Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I love best about WS, he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't speak up.
I agree with those who say his daughters should not be out in front, they have probably lost their mother and their tears won't bring her back.

This is an interesting video plea. It's not clear who he's addressing. He throws in "they," indicating she's been taken, but never really directly makes a plea to them. It's like he's talking to her. I'm not sure if he's scared she's been abducted, or concerned that she left him.

IMO, families of the missing often times believe there’s not enough being done or LE is focusing in the wrong direction. They don’t understand the legal process and that you can’t just grab people up and rough them up for info, dig up their backyard, enter their homes and the list goes on. Within reason, they get a pass on this. They are experiencing the worst of their lives. LE is use to dealing with this. It’s an art (IMO) to deal with a wrecked family that for the most part will be kept in the dark with investigation details.

Because of this, some families go rogue, sometimes to the detriment to the case, sometimes by being a little bit of a pain to LE but still manageable. In most cases they are just desperate. It’s all just terrible.

(IMO)

"Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there that can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back.
We love you, we miss you, your girls need you.
No questions asked, however much they want, I will do whatever it takes to get you back.
Honey I love you and I want you back so bad."
Suppose he is telling the truth. Suppose it is an abductor. Husband may be talking directly to the person who took her for pleasure/murder and telling them he will pay anything to get her back. She may not be alive but just suppose she is and someone just wanted her. No money. Just dealing with a sick twisted individual. There are a lot of them out there.

All along I have had a shady business dealings, "Ozarks" type family feeling and seeing the video from the husband has done nothing to lessen that feeling.

I don't think it's a secret to le,hubby, certain business partners what likely happened, I think they're leaning on the hubby to be more forthright with everyone they (morphow's) have business dealings even if it's shows a detriment to their lawfulness in those dealings.

IMO
This is oddly still in my possibilities. I don’t think it’s the most likely, but I can’t discount it either.

This is what I love best about WS, he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't speak up.
I agree with those who say his daughters should not be out in front, they have probably lost their mother and their tears won't bring her back.

You can pretty much set your watch by it:

So, where's the spouse pleading video?
-spouse posts the pleading video-
YEP, we knew it, total fraud!

Of course I say this in jest, but we all know it's true. ;)

Sometimes the spouse (or other family member) IS lying their face off.
Sometimes they're 100% innocent and just come off sketchy or unconvincing for some other legit reason.
I was born gifted with what they call "resting **tch face".
If I were the spouse in the pleading video, hands down everyone would think I'm lying, for that reason alone.

It's just the way it works out.
There really isn't a loophole when it comes to human nature.

I do hope BM is sincere and hope even more that SM is alive and will return home safely.

jmo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

What is also odd is no plea from the daughters .
Why ?
I'm assuming they are missing her terribly. :(
Are they afraid of someone ?
Did the alleged kidnapper tell them to shut up and not say anything about Suzanne ?
The daughters aren't in captivity.
Nothing is keeping them from speaking out.
So what is going on ?
You are right to wonder !

The last official photo was from SM's FB which was in 2018.
That's why I asked if she worked anywhere or had friends who for some reason haven't spoken up ?
And yes agreed about recent info or at least photos.
OOO (One's Own Opinion)

I would love to be wrong and Suzanne has disappeared of her own volition out of fear and is safely hiding--- or just needing to break away and there was only one way to do this.
Please let me be waaaay off and no one has her imprisoned.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first impression of the video is that’s what I’d expect to see from someone who thinks their spouse ran away voluntarily (maybe to be with someone else).
  • Adresses her the whole time like she’s in control of this.
  • “your girls need you” emotional/guilt plea.
  • “No questions asked“
  • “ I want you back so bad”
The problem with this is I don’t see LE reacting the way they did if there was any reason to believe she left voluntarily.

Okay, I'll play. A couple of people here have stated why they think the daughters should NOT be paraded out for a public plea (to protect them physically and psychologically). Keeping in mind they are minor/near minors, I'd like to hear your take on what good it would do the investigation to have them come out and cry/plead in front of us?
I definitely don’t think they should be in front of cameras. Has the family spokesperson been on camera yet? I’ve only heard his voice.

Way back in posts was it established the d.a. was already involved along with fbi?

After re-watching the Sheriff's presser from Friday evening, he mentioned both the CBI and the FBI were brought in by request of the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office.
He never mentioned the DA at all, as far as I know.

After watching BM’s plea, call me naive, but I believed he was sincere and is shaken by all of this. He looks a wreck! I don’t believe it’s a kidnapping perhaps he feels this way because she has not been found.
I just hope I’m right because I was wrong with the Chris Watts case. :rolleyes:

I didn’t find it odd that it was a FB video, it’s possible LE agreed to it instead of a media one.

As far as him posting the $100,000 right away, they could have IRA’s or Roth accounts and took it from there. Most people usually don’t keep that much money in a bank account anyway.

After re-watching the Sheriff's presser from Friday evening, he mentioned both the CBI and the FBI were brought in by request of the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office.
He never mentioned the DA at all, as far as I know.

This is from the 13th, bbm:

"In conjunction with the search the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the disappearance of Ms Morphew. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort."

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

Side note: I just noticed that they also mentioned Fremont County SO. That's interesting. Wondering if they're just helping with manpower since they're adjacent.

Well, pooh. I felt the video was sincere, but I have a problem with the method. He was silent for a whole week and absent from the presser. Then he puts out a short video absent of media and questions. Problem is it could have taken 100 takes to get that level of sincerity, or maybe not—maybe he just likes to be in control and that’s his way of doing things. But thing is now it’ll be a question. Sigh.

If there really is a question of kidnapping for ransom, he would most likely have been working with the FBI and CBI over exactly what to say, how to say it, and where to post it. It could have taken most of a week to work out the details, and yes, 100 takes until they were all satisfied it hit just the right note.

A ransom request would explain the FBI's early involvement. It would explain the delay in getting any statement out.

Hmmm. Not sure what I think now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member