of us was denied access (they made her turn around) and only the big "main" gate was open. And this is weeks after Vanessa went missing, when things were much more tense and IMO more locked down. My state is slowly opening today, but they are still being very strict on base here. I think bases were more or less locked down- in terms of who was allowed on base- 3 weeks ago.

Also I ALWAYS have that weird feeling I'm being watched whenever I'm on base. I'd be very surprised if there weren't cameras all around. I'd think there would be plenty of footage available to comb through.

I think a) this was someone who is in the army and b) we won't hear much of anything until there's an arrest or a publicly named POI which I think will be sooner than later. At least I hope so.

All of this is just my opinion and personal experience at a different army base so take that as you wish!!

By Leigh Egan

Where is Vanessa Guillen? Up to $15K reward offered for information that leads to beloved missing Fort Hood soldier

Guillen left behind her car keys, barracks room key, identification card, and wallet in the Arms room, where she works.

Guillen’s sister told CrimeOnline’s Nancy Grace that Guillen spoke with her boyfriend on the day she disappeared, shortly before she was supposed to go to work.

“The last time we spoke was on Tuesday afternoon,” Guillen’s sister, Mayra Guillen, said. “Her boyfriend was the last one to speak to her on Wednesday before going into work. She was happier than ever…Everything was completely fine.”

Guillen’s boyfriend contacted Mayra at around noon on Wednesday and said that Guillen’s iPhone messages were not being read.

Guillen is of Hispanic descent, stands 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighs 126 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes. She has three tattoos: a cross with a flower and a flower, both on her left arm, and a mountain on her upper left shoulder. She also has a mole on the left side of her chin.

More @ link
With questions by NG
Answered by Vanessa's sister
Check back for updates.
Glad Leigh is on this.......

Last edited:

When you say 'here' where is 'here'? Wasn't she stationed at Ft. Campbell?

IMO if she was taken or killed by someone (aka if this isn't an awol or suicide situation- which I don't think it is) then I believe it was a fellow soldier or someone who has been vetted and has specific permission to go on base.

One of our employees had a suspended license for unpaid property taxes and he's not allowed on base until he provides a certified letter from the court showing he's paid. They're strict regarding access
I went on my local base yesterday to scope things out and a woman in front of us was denied access (they made her turn around) and only the big "main" gate was open. And this is weeks after Vanessa went missing, when things were much more tense and IMO more locked down. My state is slowly opening today, but they are still being very strict on base here. I think bases were more or less locked down- in terms of who was allowed on base- 3 weeks ago.

Also I ALWAYS have that weird feeling I'm being watched whenever I'm on base. I'd be very surprised if there weren't cameras all around. I'd think there would be plenty of footage available to comb through.

I think a) this was someone who is in the army and b) we won't hear much of anything until there's an arrest or a publicly named POI which I think will be sooner than later. At least I hope so.

All of this is just my opinion and personal experience at a different army base so take that as you wish!!

One thing that I think people don't realize that it's in fact, very easy to get on base. They don't check every person in the car- only the driver. It could have been someone that brought another person on base, and then took their chance. It would've been much easier for a driver to drive up, and then someone jump out and grab her. My gut tells me it was just someone that she knew and maybe even trusted, and they asked her to get in the car.

The thing that gets me is the cameras. I know that there has to be some kind of recording of her and/or cars that went/came from that direction. Everyone kept saying that we would be hearing news, but not a single update on the case! It's truly frightening to know that a predator is out there roaming the base.

Did you all hear of the soldier in the 3rd Cav(like her), that apparently died from a single gunshot wound to the head? It was listed as accidental discharge of weapon...kinda suspicious to me!

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...sing-fort-hood-soldiers-family-awaits-answers

SABBM:
Mayra said she believes it is highly unlikely that Vanessa disappeared on her own. Her sister showed no signs of suicidal behaviors or conflicts between family or her friends, Mayra told the American-Statesman.

Mayra said her sister was very loyal to the chain of command in the U.S. Army, so if someone did take her it could have been a supervisor.

“It would have been obvious if she was forced into a vehicle,” Mayra Guillen said, noting her sister was last seen in the middle of a work day. “It had to have been someone she couldn’t say no to. I’m asking to investigate her chain of command.”

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Fort Hood closed three of its gates to help control the spread of the virus and limit base access. However, neither Fort Hood nor U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command officials have yet to say how tightened protocols sparked by the pandemic could have made it even more difficult for Guillen to disappear unnoticed.

Mayra said because it appears officials are only searching on base, investigators must believe she never left.

Vanessa Guillen’s sister said investigators have deemed false previous reports that the soldier’s phone was last tracked at a tower in Belton.

Interesting!

I was talking to a friend of mine several days ago and we had both agreed that one possible scenario is that VG might have been involved in a relationship with a superior.

JMO.

I know the last seen was at 1:00 pm in the parking lot, not known if that sighting is by camera or person. So was she walking? Standing still? What direction was she heading? Surely they know that. If she was standing still she was probably waiting for someone, if walking, it was in some direction. If no one saw her after 1 in the car park, and a camera has not picked her up anywhere else what does that mean? Not enough cameras? No one out to see? There has to be more.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member