Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to mention Kristy Lynn Booth as a possible match for PB, then I saw where she was ruled out by DNA.

I was looking for something to do with either Kristy or Princess and I happened to end up in a Robert E. Lee yearbook. But it was from Baytown not Houston. (I know the ring clearly has “Houston” on it) I started looking through the ‘clubs’ sections and I found an emblem that is identical to the one on the side of the class ring. Not REL but the other side! In that section, I found a girl, last name Booth, who was missing and/or had a front tooth that had grown in the wrong way. Not sure, but it was very noticeable. She would have graduated in or around 1975.

I initially thought it could be Kristy but remembered she was in a Midland yearbook during that time so there was no way it could be her. They have a tooth missing/misaligned in the same spot and they resemble one another but Kristy is younger than this girl.

Another interesting thing about one of the REL yearbooks was that one of the 1975 graduates (female) died in an automobile accident that same year - there was an entire memorial page for her...Debbie Liles was her name... https://www.classmates.com/siteui/yearbooks/1000240585?page=302
I thought maybe the ring could have somehow been connected to her. Maybe she lost it or someone inherited it when she died. I couldn’t find much about the car accident, although it’s been a few months since I researched this theory.

Is it possible someone had a REL class ring with “Houston” on it instead of “Baytown”...they’re awfully close. For some reason I can not link the page where the club I’m referencing is located. I was able to copy and paste the link to Debbie’s memorial page from another message. But the club’s logo contains an eagle or bird with a shield looking object and the initials AFS. It looks identical to what’s on the side of PB’s ring.

There’s so many threads on this and yes I’ve read through them all but to be honest I’ve forgotten if this has been mentioned. I’m fairly certain it hasn’t but forgive me if I’m mistaken. When I’m able to access my desktop I’ll post images of the logo, but in the meantime if you are able to view the 74/75 yearbooks, you can’t miss the club or the girl. (Her first initial is M)

Here’s the logo compared to the ring. The logo varies slightly from one year to the next FWIW...
D4169FC9-A33D-4BFF-8A75-077082AE5174.jpeg F2B9148A-2DFF-4043-AD49-A21B2B604CEE.jpeg

The logo that MadMcGoo is showing probably belongs to the exchange organization American Field Services. Many high schools have clubs for exchange students, and the HISD (Houston Independent School District) has sent and received high schoolers from overseas using this organization for many years.

AFS also has an extensive historical archive in New York City. You can ask reference librarians there a 30 minute question for free. They could at least verify that this was a past AFS logo. I don’t think that they would have lists of exchange participants or hosts families from Lee High School in 1975, but maybe they do have alumni lists.

However, to me this side of the ring has always looked like the Lee family crest with the squirrel and the nut. Where do you see an AFS logo?

Last edited:
The logo that MadMcGoo is showing probably belongs to the exchange organization American Field Services. Many high schools have clubs for exchange students, and the HISD (Houston Independent School District) has sent and received high schoolers from overseas using this organization for many years.

AFS also has an extensive historical archive in New York City. You can ask reference librarians there a 30 minute question for free. They could at least verify that this was a past AFS logo. I don’t think that they would have lists of exchange participants or hosts families from Lee High School in 1975, but maybe they do have alumni lists.

However, to me this side of the ring has always looked like the Lee family crest with the squirrel and the nut. Where do you see an AFS logo?
Foreign exchange students seem to ring a bell. I think that’s what this particular logo was associated with in the yearbooks I looked through.

What I’m referring to is located in the center of that side of the ring. It could be the Lee family crest, I don’t guess I’ve seen that before. This was just something that stood out to me when I was looking through yearbooks.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-25_14-45-55.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-25_14-45-55.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 8
Its not brilliant but i thought id try and add colour to some uid reconstructions and i came up with this

Maybe it could help get her recognised?
It certainly can't hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members