Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donations for Criminal Defense Legal Fees?
A couple posts alluded to a crowdfunding/'gimme' site prohibition against using donations to pay for a legal defense of crime
s. Does that overstate the actual prohibition* quoted below, listing several types of crimes?

Is
Uxoricide, murder of one's wife or girlfriend, one of the list's prohibited crimes 'associated w violence'? So if wife is killed by, say, bludgeoning or gunshot wounds (= violent), then no gimme fundraising for legal defense but if killed by poison (= non-violent), then fundraising is acceptable (not a ToS violation of gimme site)? Not being facetious. An example of a legal drafting challenge: writing to identify the prohibited crimes which the crowdfunding site disallows. Well, the company addressed that w a phrase** by allowing it discretion to refuse transactions that may harm interests of users, the public, or the company. jmo
Back to searching for SM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Terms. "Prohibited Conduct"
"A. You agree not to use the Services to raise funds or establish or contribute to any Campaign with the implicit or explicit purpose of or involving

"... 9. Campaign that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, serious disabilities or diseases, or financial crimes or crimes of deception;..."
** " -- ---- -- reserves the right to refuse, condition, or suspend any Donations or other transactions that we believe in our sole discretion may violate the Terms of Service or harm the interests of our users, business partners, the public, or -- ---- --." bbm

As far as him being out of town working, that's not a huge flag for me. My husband is in the construction trade and is often away. With weather being unpredictable here, and him having deadlines, I would always encourage him to do what needed done.....
especially if we ran our own company.

As far as being alone on Mothers Day, I'm must just be the odd one. If he couldn't be there, it is NOT going to be the end of my world. We would probably just pick another weekend to celebrate it, when everyone would be home.

Also went radio silent after BM's fb video. Also stopped updating the official missing page -- hasn't been updated since May 16/17. Just bizarre given his beloved aunt is still missing. I think the nephew via the official page could have been helpful at keeping Friday's rumors at bay. MOO
They are probably tired of all the rumors going around. Maybe they don't want to open themselves up to more criticism, considering everything that's happened in the last few days. This has probably been an emotional rollercoaster for them and they may be losing hope that Suzanne will be found alive.

Before that there was not much of a communication towards the outside world from the family either. Not her daughters, her husband or any other relatives. Coupled with BM's video later on, my scenario went towards kidnapping and randsome. Especially with the CBI and FBI heavily involved that early.

My opinion only is that’s because the family already knew in their hearts and minds what had happened and the nephew’s goal was to get LE to look that way to investigate at least. Once that occurred, there was no more need for him to continue on; he just wanted LE to be on it ASAP and in high gear. If you’re family and you knew things from past experiences that made you suspect a bad outcome here, you might not want to go in front of cameras and plead for help and her return because you knew that was futile. That would be so hard, almost like lying yourself. As an example that is nowhere near the level of likely tragedy here, someone I know very well left her husband after years of abuse that people outside the family had never had an inkling about. When word got out, people kept coming up to the relatives and saying things about how shocked they were, what a great guy, why would she just leave him, etc. And the immediate family members I knew just stood there because they knew only too well why. Silence can say so much. All MOO.

Lauren Scharf (a reporter for FOX21 News) said in her fb live last night that the latest search was the result of a tip. Neighbors of the property involved told her that LE has been working there since Thursday. Even before arriving at the location on Friday, she was told (source not identified) to check another location on Highway 50 and Country Road 240, which she did. State troupers were there (one of them since 3AM) but didn't say why.

Last edited:
Beneficiary of Gimme Site Campaign? Fine Print?
I am confused about the ******** page. How can someone change the beneficiary? I mean for it to go from helping to find suzanne to Berry's mom is just not right. We don't know what happened to Suzanne yet or who was invloved but some of us and some others have opinions. Does anyone know how that works? Can you just change a beneficiary like that? What if people didn't want to donate to his mom?

Sorry, despite the lined box below, this is my response, NOT an OzzieB post

]
@OzzieB :) Good question. I'm not sure about changing a beneficiary in gimme site.
Re initially naming a beneficiary, do google search w [gimme site url] plus 'Do-You-Know-Your-Beneficiary for info.
Re adding (not changing) beneficiary, do a google search w [gimme site url] plus 'I-m-a-Beneficiary' for info.
There's a lotta 'fine print' re how this crowdfunding site works. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It takes a long, long time at extremely high heat to burn a body outside of a crematorium intended for that purpose. He didn’t burn her in their home fireplace, or anywhere else for that matter. It’s a simple thing to rule out because it doesn’t make logical sense.

Construction companies have incinerators. Could he have access to one through his construction contacts? We had a person missing case in our hometown (never found). The cops put 2 sheep into the husband's construction company's incinerator to see if there would be any evidence left afterwards. No evidence remained. ps: She was conducting a long term affair. Her lover was recently arrested more than forty years after she and her 3 yr old son went missing. The 3 yr old was the son of the lover.

Lauren Scharf (a reporter for FOX21 News) said in her fb live last night that the latest search was the result of a tip. Neighbors of the property involved told her that LE has been working there since Thursday. Even before arriving at the location on Friday, she was told (source not identified) to check another location on Highway 50 and Country Road 240, which she did. State troupers were there (one of them since 3AM) but didn't say why.

Colorado Firecamp appears to be a short way up cr240 from Highway 50. That’s where civilians can go to get fire-fighting experience, and fire-fighters can pay to do private training.

Colorado Firecamp appears to be a short way up cr240 from Highway 50. That’s where civilians can go to get fire-fighting experience, and fire-fighters can pay to do private training.

Well, it could have been a good idea. Assumed body wrapped in plastic or something. Bury deep the day/night before concrete pour. How bad would it smell?

Chances are if body is buried out in the forest, mountain, woods, etc., wildlife could get it out. Throw in the water and it could come to surface. There’s not too many places/methods that are 100% foolproof. And assuming the killer thought the bike ride story would sound legit, he probably didn’t think LE would even be looking at him.
Yes, now we see the reason for the bike being abandoned away from the home. That would 'prove' she was alive and well AFTER that dirt was poured.

The Police must have a timeline for this site. So they have an indication of who, why and what time people entered and left the site.

I still would like to have a timeline for the family. When did everybody exactly leave? When was the last time her family had contact with her, exactly? Because if someone used that site to get rid of evidence, they have to know how and when not to be spotted, given it is a residential area.[/QUOTE

I’m super curious about a timeline for the family too. When were they all last together? Is it confirmed that the youngest daughter was not living at home? ( is this considered sleuthing the family)?

I’m really rusty on my WS posting skills, been out of the loop since McKenzie Lueck, drawn back in with this as I live in Denver, and this is very confusing!

Also went radio silent after BM's fb video. Also stopped updating the official missing page -- hasn't been updated since May 16/17. Just bizarre given his beloved aunt is still missing. I think the nephew via the official page could have been helpful at keeping Friday's rumors at bay. MOO

I think the nephew may be feeling a little used, abused and torn apart right now, and in this respect I have some sympathy for him and can see why he might have gone quiet all of a sudden. If you’re asked by family to perform a duty at a time of crisis, and *if* suddenly the tables turn, it’s pretty tough going on anyone.

In my neck of the woods, most first responders have second jobs given the 24 hour on 48 off shifts. It provides extra income and keeps them busy and active on their off days.

If a first responder had a team of other first responders who were between them essentially available 7 days a week that would be a very profitable situation as a second job. Like a Landscaping team made up of firemen and women.
Also wondering if the we will do whatever it takes video was a call out to whoever unknowingly assisted in this situation because someone put things together and wasn’t likely to stay quiet. Whatever it takes he said. Imo
I addition to your good points, I am reminded that the fire chief said LE had explicitly told the firefighters not to search or otherwise be involved. Wonder what that was based on, the chief wondered also.

While looking into friend named in msm where BM is staying for now...looks like it’s off 240 in Maysville

Last edited:
As far as him being out of town working, that's not a huge flag for me. My husband is in the construction trade and is often away. With weather being unpredictable here, and him having deadlines, I would always encourage him to do what needed done.....
especially if we ran our own company.

As far as being alone on Mothers Day, I'm must just be the odd one. If he couldn't be there, it is NOT going to be the end of my world. We would probably just pick another weekend to celebrate it, when everyone would be home.

I'm also familiar with the ways of the industry and I would not find it unusual if a crew of unmarried and/or younger guys worked on Mother's Day for the reasons you cited.

I think what made this situation so unique was the fact this occurred during an unprecedented time in the world, while COVID19 restrictions were in place, that an individual business owner, that by all appearances had the trappings of a successful owner, would find it necessary that he personally be on the job site on Mother's Day.

Personally, I believe things at home were not what the photographs showed and that there was enough tension in the home where the entire household desired separation on Mother's Day.

MOO

I found an even better view of what I think are more likely pieces of concrete slab that LE cut out to form that large rectangle. Hope its ok to do this ... it's a screen shot from a news video (found on DM; source is 9news.com) ...
TY for that. So it looks like they cut the concrete out in little squares first. The concrete doesn't look very thick to me at all.

Concrete is another trade and not likely worked performed by a site prep or Landscaper. However, I have no idea what BM was contracted to do.
Sometimes jobs get contracted out. My brother is residential landscaper and sometimes a property owner will task him with an entire project and he just subs out what he doesn’t have the equipment for or isn’t knowledgeable about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson