Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I was about to say that he might not be very experienced since the entire County only has a population of 17k ... but 27 years in Denver PD certainly screams experience! I wonder if the person responsible for SM disappearance thought a Sheriff in such a small community wouldn’t have a lot of experience in these matters either... ;)

Anyone who—for nefarious reasons— makes up a story about being in Denver on a certain weekend may be sweating big time, 'cos this sheriff has literally been there and knows about that: "community policing" and "narcotics" couldn't be more "ears to the ground" when it comes to local goings on. We're not talking someone who specialized in white collar crime, patent infringement, or Van Gogh thefts.

<modsnip: There is nothing in MSM to justify any speculation about drugs>

All of a sudden I'm registering that a poster speculated in the last thread that this situation is much "bigger" than someone going missing, and thus the involvement of so many outside agencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think we should refer to anyone as a suspect, #1 suspect, or person of interest until this determination has been published by the Sheriff of Chaffee County.

It is pretty obvious that BM is a person of interest to LE but there may be others that we are not aware of. You are correct though ... that unless LE has officially named a POI or suspect, we should be just referring to them by their initials (or in this case we have been using his first name but we prefer use of initials until they are named).

If I was the neighbour that was asked to check on SM, I would go and check. Was the house locked or unlocked? Neighbour knocks and when no answer finds the door unlocked? ... goes in, calls out, and when no answer then, has a look around. Only thing she sees is that Suzanne's bike is gone so it would appear she went for a bike ride?
I’m more inclined to think that the neighbour went there expecting SM had gone on a bike ride and was just checking to see if she made it home safely. I am stuck on where did this idea originate. Personally, when I leave for a bike ride, I lock the house and the garage. The days of leaving ones doors unlocked are long gone for me.

Search in Salida for missing Chaffee County woman concludes, no searches scheduled for Monday

SABBM:

Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI went to the site to follow-up on leads they had received in connection to missing 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew, who had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the Maysville area on May 10 and didn’t return home.

Investigators searched several locations on the property, but say they were unable to make any connection to Morphew’s case at this time. <snip>

Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking there's a fairly high probability that this search was based off of a credible tip that LE received, likely coupled with electronic/cell/gps data putting someone connected to the case in that specific location around the time of SM's disappearance.

A credible tip + digital data would have been enough to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

Clearly, the search wasn't conducted as a result of a confession.

JMO.
I'll add another supposition to yours~

The last person known to have been with Suzanne, cannot be cleared as a POI in her disappearance.

They dug up a property that her husband had worked on. That says everything.

I don't think it necessarily says everything. We have no idea what the actual tip was or who provided it. Did BM go to check on the jobsite and someone thought they saw something untoward? Was it a red herring from someone who had a grudge against BM? We don't know the specifics, but LE has to follow up on every tip, so this one may have made sense to them for a variety of reasons and there may have been other evidence or tips that would tend to support.

Technically I guess, unless or until the lead investigative agency on a case either confirms or disputes, everything is considered a rumor.
In this particular case, the Sheriff's office hasn't really done a whole lot of that.

However, the difference between rumor on social media and rumor in MSM, is that we can discuss the latter here, where as we cannot discuss the former.
Something I have noticed and perhaps it has been mentioned but I missed it if so. in pics we have seen Suzanne always has on her wedding ring with what looks like to be a 2 carat plus diamond. I would be curious if it was found in the home . If it was in the home that would make me have many questions. First one being did she usually wear it on her bike rides? Second did she always wear it?

I think there is one person responsible for her disappearance and LE is focusing their efforts in the right direction. I think LE may be having problems tracking some critical movements due to the spotty cell phone service in and around that area. MOO
Can a location be tracked if it’s a dead spot/no service/no pings?

Just a question to myself, I wonder what determines when that big green dumpster gets emptied.
Good question!

I found myself wondering, if among other leads/tips which brought LE to the property on CR205. If dogs were brought in and there was a hit. Since Suzanne ultimately was not found there, could someone have moved her body?

I believe TS moved Gannon's body, maybe someone got nervous and moved Suzanne too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288