Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see from the article they had a hearing today - so I shall post this.

Wednesday, May 20th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 10am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel Relowicz (24) arrested (2/6/19 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (10/30/19) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet.
Trial was set to begin on 6/8/20. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 4 weeks. Trial moved to Jan. 2021 due to coronavirus & expected to last 6 weeks.
Was originally charged (3/18/19 & 5/10/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On 8/12/19 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.

Court info from 10/31/19 thru 3/18/20 reference post #868 here:
Found Deceased - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

4/30/20 Update: Relowicz was not present in court due to a booking error at Wakefield Prison, where he is being held. Both last week, and this week, Relowicz was due to be in the hearing, although communication issues at the prison stopped him from being so. However, his defence barrister Dale Brook was asked to relay to him what had been said during the hearing. trial is due to start on June 8 this year. There will be a further hearing on May 20.

from the article:

The Judge told Relowicz he will stand trial on January 11 next year. The trial is expected to last six weeks - longer than what was first anticipated because of the pandemic.

He said: "Because of the Covid-19 crisis, your trial in June must be adjourned.

"It has been adjourned until Monday, January 11, 2021.

edited to add:

Relowicz will appear before the court again on November 30, but will stand trial on Monday, January 11.

I was asked to look into this case, as I'm Polish and able to translate something for you all, but sadly, information about that case in Polish media is very scarce, even nonexistent. I didn't find any national news covering this case in the slightest. Not even a mention. Only some of online portals dedicated to Polish immigrants in the UK posted about this, but the info is essentially the same as in any other news website in the UK.
Of course if something new transpires, I'd be glad to help in any way I can. For now, consider it as a bump.

Welcome! I think I mentioned it to you on the newbie thread, so thanks for popping over here. Sometimes it’s just useful for us to get insight about cultures and lifestyle in other countries, too. You are now our Poland Correspondent :)

from the article:

The Judge told Relowicz he will stand trial on January 11 next year. The trial is expected to last six weeks - longer than what was first anticipated because of the pandemic.

edited to add:

Relowicz will appear before the court again on November 30, but will stand trial on Monday, January 11.

But that in the midst of virus season. Lets hope the current pandemic doesn't resurge next October to March.

There is a case management hearing on 11/30/20 & trial should start 1/11/21.

Such a long time for the trial to start. Has this date been written in USA arrangement or UK? Is that 1st November 2021 or 11th January 2021?

Coronavirus delays Libby Squire murder trial 'until new year'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members