Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details about this search are unavailable, the sheriff said. But he said somebody has a key piece of evidence.

“I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line (719- 312-7530) to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” he said.
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

In addition, Sheriff John Spezze said there are no searches set for tomorrow, May 25. There won't be a media briefing tomorrow either. #SuzanneMorphew

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 24, 2020

The three-day search conducted at a residence on County Road 105 on the east side of Salida has concluded. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI went to the site to follow-up on leads developed during the course of the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation.

The property owner was fully cooperative with law enforcement and not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew.

“We will continue to follow-up on leads as they are identified and vetted by sheriff’s office investigators, the CBI and FBI,” said Chafee County Sheriff John Spezze.

Hundreds of tips related to Ms. Morphew’s case have been called to the designated tip line. The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

“Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.

There are no searches set for Monday. Additionally, there are no plans for a media briefing on Monday.

I think of people who appear to have money but really don't. You know, all flash, no cash. I've known many. They might have a nice income to afford it all, but still be net poor. So, when I see someone with a beautiful home, nice cars, etc., I always wonder.
He offered 100k for her safe return. So, i'm guessing he has at least that. That can be checked out and I'm sure it has been. Now, if I found out he was a billionaire and that's all he offered, my eyebrows would wrinkle.
This is so true. I think a lot of people live beyond their means, thanks to credit cards and mortgages. Many people are mortgaged up to their eyeballs.

I asked the same exact question days ago :)
And it does strike me as kind of sad, really.
If I went missing and my husband's uncle who he doesn't really have much of a relationship with, and my husband's nephew, were literally the only family to speak to the media, that would be pretty sad, since I have a parent, siblings, kids, cousins, nieces and nephews, etc.
I mean, maybe it's not actually odd but to me it feels odd.
Sad too.
Also considering everything we have read on SM and MSM depicts SM as very well liked and cared about. Seems to me more people would be speaking or pleading, or something?

I think of people who appear to have money but really don't. You know, all flash, no cash. I've known many. They might have a nice income to afford it all, but still be net poor. So, when I see someone with a beautiful home, nice cars, etc., I always wonder.
He offered 100k for her safe return. So, i'm guessing he has at least that. That can be checked out and I'm sure it has been. Now, if I found out he was a billionaire and that's all he offered, my eyebrows would wrinkle.

I've known people that have crazy expensive homes and can't get by paycheck to paycheck, and buy groceries & pay bills on credit cards.
I knew a lady with a gorgeous Jaguar (car) who was on food stamps.
Stuff happens, sometimes tragic stuff or sometimes stupid financial mistake stuff, but just because someone has a nice house or nice car, it doesn't automatically mean anything, really.
So when someone is called a "millionaire" and assumed to have buckets of money sitting around just because their house is expensive, doesn't ring true at all.

jmo

New from the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office just now: The search along County Road 105 in Salida has concluded and despite searching multiple areas on the property, investigators did not make any connections to the #SuzanneMorphew case.

Details about this search are unavailable, the sheriff said. But he said somebody has a key piece of evidence.

“I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line (719- 312-7530) to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” he said.

In addition, Sheriff John Spezze said there are no searches set for tomorrow, May 25. There won't be a media briefing tomorrow either. #SuzanneMorphew

Yep. Mountain lion attacks are extremely rare. They happen, but victims are usually children (lions prefer to go for smaller prey rather than full-sized adults). Granted, they've been known to chase mountain bikers...probably because the movement of the bike triggers the predator response. But mostly they are elusive and stay away from people.

A mountain lion killed an adult woman biking with a friend last week outside of Seattle. Not saying it happened here, just pointing out that it does.

A mountain lion killed an adult woman biking with a friend last week outside of Seattle. Not saying it happened here, just pointing out that it does.
I read about that...like I said, they happen. But it's rare. And as another poster upthread mentioned, there would be drag marks or some other signs of an attack. There's a reason why LE is saying with confidence that it's not an animal attack.

Also considering everything we have read on SM and MSM depicts SM as very well liked and cared about. Seems to me more people would be speaking or pleading, or something?

I've always thought it's because they know who did it. So what would there be to plead for really, and you wouldn't want to say anything you shouldn't. But jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708