Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s kind of unsettling to realize today, May 24, marks 1 year since the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos. The timelines are so similar in the early days of that investigation compared to this. Forgive me if I counted days wrong.

JD Case:

6 days to search Waverly Park (where car found)

7 days to search dumpsters

8 days for warrant to search house

8 days for arrest of FD & MT charged with tampering with evidence

12 days to ask residents to save surveillance video

19 days to search Avon Pond

SM case:

5 days to grid search 2.5 mile area of Monarch Pass (US Highway 50) - where bike found?

7 days to search water sites

8 days for reverse 911 call for residents to preserve surveillance video

10 days for warrant to search house

12 days for warrant to search property (concrete)

No arrests yet.

I think LE most definitely has a #1 suspect.
And she’s still missing ....

Just heard a teaser for SM case on CBS national morning news. They plan to tell more and show husband's "emotional plea" for her return. Glad to see her case getting more coverage and hope her daughters get answers soon.
Xoxo
JMO, MOO, ETC.

I just listened to it today for the first time and the looping of it over and over gives me deja vu.

Find Suzanne Morphew

Anyone know why the FBI is involved?

Yes, LE can clear someone without naming them as a POI first.

Many people were accusing Mollie Tibbet's boyfriend of being involved in her disappearance. She disappeared while out for a jog. :(

LE publicly cleared him, and verified that he was out of town at the time she was kidnapped.
And that stopped all the rumors and speculation
JMO

She reported it as fact, on a police report. If she qualified that, and said she didn't really know, then the Sheriff's office is reporting something as fact that is not. I refuse to believe that. It's been exactly two weeks, and there has been no correction. In fact, the Sheriff has insisted over and over that this is still a missing persons investigation. IMO
Has the police report been released? I’m updating her media thread

I just listened to it today for the first time and the looping of it over and over gives me deja vu.

Find Suzanne Morphew

Anyone know why the FBI is involved?

Regarding your question about FBI involvement. Here is the best explanation I've seen.

"The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County," he said.". Full article link below.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

I may be dense but how do these links state that cash was paid for the house?
In CO you must record the mortgage we discovered this in Kelseys case and it’s fairly common in the US when you buy a property with a mortgage- there isn’t one for this property therefore it was either cash or a trade as there is a deed recorded to them - same with the house in IN they still own - more in thread 1 as we discussed this extensive
JMO

I'll say it again, one of the strangest missing persons case I've seen here on WS.

After that intensive search at BM's construction sight, there's little doubt to me that LE is focused on him. They absolutely have evidence to indicate that Suzanne could have been there, at least enough to convince a Judge to sign off on the warrant. They aren't going to spend the resources and $$$ if there wasn't a reasonable chance.

That tells me LE knows there was foul play, has a POI/suspect in mind and are desperately trying to recover Suzanne's body. This may end up no body case, which can still be prosecuted and won with enough circumstantial evidence. In Kelsey Berreth's case, there were 'voluminous' amounts once the trail started that we never dreamed about.

I wonder if human remains dogs hit somewhere in the house, near the bike/recovered 'personal item' or even on BM's vehicle?

MOO
#FindSuzanneMorphew

From CBS This Morning: "Investigators say she vanished after going for a bike ride. The bike was found the day she was reported missing, but are not releasing the condition."
Maybe not word for word, but that's what I heard. Gotta go be "essential" now, but I know y'all will keep us posted! Xoxo
JMO, MOO, ETC

I'll say it again, one of the strangest missing persons case I've seen here on WS.

After that intensive search at BM's construction sight, there's little doubt to me that LE is focused on him. They absolutely have evidence to indicate that Suzanne could have been there, at least enough to convince a Judge to sign off on the warrant. They aren't going to spend the resources and $$$ if there wasn't a reasonable chance.

That tells me LE knows there was foul play, has a POI/suspect in mind and are desperately trying to recover Suzanne's body. This may end up no body case, which can still be prosecuted and won with enough circumstantial evidence. In Kelsey Berreth's case, there were 'voluminous' amounts once the trail started that we never dreamed about.

I wonder if human remains dogs hit somewhere in the house, near the bike/recovered 'personal item' or even on BM's vehicle?

MOO
#FindSuzanneMorphew
That’s what I’ve been thinking - something was found and they went straight to deceased - LE does not make that decision lightly IMO - so what could cause this ? Luminal revealed something ? Hasty clean up?

In CO you must record the mortgage we discovered this in Kelseys case and it’s fairly common in the US when you buy a property with a mortgage- there isn’t one for this property therefore it was either cash or a trade as there is a deed recorded to them - same with the house in IN they still own - more in thread 1 as we discussed this extensive
JMO
Thanks for explaining. I did look at the link to thread one but it was over my head.

That's a bit silly, isn't it? Someone saw something on Facebook and then broadcast that someone made investigators "act the way they did" and call S&R to find a missing cyclist?

Maybe not. Maybe the big question is why the family assumed that Suzanne vanished during a short cycling trip rather than she fell down the stairs, or tumbled down a ravine during a hike. Falling down the stairs dizzy spell seems more likely for a cancer survivor, not marathon cycling.

The reporter covering Suzanne’s case and who did the Facebook Live Saturday evening is FOX21 News reporter Lauren Scharf. Lauren also covered the Kelsey Berreth case extensively.

Here’s the link to Lauren’s FB live Saturday evening: (57 minutes)
JMO

That’s what I’ve been thinking - something was found and they went straight to deceased - LE does not make that decision lightly IMO - so what could cause this ? Luminal revealed something ? Hasty clean up?
You think LE believe she is deceased ? Maybe from phone records? Suddenly going dark perhaps?
Very strange.

Regarding your question about FBI involvement. Here is the best explanation I've seen.

"The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County," he said.". Full article link below.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO
This is bugging me..........What information do they have that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County, Colorado, in a missing woman's case ?........moo

It does sound like the neighbor relayed information from the daughter that Suzanne disappeared during a bike ride.

No one could reach her on May 10 and no one saw her cycling. Why would anyone assume that she disappeared cycling without checking the house? Maybe she fell down the stairs. Maybe she went for a walk. Is it known that she didn't leave the house on foot? How was that known?

It was convenient that her bicycle and another personal item were found near the house, but that doesn't explain why it was known in advance that she disappeared while cycling.

Without having any facts, all we can really do is make some logical inferences.
If SM was known to go for a bike ride on Sundays, if that was a pretty regular thing for her to do, and her girls knew that's what she did on Sundays, (or if she mentioned it the day before in a text convo with one of them) and on that Sunday they tried and tried to reach her but were unable to... I think it's reasonable to conclude they most likely told the neighbor she normally goes for a bike ride on Sunday, and they were unable to reach her.

My son in law goes for a run every weekday before work. If he suddenly disappeared sometime before 7am, during the time frame he normally would be out for a run, I'd be inclined to assume something happened while he was out on his run.
I'd never think to look for him in the basement, or assume he might have gone somewhere else, even if I never saw him leave the house.
I'd assume his daily, normal, known routine had a big part to play in how/when he went missing.

jmo

I may be dense but how do these links state that cash was paid for the house?

JMO
The property records were discussed in the first thread. Relative to the residence in Maysville, Chaffee County property records provide there is no deed of trust filed for the property (i.e., no agreement between a lender and a borrower). There is no mortgage or lien holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken