Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
crime investigators finely sifting through tons of dirt with screen pans suggests to me that a wood chipper might be involved? I hope not...terrible turn of events.
OMG!! Yikes didn’t think of that. Again remembering that area shown in aerial footage of home that was near driveway that had what looked like crime tape. Wood chipper wouldn’t draw as much attention as a fire. But then you would have to hide a big wood chipper machine...

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend GD (full name redacted), 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy ‘with stuff’ to talk.
Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

More interesting things to be found on the building permit website. The close friend named in the story above also drew a permit on the property being searched.
To be clear, I am not inferring any sort of connection to what happened to Suzanne. Just noting the coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you see current pics of no tents?

I think all the no tent pics on the dailymail were from last night after they wrapped up the search for the day.

the pictures of the slab with the big hole and no tents anymore. That picture. I would think they would leave everything up with a guard until they were finished then clean up. Since it’s all cleaned it seems like they are done with it IMO but I could be wrong.

They are returning today? I saw a pic where everything is gone from that site.The sheriff said she has not been found, right?
The search continued today. I just googled and didn't find any info that it's over for the day. As of now (3:30pm CO time), LE hasn't made an announcement today.

Where is the picture of everything gone?

jmo

I haven’t caught up yet but do we think they are searching for a body? Or I don’t know how to put it...parts? Sifting dirt seems odd if they’re looking for a body. But if they used X-ray, I don’t anything other than a body would show??

Last edited:
So BM was spreading dirt for a foundation around the time Suzanne went missing. I hope LE is going on more than that coincidence, since that is what he does for work. Certainly they have GPS, cell phone records, video and have laid out a timeline for the husband. We don't know any of this, or critical details of the case.

I hope to pleasantly surprised by what evidence LE has, but at this point- do we know anything factual that suggests Suzanne wasn't abducted?

I know I am way behind. I didn't know the thread was open. Yay!!!!! Thank you Tricia and Mods!!!!

My hubby found this pick for me to sorta help me understand what they are digging through.
View attachment 248254

Nice, thanks. The footings concern me, and it doesn't appear to be where LE is digging.

maybe it was on 5/8, 5/9, or 5/10 before inspectors were there and body could have been 10 ft. under by then.
Remember LE asked for video from 5/8-5/12
There was an inspection on footings 5/6/20. Again I say, we do not know when the last time Suzanne was seen alive by someone other than BM. Text messages don't count.

So they did not find her? I wish the sheriff would focus on a suspect other than the husband. I'm back to thinking he's innocent. They need to look for someone else, the sooner the better. JMO

oh boy.

I'm still generally curious as to a logical explanation of who else it could be.

Dennis_the_menace.jpg

So BM was spreading dirt for a foundation around the time Suzanne went missing. I hope LE is going on more than that coincidence, since that is what he does for work. Certainly they have GPS, cell phone records, video and have laid out a timeline for the husband. We don't know any of this, or critical details of the case.

I hope to pleasantly surprised by what evidence LE has, but at this point- do we know anything factual that suggests Suzanne wasn't abducted?
Well, we can assume she wasn't abducted for ransom since he said he would pay and nobody took him up on the offer.

jmo

OMG!! Yikes didn’t think of that. Again remembering that area shown in aerial footage of home that was near driveway that had what looked like crime tape. Wood chipper wouldn’t draw as much attention as a fire. But then you would have to hide a big wood chipper machine...

With a landscaping business in the Rockies you bet they have access to a large wood chipper . If that’s what LE suspected, I imagine they could easily obtain DNA evidence from said equipment.

It's not a remote location. The property is close to the road, not in the middle of the woods. I can't imagine anyone thinking this is a "good" spot to dispose of a body. It seems the opposite to me.

Depends. Unlikely to be a lot of traffic. Locals accustomed to seeing trucks there. Very early morning, I doubt people would bat an eye. I judge Suzanne to be about 5'2"-5'3" based on analysis of a couple of her FB pictures, so easily concealed within, say, an opaque plastic bag. Or a large duffle.

Probably fairly easy to see oncoming traffic in both directions.

My own overall theory of DVM is that the perps rarely think through sensible steps of body disposal. It's almost as if that entire part of the process escapes their mind, as in their rage they start planning the demise of a spouse.

Interesting.

The building inspector was at the site inspecting piers and insulation under the slab on 5/11, 5/14 & 5/15. So exactly when would BM have brought something there?

Unfortunately, we don't have any info on who and when someone other than BM last saw Suzanne alive.
We don’t have that info YET. But we will. IMO.

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend GD <Admin note: full name redacted; use initials please>, 33.

GD declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy ‘with stuff’ to talk.
Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

More interesting things to be found on the building permit website. The close friend named in the story above also drew a permit on the property being searched.
To be clear, I am not inferring any sort of connection to what happened to Suzanne. Just noting the coincidence.
can you say what work he permitted for?

They are returning today? I saw a pic where everything is gone from that site.The sheriff said she has not been found, right?

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
18 hrs ·
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 22, 2020 (Updated Release)

A search being conducted at a residence on the east side of Salida in connection with the Suzanne Morphew missing person case has concluded for the day. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI plan to return to the site to continue the search on Saturday, May 23, 2020.

In response to widespread rumors, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office relays that Ms. Morphew has not been located and there have been no arrests in the investigation.

An update will be provided at the conclusion of the search

Release from 1:00 pm on May 22

Based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.

The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew. No details about the search are being released at this time. Additionally, it is not known how long this search will take law enforcement.

An update will be provided at the conclusion of the search.

With a landscaping business in the Rockies you bet they have access to a large wood chipper . If that’s what LE suspected, I imagine they could easily obtain DNA evidence from said equipment.
Whatever happened I think LE have been all over it from day one.
Again moo but the sheriff's presser made me think they had some good ideas about the 'who'.
Just not the 'why' or 'where'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member