Found Deceased FL - Alejandro Ripley, 9, autistic, Miami-Dade County, May 2020 *mother arrested*

This was an updated article. Has anyone ever heard there is a certain time for an amber alert to be broadcast? By the way, the sentence was highlighted in blue when I copied it over.

Many Floridians say they didn’t receive an alert until news stations began pushing it out on mobile apps. The FDLE says that the Wireless Emergency Alert system is only active from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m.

South Florida Amber Alert cancelled, 9-year-old boy found deceased
Too many people complained that it went off in the middle of the night. So they shortened the hours. Never mind that some people work night shift.

I’m very familiar with this area (I actually know someone who works at that Home Depot). Southwest 88th Street is a REALLY busy road, and there are always a lot of people at that Home Depot and the Walmart right across the street.

This is not a “Kidnapped from a desolate parking lot” situation. If the abduction occurred the way his mother says it did, this was an astoundingly brazen abduction. I know people aren’t going out as much because of the pandemic, but there have to be witnesses. At the very least, another driver HAD to have seen them attempt to sideswipe the mother’s car.

The area where his body was found is right by the Miccosukee golf course. There is a bike trail (a paved one where you share the road with cars) that runs around the golf course, and there are always people running or biking there throughout the day. There are frequently drivers on the road as well. IMO, whoever did it would have had only a few minutes at most to dump the body before someone passed by.

I read this story and nothing was adding up to me, so I came here to see if my trusty WS pals were talking. I wish I were here for better circumstances, but I'm having the same hinky feelings others are. I hope that I am wrong, although it won't make the outcome any better. I'm so sorry for whatever it is you endured, Alejandro. I hope whoever hurt you gets the justice they deserve.

Last edited:
Was just reading about this and came here to post it.

Autistic 9-year-old boy found dead after he was reported kidnapped in Miami -SunSentinel

“We’re not ruling out foul play, but it may not be so we’ll see,” said Detective Chris Thomas of the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Alejandro Ripley was last seen by his mother at about 8:47 p.m. near the intersection of Southwest 158th Avenue and Kendall Drive in the Kendale Lakes area of Miami-Dade, police said. According to investigators, the child -- who had autism and was nonverbal -- was abducted by two men driving a light blue, four-door sedan, based on information his mother told police

It's kind of bizarre to say "not ruling out foul play". Well, it's a dead 9 year old in a canal - it's foul play whether this mother is being 100% honest or not. Even if he did get dropped off near the water by kidnappers and wandered into it himself, that is STILL foul play - in my mind at least.

Too many people complained that it went off in the middle of the night. So they shortened the hours. Never mind that some people work night shift.
SMH. As if child abductions only happen mon-Fi 9am-5pm. Well screw those people if they ever need emergency services during those hours,being as it's at such inconvenient hours. Having heart attack, wait till daytime hrs before calling 911, you fell off the toilet and broke your arm, same wait till business hrs before calling 911. Selfish *#&@&$. Sorry I just can't with these privileged types. Making emergency situations even worse,with their own pathetic self importance.
MOO

The article you linked says a non-named LE source says his mother was seen on camera sitting alone in her car for 20 minutes before she called police. So now I wonder what is the timeline, or truth, because a previously linked article said there were witnesses to his abduction.

Hopefully this will become clearer. Poor kid... 9 years old.

Oh, wow. This doesn't make any sense, at all. It was so quick, how is that even possible?
Poor Alejandro was also 9, so not a little baby that could be missed in the back seat. If it was an abduction, I don't believe he didn't get scared and a little loud. Why take a child?

I still can't get over how ballsy a killer would have to be to attempt to sideswipe a woman's car on a busy road, and then abduct her child from that location. On Southwest 88th Street, at 8:00PM on a weekday, there's going to be hundreds of drivers on the road and the intersection where the Home Depot is located is going to have multiple cars stopped at a light. The abduction occurred right around closing time, so there would have still been people inside the store, and there's a very good chance there were others in the same parking lot when it happened. And I can guarantee there were people in the parking lot of the Walmart across the street. Not to mention there's a bunch of businesses in the immediate area that probably have cameras, and it was still light out (it was right before sunset).

One thing that may work in investigators' favor is that there are a lot of townhouse, apartment, and condo complexes in Kendale Lakes (the neighborhood where Alejandro's body was found), and most -- if not all -- have cameras. I know somebody who works maintenance at a community near the golf course and he says that the police stopped by and asked for their CCTV footage. He has also heard rumors, but it would be irresponsible to repeat them here without evidence.

The article you linked says a non-named LE source says his mother was seen on camera sitting alone in her car for 20 minutes before she called police. So now I wonder what is the timeline, or truth, because a previously linked article said there were witnesses to his abduction.

Hopefully this will become clearer. Poor kid... 9 years old.

well she said they took her phone so idk how she would have called, but the whole story isnt adding up to me.

Oh, wow. This doesn't make any sense, at all. It was so quick, how is that even possible?
Poor Alejandro was also 9, so not a little baby that could be missed in the back seat. If it was an abduction, I don't believe he didn't get scared and a little loud. Why take a child?
I’m sure he was terrified but he was a non verbal autistic child.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say, but I just learned that the person I know (who I previously said works in a complex near the golf course) actually works across the street from the lake where Alejandro was found. He was at the entrance shooing some ducks out of the complex this morning when he saw a man running down the trail, waving his arms around. He assumed the guy was doing some weird exercises until the police rushed to the scene a few minutes later. He and multiple residents of the complex have been questioned. He didn't have any information to give them, but at least one neighbor reported seeing something suspicious.

I am not getting the Maleah Davis vibe here. I can't say why. But what if the asking for drugs was not random. What if the two men did it because they had picked out someone who they thought was a player in the distribution of narcotics? Seems plausible. And the kidnapping might have been a bumbling perp's hurried plan on realizing that the car only had mom and a kid in it and not whatever drug kingpin they had expected. So they take the kid thinking that they will trade him for drugs. But the Amber Alert goes out, and they just get rid of the kid before the cops find them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back