Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husbands pretty sure it's luminol

I was curious if it had to be stored in a solid (not clear) bottle but the SDS (safety data sheet) does not seem to indicate that. It almost looks like a bottle a liquid substance was transferred to, not the original. (IMO)

If not, hand sanitizer?

Last edited:
28619534-8340119-image-m-54_1589980508161.jpg

Is that carpet?

That's definitely Carpet IMO

It matches the same color and frizz that I have seen in the zillow images of the bedroom.

If you zoom in you can see it even more clearly IMO. No way that's a paper bag

I'm curious to know the state of her bike. (Also curious who exactly said she was going for a bike ride that day).

One possible scenario, depending where she was riding, was someone in a vehicle knocking her down, accidentally or deliberately. If that happened, the bike would show some sign of damage.

I'm also curious about the police shutting the house down so quickly and completely.

I've got a working theory IF....
could have verified once & for darn all about the sighting of her leaving on a bike ride Sunday morning

Nancy Grace has a report the neighbor saw her leave on her bike at 8am - that's pretty specific

Now, Daily Mail says ' sadly no one ever saw her on her bike' (words to that effect)

Last CONTACT was Saturday May 9

I'd really like to know
#1 - when was the last time anyone spoke to her (or claimed to, ahem!!)
#2 when was she last seen

With LE not handling this as a stranger abduction....

Not warning the community about a predatory person....

Their home is having evidence removed from it......

Their surveillance just conveniently went offline four days before she was reported missing......

Depending on when she was last actually HEARD from - spoken to - not text
OR
When she was last seen (again the perp could lie about these two things)

Then I'm speculating she was, I hate to say it, murdered well before Sunday

I'm wondering if a perp could, for instance, have a computer wherein she's logged into facebook & post as if they are her - & it wouldn't be tracked via GPS

If perp was stupid enough to take her phone & pretend to be her: said perp is getting nailed pronto.....

Anyway...where my thoughts are leading.....

JMO

Well they just answered a bunch of questions. As most of us thought... She was never seen on the bike, girls were on their way back from a camping trip and couldn't get a hold of mom. The neighbor called police after being asked by the girls to check in on their mom when she couldn't be reached. Now the question is, did the girls talk to mom the day before? Or when was the last time they talked? When did Barry last talk to her? And when did he leave for Denver? They said she just got cleared for cancer... Are these pictures updated? How old are the pics we are seeing? Is her hair short, is she tired? Did the girls make plans with their mom for that Mother's Day evening?

If the girls were on a camping trip, I seriously doubt they could have contacted mom by phone or by text. At least, that's my experience in the Colorado, California and especially Idaho mountains. Most camping spots have no cell service. Of course, it's possible they were not in some remote Idaho place - but it's very possible that they were. If they left camp on Sunday morning (which it sounds like they may have), then they would have been trying to get Mom on the phone or by text by Mother's Day. Many young people still use phone calls on Mother's Day.

I think there's a strong possibility the girls were doing SaH someplace other than the family home, because they were still involved in school/social activities. I'll bet it wasn't just the two of them who went camping, but probably a group of young friends.

We still haven't seen any recent pictures of Suzanne. All of the pictures seem to be from her FB or Instagram and about 2 years old, IMO.

bbm
This is huge. ^^^
Thanks !

So, did the calendar photographers neglect to let people know it was canceled, and the tryout men showed up anyway ?
Anything else going on in Denver ?
Speculation : At this time, I'd like to know what information can be gleaned from gps on the vehicles.
Imo.

I can think of other ways this played out. Try-outs scheduled, everyone tells their spouses, makes arrangements. They make hotel arrangements, plan to arrive a little early. Try-outs cancelled, some of the participants fail to notify their spouses of this and proceed to have a nice time in Denver. Would not be the first time participants of something that was canceled did this.

Idaho is a 13 hour drive from Salida. Who did they go with. Are we sure this was idaho state not idaho springs? Who on earth would go camping in idaho when they live in colorado? Someone help me understand...
Idaho is known for potatoes colorado for mountains. My mind is going to explode
I don’t know if it was a statewide order for Colorado but the campgrounds in the Colorado counties I was in were all closed due to COVID.

Maybe they were invited by a friend who lives in or is familiar with Idaho. Maybe they wanted to go to a particular area that was recommended. There could be many reasons why they went camping in Idaho instead of in Colorado.

It's also possible they went to Idaho because more places were open. We've been going crazy locally in my state, trying to figure out which places were open and which weren't. We spent Mother's Day at a state park that had reopened the day before - but no camping, only one restroom open. Other state parks were still closed and folks were warned that some state and federal lands were 'open' but staff might not get around to opening the gates right away.

Updated!

