Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the person would have to first be named by LE, before anyone can clear them.
Well, not really. In the most recent cases I’ve followed, none of the perps was named a POI, although we all knew who LE was focusing on. It was incredibly obvious, except for one, Heidi Broussard. Many suspected the SO, but LE cleared him within a week. That hasn’t happened here.

They dug up a property that her husband had worked on. That says everything.
I don't think it necessarily says everything. We have no idea what the actual tip was or who provided it. Did BM go to check on the jobsite and someone thought they saw something untoward? Was it a red herring from someone who had a grudge against BM? We don't know the specifics, but LE has to follow up on every tip, so this one may have made sense to them for a variety of reasons and there may have been other evidence or tips that would tend to support.
BBM:

Like Solomon, I'm going to split the difference here.
Wait...he split the kid, not the difference, didn't he?
Well, anyway. You get the point.

The fact that LE dug up a property SM's husband worked on might not say everything.

But it says a lot.

A whole lot.

JMO.

Where’d they get the money to buy a $1.5 million home? You need to put 20% down these days and they bought this house before selling their old one, right?

These are rhetorical questions since I know we can’t research the family but I’m scratching my head. And I know people live beyond their means but you still need $300k cash for a down payment.

I wonder why Bertram didn't believe she had gone to church?
COVID. No gatherings over X number. Most churches have been off limits.
Something I have noticed and perhaps it has been mentioned but I missed it if so. in pics we have seen Suzanne always has on her wedding ring with what looks like to be a 2 carat plus diamond. I would be curious if it was found in the home . If it was in the home that would make me have many questions. First one being did she usually wear it on her bike rides? Second did she always wear it?

In the bike helmet photo, she also has a chain necklace with a cold bar on it. I'm thinking something like that might have been dropped as a searchable artifact in the process of going missing.

Good question!

I found myself wondering, if among other leads/tips which brought LE to the property on CR205. If dogs were brought in and there was a hit. Since Suzanne ultimately was not found there, could someone have moved her body?

I believe TS moved Gannon's body, maybe someone got nervous and moved Suzanne too.
Possibly, but that would have been more risky than putting her there in the first place.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Have police ever mentioned that there may be someone in the area abducting women? If not, why not?

No and it means they have no evidence to suggest there’s a dangerous person abducting women in the area. No suspicious car sightings, no strange men hiding behind playgrounds.

Something I have noticed and perhaps it has been mentioned but I missed it if so. in pics we have seen Suzanne always has on her wedding ring with what looks like to be a 2 carat plus diamond. I would be curious if it was found in the home . If it was in the home that would make me have many questions. First one being did she usually wear it on her bike rides? Second did she always wear it?

I didn’t even think about her ring, even though it has been glaring at me from every photo! Good point. If that ring is found, it will be very telling. IMO JMO MOO

Please correct me if I am wrong. Have police ever mentioned that there may be someone in the area abducting women? If not, why not?
No. A reporter covering this case did a Facebook Live last night. She said that she thought they must have known something early on that caused them to act the way they did. She thought they might have found something in the house that told them she wasn’t abducted.

Where’d they get the money to buy a $1.5 million home? You need to put 20% down these days and they bought this house before selling their old one, right?

These are rhetorical questions since I know we can’t research the family but I’m scratching my head. And I know people live beyond their means but you still need $300k cash for a down payment.
BBM:

The financial picture has always been of great interest to me, because I think it's highly relevant to this case.

I'm convinced monetary/financial motives lie at the root of SM's disappearance.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

Likely because that’s not what the evidence is telling them?
We must remember, they already have the cell data which could be quite revealing as we’ve seen in other cases. Like I mentioned in another post, what they don’t say and do, tells us plenty.

<modsnip>

However on Friday, one of the media stations was filming live on facebook near the search site. The mic was live, and there was discussion going on about a neighbor who stated BM was at the job site on Mother's Day weekend.

That's how I remember it, I think there were others here who heard the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The source of the story that SM went for a bike ride originated with the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. This is the wording of the original press bulletin for this case, dated May 11, 2020:
"On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.
Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home."
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff
I don't know that it originated with the sheriff's office. They were not the one's that saw or knew it to be factually correct. They said 'reportedly.' Someone told them she took a bike ride.

I think it originated closer to home.

This post lands at random.

Websleuths is pro-LE unless there is a significant indication in MSM that they have been negligent, incompetent, irresponsible, etc.

Please forego any tendency to bash LE. They know a heck of a lot more than we do about this case and some day we'll probably all find that out. Just today is not the day.

Technically, I guess being in Salida is considered being out of town.
What I find very interesting is that the owner of the home just searched by LE, FBI, etc. places BM on that location Mother’s Day Weekend instead of Denver.
I have read two different things regarding husband being out of town. Was he gone because of fire fighting conference or because of landscaping business? Have not seen much information on conflicting alibi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member