Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hoping too that there will be a conclusion soon and Suzanne will be found.

It would be a nightmare if they will not be able to find her.
It's already exceeded a "nightmare" day 1. I join you and agree on conclusion soon-hoping she walks out of woods up to a stranger and says Hi, I'm Suzanne Morphew

I do not ever remember a case where no height or weight was given to the public for the missing person... Maybe I am just missing it ?....moo
Could possibly be that she had recently recovered from a long-term health issue and had lost weight? Trying to avoid describing her physical image...I don't know...JMO

She must be physically healthy enough now though, because bike ride or no bike ride, she at least would have been capable of doing so. No one has questioned that. Only if she actually was seen on a bike that day.

Per Nancy Grace..at 5:45 at https://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/ "She goes on a bike ride on Mother's Day in the afternoon. She's reported missing by neighbors at 6 pm. I believe husband is 150 miles away in Denver on Mother's Day, but hey! that's just 3 hours if you are going 60 mph and you stop once to go to the bathroom. So, Nicole Partin, with that in mind, tell me what you know.

Yes Nancy, 49 year old mom missing, and apparently it's her next door neighbor that alerts authorities. She sees her and knows that she is headed out on the bikeride................."

Where is Nicole Partin getting this info?
Good question?

In the Daily Mail article the neighbor refuses to comment, but a family friend said ‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

In the DM article, that quote above is sourced, I don't think Nicole's statement is? Take that for what you will.

Since LE said she "reportedly" took a bike ride I'm assuming they got that information from the caller. Whether she saw her or was told by one of the daughters is not known. Jmo

Perhaps...but to split hairs on LE's statement, lol:

Would not they simply state the neighbor is reporting her missing after she didn't return on a bike ride - LE does NOT state that...they state that with 'further investigation'....we've got this purported bike ride

Would it require an 'investigation' to determine the bike ride if the neighbor is saying this from second #1 - ?

Again: the lack of a physical description leads me to believe no one saw her leave on a bike ride, in fact, I'd say no one saw her AT ALL that day - because we'd have a description of what she was last seen wearing

JMO

[QUOTE="Knox, post: 16086601,

At 6:59, a reporter asks, "is the husband cooperating"? Sheriff Spezze's answer was, "yes he's been cooperative at this point, we hope he continues to do so".[/QUOTE]
BBM snipped

When this press conference was live, this statement really shocked me. Says a great deal about the case.

Per Nancy Grace..at 5:45 at https://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/ on May 19 podcast... "She goes on a bike ride on Mother's Day in the afternoon. She's reported missing by neighbors at 6 pm. I believe husband is 150 miles away in Denver on Mother's Day, but hey! that's just 3 hours if you are going 60 mph and you stop once to go to the bathroom. So, Nicole Partin, with that in mind, tell me what you know.

Yes Nancy, 49 year old mom missing, and apparently it's her next door neighbor that alerts authorities. She sees her and knows that she is headed out on the bikeride................." (e.d. If neighbor saw her that day, why no description like we had with Sierra Joughin?)

"...neighbor called because it was getting dark..." (e.d. dark at 6 pm???)

"husband lawyered up"

Where is Nicole Partin getting this info?
Darkness comes a lot earlier than the listed time of sunset in the mountains, due to the mountains, especially east of the mountains. The area is east of Monarch Mountain and others. Possibly neighbor was just worried that she should have been back as soon it would be dark. Living there, I assume all would know when it's time to head back.

It's the contrasting stories that get to me. Neighbor saw her biking? Neighbor went to house to check? (Guess both of these could be the truth.) She "reportedly" went for a bike ride? Bike was found. etc etc...Stuff is all over the radar.. JMO

[QUOTE="Knox, post: 16086601,

At 6:59, a reporter asks, "is the husband cooperating"? Sheriff Spezze's answer was, "yes he's been cooperative at this point, we hope he continues to do so".
BBM snipped

When this press conference was live, this statement really shocked me. Says a great deal about the case.[/QUOTE]

I can see some possible reasons he would say that. I can see if the husband is wanting more or other things done and the police are not doing them. I've seen this before in cases where the investigation is going one way and the family wants more to be said publicly or the police advise against things like reward money and things like that but the family really wants to. The family can become frustrated and, well, I can only imagine the stress and panic of wanting everything done NOW and being advised against certain things all while dealing with loss etc.

