GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
URGENT- PLEASE HELP TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS RUNNING ...
  1. Right now there are over one hundred members online and 445 guests . I know that @Tricia is too polite to keep asking but I’m bumping this post because WEBSLEUTHS is an amazing site and just its presence in my life at a difficult time, got me through! I was able to lose myself in WS . Like the 445 guests right now, I was a lurker , a watcher and see what happens for a long time before I took the courage to sign up. Guys and Gals - WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS SITE . Please, only if you are able, consider donating. Every $1 matters and if all 445 of you lurkers only ever gave this $1 right now, you are still having WS in your life for as long as you want it. Even if you can’t afford anything because of the extraordinary circumstances that the world finds itself in right now, that’s ok. But because of COVID 19, this beloved site is at critical because of lost revenue yet @Tricia still has to pay the bills . So please if you are able to afford anything at all, no matter how large or small , please consider donating. One member mentioned that the link to donate wasn’t the preferred method. If that’s the case then post on here for Tricia’s or a mods attention or message them . But either way, please , if you can , help WS to stay up and running. We are a community here , almost family like . I for one couldn’t not have WS in my life. Peace to all and stay safe.
Write your reply...

Honestly I was not scared at the time. What I felt was anger and frustration with these people who played God with my life.

My brother did the same to me, with a .22 LR, when we were young and growing up in a violent household. It angered me so I said 'Go ahead, shoot me! Do it!' Fortunately, he aimed the rifle away from me.

Reactions: nao
URGENT- PLEASE HELP TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS RUNNING ...
  1. Right now there are over one hundred members online and 445 guests . I know that @Tricia is too polite to keep asking but I’m bumping this post because WEBSLEUTHS is an amazing site and just its presence in my life at a difficult time, got me through! I was able to lose myself in WS . Like the 445 guests right now, I was a lurker , a watcher and see what happens for a long time before I took the courage to sign up. Guys and Gals - WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS SITE . Please, only if you are able, consider donating. Every $1 matters and if all 445 of you lurkers only ever gave this $1 right now, you are still having WS in your life for as long as you want it. Even if you can’t afford anything because of the extraordinary circumstances that the world finds itself in right now, that’s ok. But because of COVID 19, this beloved site is at critical because of lost revenue yet @Tricia still has to pay the bills . So please if you are able to afford anything at all, no matter how large or small , please consider donating. One member mentioned that the link to donate wasn’t the preferred method. If that’s the case then post on here for Tricia’s or a mods attention or message them . But either way, please , if you can , help WS to stay up and running. We are a community here , almost family like . I for one couldn’t not have WS in my life. Peace to all and stay safe.
Write your reply...

Is there a donate button or a Patreon? I tried searching for something that resembles it on the website, but wasn't able to find it.

Can't point you to a video -but IF TM did NOT have his finger on the trigger - how did the shot gun go off??
It's been noted that TM did give a statement saying that his finger was on the trigger.

If the gun was in an upright position and lowered to his waist in a firing position or if it was lowered and brought up to his waist in a firing position, the theory would be if AA grabbed the barrel and "pulled" the long gun towards himself in an effort to disarm TM, it would surely go off. Which would indicate the injury to his wrist/hand.

Most shotguns that I know of have very light trigger pulls. If we new the manufactor/model, we could be able to determine what it is.

I suspect this will be brought up in trial. If it makes it that far.

Moo.

Last edited:
It really makes me sick that there are people on this thread that continue to place blame on the victim, AA. And stating as a fact that he’s dead because he “grabbed” a gun. THEY STALKED AND CORNERED HIM. (MOO, but video also backs that up, so that’s a FACT). He had no other choice but to defend himself. HE showed self defense. Not the two morons that chased him down the road guns a blazin’. The point is, they had no right to shoot him dead in the middle of the road. He didn’t steal anything. He wasn’t hurting anyone. He was out for a jog. STOP blaming the victim! How would you feel if your brother or uncle or son were shot dead in cold blood while doing something they did often, and it was posted about on a forum like this and people kept blaming HIM for his death? I know we all aren’t going to have the same opinion.. but damn.. why do people keep saying what he did was wrong and because he grabbed the gun he deserved (what’s being implied) to die. He had his whole life ahead of him. And it was ended because 2 idiots decided to take the “law” into their own hands. All because of what AA looked like. This world disgusts me. This is supposed to be a victim friendly site.. and it’s disappointed me in this thread because there is no reason whatsoever that AA should be blamed for his death. His past has nothing to do with the day he was killed.

As always, MOO.

Lately I've been repelled by video aired on the news, and other sources, showing the victim and other police encounters. I believe that there is a concerted effort to bias people against the victim and I find that shameful. Just like saying that a woman that's raped asked for it or has a past. Both videos that I've seen show AA or AA and friends being stopped and searched. And both times they were let go. SMH!

It really makes me sick that there are people on this thread that continue to place blame on the victim, AA. And stating as a fact that he’s dead because he “grabbed” a gun. THEY STALKED AND CORNERED HIM. (MOO, but video also backs that up, so that’s a FACT). He had no other choice but to defend himself. HE showed self defense. Not the two morons that chased him down the road guns a blazin’. The point is, they had no right to shoot him dead in the middle of the road. He didn’t steal anything. He wasn’t hurting anyone. He was out for a jog. STOP blaming the victim! How would you feel if your brother or uncle or son were shot dead in cold blood while doing something they did often, and it was posted about on a forum like this and people kept blaming HIM for his death? I know we all aren’t going to have the same opinion.. but damn.. why do people keep saying what he did was wrong and because he grabbed the gun he deserved (what’s being implied) to die. He had his whole life ahead of him. And it was ended because 2 idiots decided to take the “law” into their own hands. All because of what AA looked like. This world disgusts me. This is supposed to be a victim friendly site.. and it’s disappointed me in this thread because there is no reason whatsoever that AA should be blamed for his death. His past has nothing to do with the day he was killed.

As always, MOO.
100% agree.

Lately I've been repelled by video aired on the news, and other sources, showing the victim and other police encounters. I believe that there is a concerted effort to bias people against the victim and I find that shameful. Just like saying that a woman that's raped asked for it or has a past. Both videos that I've seen show AA or AA and friends being stopped and searched. And both times they were let go. SMH!

I'm aware of the video of him being questioned in the park and released without his vehicle.

What other video are you talking about with friends where he was searched and he was let go?

It's been noted that TM did give a statement saying that his finger was on the trigger.

If the gun was in an upright position and lowered to his waist in a firing position or if it was lowered and brought up to his waist in a firing position, the theory would be if AA grabbed the barrel and "pulled" the long gun towards himself in an effort to disarm TM, it would surely go off. Which would indicate the injury to his wrist/hand.

Most shotguns that I know of have very light trigger pulls. If we new the manufactor/model, we could be able to determine what it is.

I suspect this will be brought up in trial. If it makes it that far.

Moo.
I have always been told that you should never put your finger on the trigger until you have a target in sight AND are ready to shoot.

It seems to me Travis was ready to shoot before Arbery tried to take the gun from him. I wonder if his father had his finger on the trigger, too.

Imo

I have always been told that you should never put your finger on the trigger until you have a target in sight AND are ready to shoot.

It seems to me Travis was ready to shoot before Arbery tried to take the gun from him. I wonder if his father had his finger on the trigger, too.

Imo

I'm sure the jury will take that into consideration. I guess TM didn't take the same classes I did or heard the same things you did.

Reactions: nao
Can't point you to a video -but IF TM did NOT have his finger on the trigger - how did the shot gun go off??
exactly....not sure why the debate continues - it's so very clear to most everyone what went down here. glad to see the DA finally got it right. awaiting arrest on the other(s) involved.
JMO

Was TM screaming at AA as he swerved, then ran to the right of the truck?

We know from the 911 call that GM was yelling "stop, stop it, dam-n it" exactly then. Roddy is recording and silent. Does anyone else hear what I hear every time I listen to Roddy's tape?

What I hear is a man's voice which IMO absolutely sounds threatening and angry, yelling something unintelligible (I think it relates to AA's movements), then, pretty clearly: "stop running, s-hithead."

The relevant portion of the tape is titled "camera" in the link below (an article with legal analysis of the video). I'd be interested to know if anyone else hears the same thing.

Ahmaud Arbery shooting video: Legal experts explain key frames

If that is TM's voice and he is yelling what I hear, IMO it's evidence that helps establish it was TM who initiated the lethal "fight" ending with AA's death.

(No matter how they are instructed, I'm sure any jury seated for TM's trial will discuss who initiated the "fight." And I agree with the analysis that (however instructed on the law) what they determine on that point will be crucial, maybe even determinative, to their verdict).

exactly....not sure why the debate continues - it's so very clear to most everyone what went down here. glad to see the DA finally got it right. awaiting arrest on the other(s) involved.
JMO

The debate about his finger being on the trigger was resolved yesterday.

Well, DA Barnhill concluded that even though TM's fingers were on the trigger, AA may well have shot himself. Three times.
Respectfully, Barnhill isn't the jury.

A jury doesn't convict or acquit on feels or emotions. They convict or acquit on facts.

This is an ongoing investigation and 99% of the folks in here already have TM and GM sitting in ole sparky or in front of a firing squad.

We all already know of a similar case that seems to be going in the direction of this one and it went 180 degrees from which people were expecting.

Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members