Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's what I was really wondering. Perhaps the mother told the kids to contact the neighbor, and not the father if she went missing. IMO IMO IMO.

I know personally of a few marriages that went south after the woman got cancer.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. Not even just if she went missing, but just in general I’m wondering how much BM was in her daily life, and if there is a reason the daughters wouldn’t call dad first. Girls that age call dad when they need help, and he seems like the kind of man/dad who takes care of things. IMO

On the subject of very little information from LE. Does anyone think it’s possible that SM might have gone to someone or LE prior to this happening? Then when she went missing they knew she might have been telling the truth? That’s why everything is so hush hush? That’s why they didn’t assume animal attack, abduction, self harm? That’s why the daughters are quiet? It just seems like LE is gathering info while looking for Suzanne and once they find her an arrest will immediately follow. That’s my personal opinion on how things look right now. Barry’s video didn’t help him at all IMO. It wasn’t sincere, he said “her daughters need her” not our daughters need you. Didn’t even say he needed her. It was a rehearsed tape. He won’t publicly answer questions. Why? Is he being instructed not to talk or is he choosing not to? Why is he so sure someone has her? He says he’ll do whatever it takes but what has he done that we know of? Offering money and no questions asked? Anyone can do that. MOO

IMO, he should have rehearsed it some more.

I've never seen a 911 call released to the public in Colorado, in any case, unless it was referenced in an affidavit or something along those lines. I would welcome contradictory posting if I'm wrong. JMO
Shannan Watts 911 call may not have ever been officially released by police but it was released about 6 months after CW conviction ...

<modsnip: Removed video not related to this case.>

Last edited by a moderator:
When they asked for locals to save video from the 8th, it made me think of what Rodderick Drayton found on his home security cam before the time frame GS was supposed to have went to his friend's, and the false time frame folks were working with at the beginning.

I suppose it's possible they asked for the 8th, for the very same reason.
Maybe Gannon's case is fresh on the minds of LE in Chaffee County as well.
Possible I guess.
Good point. I went back and reviewed the permit issuance on the site they were digging recently; it coincidently aligns with the date. Issued 5/8/2020 to the person’s company BM is currently staying with and communicating through.
MOO

:) Hello, Y'all !

I have been lurking here for about the past week hoping that Suzanne would be found alive … but following the latest news and info, it's obviously not good.

I have a question that hopefully someone here may be able to answer: And my apologies as I have not been able to read all the threads and posts here at WS [because of real life] but I know the members here at WS are always on the ball.

My question, but first a comment:

Whenever I see the wife of an LE officer/firefighter go "missing," my hinky meter goes through the roof … So when I read that BM was a "volunteer" firefighter, along with that pathetic plea video for Suzanne's safe return :rolleyes:, my hinky meter went off the charts. JMO and MOO.

So my question is: Was BM a "volunteer" firefighter in Indiana? I read that the M's have only been living in Colorado since 2018, so I was wondering IF he was a volunteer firefighter in Indiana, and when he moved to Colorado, he joined there because of his previous work as a volunteer FF.

Now … JMO but there is nothing wrong with being a volunteer FF, and participating in community services when you move from one state to another … it's admirable and a great way to make roots in your new community.

BUT … on the other hand … :rolleyes:

JMO and MOO!

That's the thing. He could very well have been in Denver and has a verifiable alibi he was there.

However, since we don't know for certain who, where, or when Suzanne was last seen by someone other than BM. That alibi doesn't mean bumpkus (to LE).

I took note of the dates LE asked locals to protect from being recorded over on their home security & game cameras: May 8th - May 12th.

Is the overlap just an overly cautious investigatory measure? Maybe so, but there may also be a significant reason. We just have to trust that LE knows what they are doing and quit second-guessing their approach. Hopefully, we won't have to wait for the truth to emerge much longer.
That's interesting. Maybe there is some uncertainty about when he actually left for Denver. Added to the possible uncertainty about who saw her last, who/when she texted with someone, activity on her internet account. (maybe LE knows all of that already, but I still haven't seen the article which states when she was last heard from).
Or, maybe they are trying to cover all possible activity by cars/ppl unknown to the neighborhood, possible abductors looking around the area.