Again, I have no clue what it is like to have a family member go missing in this way. But from following these cases, I can only imagine. MOO

Perhaps...but to split hairs on LE's statement, lol:

Would not they simply state the neighbor is reporting her missing after she didn't return on a bike ride - LE does NOT state that...they state that with 'further investigation'....we've got this purported bike ride

Would it require an 'investigation' to determine the bike ride if the neighbor is saying this from second #1 - ?

Again: the lack of a physical description leads me to believe no one saw her leave on a bike ride, in fact, I'd say no one saw her AT ALL that day - because we'd have a description of what she was last seen wearing

JMO
Since they used the word "reportedly" I think it implies that's what they were told by the caller at the start of the investigation. The neighbor was likely one of the first people they spoke to, but they could have also got the information from Suzanne's daughters, I suppose.

And yes, the 911 call would be part of the investigation.

Jmo

Why aren't we seeing a description for SM or missing person flyers/posters with her description with info on her disappearance? I just searched her name on NAMUS and she's still not listed there either. I don't get it. It doesn't add up.

Heartbreaking......all of it. :(
Has the subject of her leaving on her own free will ever come up? LE maybe thinking SHE staged her own disappearance? Were they waiting for her to come back and she didn’t? I don’t believe this to be possible but we don’t know her mood or what she was going through personally. I could see times where people just feel overwhelmed and want to get away from everyone and everything. On the other hand to just up and leave and not take anything with you doesn’t make sense either. This is just my opinion and another angle to look at but how long can a person go into hiding? I also don’t believe she’d leave her daughters like that. Just so strange. I hope this is resolved soon. My brain is sore from trying to figure this sad situation out.

Reward money - so I've been thinking about this reward money offered and the manner in which it was reported which is different IMO than what I have seen on past missing person cases and I think I may have stumbled on the answer - I believe when a reward is offered through crimestoppers / local LE the money has to be deposited into the crimestopper account and then as others donate (recalling Mollie Tibbets case? there was a reward) the reward increases and is publicized which of course helps keep the case in the publics' eye - but in a private reward situation like I believe is this case - I do not believe there is any accountability as to the money being deposited in a bank account from what I have read. Anyone know the logistics of crimestoppers rewards for sure? This is what I found on Mollie's case - FWIW
JMO
Here's the outcome of Mollie's fund:
Crime Stoppers: Bulk of Mollie Tibbetts reward fund money to be returned to donors

Donors push Mollie Tibbetts tip reward to over $200,000

Map from her house to the bridge the bike is said to be found on/near? Forgive me if already done.

JMO
Lots of discussion on that yesterday and the problem we have is it has not been confirmed what exact bridge or where the bike was exactly found. We do have a good general idea though.

IMO it had to be close to where the first initial searches took place which was described near 225/50 near her home. That area of 225/50 is less than 1 mile from her home. So when you bring up a map and look for the only creeks that are around that area, you can guess which bridge it may have been.

It would be nice to get an exact pinpoint spot where the bicycle was found but I dont believe that has ever been confirmed by anyone.

It’s interesting that Rose says it’s common for investigations to start from the home and then work their way out or something like that. So why didn’t they do this a week ago? Why now? Is it due to obtaining a search warrant? How long do those usually take to get approved?

BM could have given permission last week, as I understand things. Obviously he wouldn't, so the need for a warrant. Warrants can take time. you have to identify a "reason" why it's warranted but they could have done the same with Barry's permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth