Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about the girls and checking this thread today after a long break. I cannot believe this case hasn’t been solved yet!

While reading the last couple pages about how busy the park was or wasn’t and Kelsie talking about people going down the hill, it reminded me of the hobby which is off limits for sleuthing. While I am unsure exactly where under the bridge it was located, it was not removed until after the girls were found. I am in no way insinuating this hobby had anything whatsoever to do with what happened to Abby and Libby, because I really don’t think it did. I am just pointing out there would be a valid reason for people to be at/under the bridge previous to February 14, 2017.

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day weekend and this case is finally resolved.

~RIP M+J

OMG. ------ I think, I didn't see the video until today. Noticing: In between I also saw the date July 2015. The shadow at 13:34/41:27 looks like a man with a t-shirt with short sleeves. The shoes/steps aren't sounding like soft soles, but like hard soles with cleats (or very similar), especially when stepping over a transition with wooden planks once in the video. The shadow looks, like the person is holding a camera with his right hand near his right side of head at that moment. How did the person manage, that I don't hear one single breath? (My ears?)

Who does such a video with looking in front, back and around himself all the way from Pittsburg IN to MHB so often, that the viewer gets nearly dizzy? I'm sure, the videographer isn't a nature lover but someone curious/attentive like a spy.

With this video, all questions are answered re local or not and re knowledge of the area beforehand or not, I think. :(

I think it's a GoPro type camera on a headband or helmet.

Are you serious?

A video was taken that day, and showed two people besides the video-taker.

Abby Williams and the killer, video taken by Libby.

JMO
I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't been serious. The video taken by Libby shows one short segment of the trail—the most remote segment—for a matter of seconds. No matter how much you try to convince people that the issue is resolved, you still haven't proved that the trail wasn't popular with local teens. Kelsi claimed that there were about twenty teens hanging around the entrance of the trail. I for one won't dismiss her testimony out of hand.

I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't been serious. The video taken by Libby shows one short segment of the trail—the most remote segment—for a matter of seconds. No matter how much you try to convince people that the issue is resolved, you still haven't proved that the trail wasn't popular with local teens. Kelsi claimed that there were about twenty teens hanging around the entrance of the trail. I for one won't dismiss her testimony out of hand.

The High Bridge trail parking area where the girls were dropped off was later closed to the public. I don’t recall that the reason ever mentioned for the “activity there day and night, even when you wouldn’t think there should be” but it did certainly seems it was a popular hangout spot.

“Mears’ grandson and his family will be moving into the home his grandfather lived in for more than 50 years, and he expressed concerns about safety and people parking there at all hours, Corson and McCain said.

“His concern was there was activity there day and night, even when you wouldn’t think there should be,” McCain said....”
High Bridge access changes, parking will no longer be allowed off of 300 North

I've seen nothing that confirmed a couple arguing there. It may have been a reference to "a couple of people arguing" but it's been reported that it was "a couple arguing".

Who knows, and I've never thought it had any relevance to the case.

That said. people were on the bridge within minutes of the murders.

JMO

Details, Details. Everything is relevant.
Sometimes it may impact the main issue only indirectly, but noticing those little things count. Someone being nervous, someone insisting on being located in a certain place or close to or away from some person or place. Someone making sure they've got an alibi for a certain time......
It's going to be some small piece that's going to fall into place and that solves the case.
You could find that missing piece. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Regarding the couple arguing at bridge (he says he saw BG, she says she...preoccupied with arguing?...did not. ) Maybe he IS BG? Maybe she is afraid to come forward and say so?

Is there someone that they talked to that were the people arguing? You make it sound like they interviewed someone that said, hey it was me.

Please review the 2 videos of Sheriff Tobe Leazenby posted by the Delphi United Methodist Church on their website. Do you think he is speaking to a member of that congregation that he thinks is BG? Unable to post link but it is most recent devotional posted in May. Do you think there is significance in the Dec. 28 date?
bbm
Unused/Abandoned Portions of the Former Monon Railroad in Delphi, Indiana

•28.12.2016 (Video uploaded)

:rolleyes::confused::eek: ........................... But that's a coincidence!

ETA: Unfortunately, I can't listen to TL now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually I am pretty sure that Kelsi has clarified that she meant approx 20 people went through that area that day; not specifically teens, and not all within that small time frame.

It was during a YouTube video session either by herself or as a guest on GH's channel. I saw her say this live. She was correcting some of the wrong assumptions that people had taken from her statements.

I'll see if I can track it down and post a link.

Edited to add:

I found it! She addresses that specific rumour at 21:50. There were definitely not 20 kids hanging around the trailhead at that time.

I highly recommend everyone watching this video in full, because Kelsi clears up a lot of details that have been twisted around and repeated as facts online. It's sad that she had to make a debunking video like this, because certain rumours kept persisting, despite being corrected numerous times.

Last edited:
I am surprised that DNA has not linked anyone yet. So many of us think it's a local person. And they have asked locals for DNA. I can't imagine that anyone would refuse. I'd love to see the list of people who have not submitted DNA and do not have any family members who have done so. I bet it's a short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