Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked last evening, (before the thread went to plaid) and I'm really curious... to cause that amount of property damage, I wonder what kind of evidence the investigators had to bring before a judge? Surely it couldn't just be owner consent, right? Wouldn't there need to be some really specific information that would lead them to believe a body may be under that concrete?

they would want a search warrant by judge for evidentiary purposes so had reasonable cause. I feel for that poor homeowner. I certainly wouldn’t want to live there now.

I have wondered whether perhaps the homeowner reported to LE that BM was working on his property at the time SM went missing (rather than a tip or a confession), more to indicate or verify his whereabouts, but I’m not sure that this alone would have prompted the extent of the searches currently taking place. In my opinion, they must have found something during the X-Ray process to prompt them to dig. Whether it is SM or not, time will tell. MOO.

Good info from CBS4 Denver's Rick Sallinger posted at midnight last night.

"The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida.

The owner of the property told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that he has known Barry Morphew for three weeks. The riverfront property was undergoing improvement. Concrete was laid over the dirt."

ETA: "The property owner has told others that investigators have been using an x-ray type device to try to see through the concrete."

BBM. Much as we have speculated here.

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida

So does this mean BM just laid the dirt and then someone else/another company came out after and did the concrete?

Okay I totally missed this- in the video it shows that they are in fact sifting under the large white tent- I now believe they could see something under the concrete and are slowly taking layer by layer of dirt over to the white tents to sift, likely only one "spot of interest" located within that square. This could take a lonnnggg time.
moo

I asked last evening, (before the thread went to plaid) and I'm really curious... to cause that amount of property damage, I wonder what kind of evidence the investigators had to bring before a judge? Surely it couldn't just be owner consent, right? Wouldn't there need to be some really specific information that would lead them to believe a body may be under that concrete?
Could be pings from cell phone, video of homeowners in the area showing a vehicle going to that location, tips called in, dogs hitting a scent....and/or a combination of all.

jmo

IF Suzanne ends up being there, I wonder if this homeowner was away or if this was their vacation home or something. I can’t imagine even in the middle of the night being able to bury a body at someone’s home without them noticing. Perhaps they made mention to people working in their yard that it would be super convenient to do work on X weekend because they’d be gone? MOO

Okay I totally missed this- in the video it shows that they are in fact sifting under the large white tent- I now believe they could see something under the concrete and are slowly taking layer by layer of dirt over to the white tents to sift, likely only one "spot of interest"
moo

Exactly. They are sifting through dirt at sifting tables - this is a big task. I hope it is successful.

jmo

I've looked but didn't see it, did the homeowner mention what day BM was there to lay dirt? Or even when BM was first hired by her?
Apologies if I've missed the obvious.

I haven't seen an exact date yet as to when the dirt was placed on the search property.

"Barry Morphew, 52, had worked at the Salida property laying dirt on the riverfront land, around 12 miles from the couple's home, before his wife's mysterious disappearance almost two weeks ago, the property owner told CBS4."

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

So does this mean BM just laid the dirt and then someone else/another company came out after and did the concrete?
He may have only been a subcontractor on this job, responsible for preparing the base. He is a landscaper by profession, I think, not a general building contractor. When he had done his part, a concrete company would send out a truck to pour the slab. They usually send a truck out when there are two or three jobs to pour and depending on how much that job would need, could dictate when the job is poured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member