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive:
Suzanne Morphew -CO- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this and scroll:
5/20/20 Barry Morphew

edited to add, I label the pics with the publish date unless I know the actual date.
For example, I'm guessing pics of Barry and CSI were taken yesterday, whereas pics of the Fooses reservoir dive were taken 5/17.

But they can do all that in colorado.

Our family has been looking to go camping, but since all of the Covid-19 restrictions, all of our state campgrounds are still closed. I looked up Idaho and CO--Idaho state park camping is closed until May 30, but it looks like CO camping is open already. I'd say nearby camping would be the more logical choice, unless they had reservations somewhere that Idaho still allowed them to use? Or they went backcountry camping that might still be allowed even with Covid-19 restrictions? But yes, I would still say CO makes more sense for camping. I'm not sure of the significance of that, though, as I've learned from experience that young adults/teenagers have a different mindset.

There's also a bridge crossing Fooses Creek, also on the country road 225, which is even closer to her home.

IMO IF BM killed her and then got rid of her, I really doubt she’s very close or easy to find as I mentioned earlier, but I could be totally wrong of course. With his job experience, etc., he would know the anticipatory scale of wilderness searches, especially by his own fire team wanting to help (even though they’re not allowed to), etc. He would know all about dogs, basic SAR procedures, etc., I would presume.

Plus there is the element of having time.

Could be a total red herring, the bike and item, as many of you have already discussed.

Question is if those were hastily planted, IF they were planted, or if some thought really went into it.

I wonder if cadaver dogs hit on the house, as they did and are heard barking in the infamous CW “porch video”.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the husband be expected to call her on Mother's Day too? Unless the daughters called first and notified their father. But he'd try to call later, right?
Absolutely! I'm sure it will show up on records that he called every night or in between breaks. But, if the phone was dead, that would have raised concerns so....but not unless her phone was plugged in recharging.

Maybe the volunteer fire service in CO is different than here on the east coast, but it’s not uncommon for volunteer or city paid fireman to travel extensively for training. My husband has gone as far as Texas. Others have gone all the way to CA. Disaster City in College Station TX is a one of a kind training. I’m not saying he did or didn’t go, but firefighters do travel for training. That said, all trainings here in DE have been cancelled since Covid.

I'm a fire wife too out here in Colorado and I know a lot of vollies. There are two main reasons I think a firefighting training in Denver seems unlikely:

1) Most trainings have been postponed or cancelled due to COVID. The annual National Fire Academy in MD is a good example. Even the highest level officers in big career departments aren't allowed to travel for major training right now.

2) There's little reason for a volunteer firefighter (especially a non-officer) in Chaffee County to ever need to travel far for training. Colorado Fire Camp is basically the pinnacle of wildland training and it happens to be just down the road. Firefighters from all over the state actually come to Chaffee County for training at Fire Camp. There's ample opportunities for structural firefighting training hosted by these departments themselves and orgs like Colorado Mountain College.

FWIW, I don't think the family or BM himself have ever said that he was out-of-town for anything related to firefighting. I think they've just said he was out of town for business, which very well could've been for his day job.

I was curious about the tshirt that BM is wearing in a photo in DM article.

28619682-8340119-image-a-58_1589980599067.jpg

Apparently 'Nine Line' brand tshirt with the 'Drop Line' logo has the following meaning:

Basic Tee - Nine Line Drop

The Drop Line is iconic to the Nine Line brand. When Tyler Merritt, one of our founders, was a Black Hawk pilot in the army, and one of his primary objectives was to utilize the Nine Line medevac to remove injured soldiers from the battlefield. The Drop Line symbolizes this evac situation, with the helicopter at the top, and the rope coming down into the Nine Line name. It represents our company's veteran roots, and our giveback mentality as a company, always striving to be our brothers' keeper. Get one of our most popular tees today!

Question: Is BM a vet?

Our family has been looking to go camping, but since all of the Covid-19 restrictions, all of our state campgrounds are still closed. I looked up Idaho and CO--Idaho state park camping is closed until May 30, but it looks like CO camping is open already. I'd say nearby camping would be the more logical choice, unless they had reservations somewhere that Idaho still allowed them to use? Or they went backcountry camping that might still be allowed even with Covid-19 restrictions? But yes, I would still say CO makes more sense for camping. I'm not sure of the significance of that, though, as I've learned from experience that young adults/teenagers have a different mindset.

Perhaps they were on private property?

I’m behind, so this may already have been brought up. But IMO, if it were a stranger or a stalker, they wouldn’t have taken possession of BM’s phone or car. Also, if he’s still in the landscape business in CO, his supposed work trip to Denver may have been related to that. Landscapers have still been working through the Safe at Home orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz