Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments from KDVR reporter, Gregory Nieto said the Chaffee sheriff is not releasing any details.

And there it is. Case followers and "sleuthers," who are just members of the public afterall, will be left cooling their heels.

The way to know what's going on in a case is to be a member of the LE team or connected with the case directly.

LE did not know about the video BM made.
They didn't ???? :eek:
As in --they found out around the same time as the rest of us ?
Wonder what they think about it ?
Inquiring minds want to know....
Eta : It's known that BM and LE are working this case separately.
Not sure that's a good idea. Imo.

Last edited:
Long time watcher, first time posting. This may have been posted already, it’s been moving fast!
Last year firefighter calendar tryouts were in Denver May 11, 2019. Mothers Day was the 12th. For the 2021 calendar it was May 9 from 6-10 pm
Home - Colorado Firefighter Calendar

However a pop up came up and said it was cancelled.

Long time watcher, first time posting. This may have been posted already, it’s been moving fast!
Last year firefighter calendar tryouts were in Denver May 11, 2019. Mothers Day was the 12th. For the 2021 calendar it was May 9 from 6-10 pm

Glad to have you here with us and posting :)

Things don't look good. :(
  • The 49-year-old has not been heard from since May 9 and a bike owned by the mother-of-two was recovered from a bridge close to her home on May 10
  • DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters Mallory and Macy who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother’s Day
  • They asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing
  • Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, said he was away in Denver when she vanished - DailyMail.com can reveal he hasn't been allowed to enter the house
  • Police also have Barry's car and his cell phone
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
This article says her bike was found on a bridge. Had that been reported before?

Thanks for information about cancelled firefighter tryout calendar. Welcome to Websleuths

From the previous thread:
Pak31 said:
Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.

The Daily Mail story says that she WAS happy there....maybe you misread?

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Also, I don't think there was ever ANY truth to the claim that SM told a neighbor if she didn't return to call the police. I think someone simply made that assumption on social media and it caught legs like it was fact, but there was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim imo.

Has anyone checked the jail inmate roster ??? although now that the local reporters have been scooped by the dailymail - they might be doing that now
JMO

AFAIK the county doesn't post a public inmate list for their detention center; one has to actually contact the Sheriff's Office for confirmation someone is being held.

Well that's an outstanding first post. Welcome to Websleuths!

From the previous thread:
Pak31 said:
Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.

The Daily Mail story says that she WAS happy there....maybe you misread?

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Also, I don't think there was ever ANY truth to the claim that SM told a neighbor if she didn't return to call the police. I think someone simply made that assumption on social media and it caught legs like it was fact, but there was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim imo.
Her family said she was very happy in colorado. Where does it say she wasn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500