A few days after Suzanne's disappearance a mountain biker was interviewed and it was posted here that he had seen a vehicle when he was out biking, he seemed very clear that the vehicle was in a place it should not have been. Has there ever been any follow up on that? I haven't seen anything. Also, the Sheriff had asked that neighbors save their security camera video in case LE wanted to review it. Did we ever hear anything more about that? I have searched for both and have not found anything. Thank you!

BTW, someone somewhere has told Fire Chief that Suzanne usually goes on a bike ride on Sunday mornings (we have no verification of this from the daughters, who are in a better position to know). We have family "spokesperson" (no longer in that role) saying it was found in a particular place. We have the Fire Chief mentioning a ravine (I don't believe anyone regarding the placement of the bike until LE says where exactly it was found and who found it).

Lest we forget: "information" from the Fire Chief's mouth could have come from one of his volunteer fellas, namely BM.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I suspect she “inherited” from her mother who died from cancer years ago, it has been reported in Indiana newspaper:
“Suzanne Morphew is the daughter of GM <modsnipped full name>, former owner of the popular Gene's Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson.”
The restaurant was/is very successful. Is this considered sleuthing a relative? :oops: Purely my speculation, of course!
Alexandria native goes missing in Colorado

Last edited by a moderator:
A few days after Suzanne's disappearance a mountain biker was interviewed and it was posted here that he had seen a vehicle when he was out biking, he seemed very clear that the vehicle was in a place it should not have been. Has there ever been any follow up on that? I haven't seen anything. Also, the Sheriff had asked that neighbors save their security camera video in case LE wanted to review it. Did we ever hear anything more about that? I have searched for both and have not found anything. Thank you!
MOO I am sure they followed up on that, an out of place car needs elimination.
Sheriff seems competent to run a big investigation.

Sorry, this took longer than expected.

LINKS !! If you state something as fact, you MUST provide links.

Please note that sleuthing family social media is not allowed. This includes BM.

Posts that are considered directly accusatory against BM are not allowed.

There is nothing in MSM to substantiate speculation about a history of domestic violence. Discussing it as if it is a given is not allowed as it is accusatory against a person who has not officially be named a POI/suspect.

Thread is open again.

THIS is what I'm concerned about big time! It's Huge IMO. 2 weeks and we hear nothing about this or anyone else while Barry is IMO focused on. Frustrating.

I didn't realize that the second $100k reward that made the total reward $200k, was put up by a family friend. That said, I wonder if the family friend's $100k is tied to a contingency, like contingent upon her "safe return"
snipped:
"Morphew’s husband posted a reward of $100,000 for information. That was doubled by a family friend, to $200,000."

Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed

I know this is just someone saying they “believe” so they aren’t positive but if true, why would SM’s daughters care if their mom’s bike was at the house or not? I guess I interpreted it to mean they called the neighbor and only asked her if she would go check on the bike. Maybe they could have asked because they couldn’t get in touch but you’d think they’d ask if her car was there before you’d ask about a bike. Something about this bike is off. It’s been the central point of this whole case. Why? Or am I overthinking things? Without solid facts it’s hard to make sense out of a few people’s quotes.
I don’t think you are overthinking it, @Pak31. The bike has been part of the narrative from the beginning, mainly because that was the way it was originally reported to LE. If, in fact, SM was killed in her home, planting the bike and other evidence away from the home, would serve to draw LE away from the home. It would also delay a search of the home if LE felt she disappeared while on a bike ride. It seems that after LE searched the area for several days, they turned their focus back to the home. It may have been because they felt the evidence was planted or some other information just didn’t add up.

I didn't realize that the second $100k reward that made the total reward $200k, was put up by a family friend. That said, I wonder if the family friend's $100k is tied to a contingency, like contingent upon her "safe return"
snipped:
"Morphew’s husband posted a reward of $100,000 for information. That was doubled by a family friend, to $200,000."

Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed
Exactly. ^^^

"Safe return" means alive and healthy and in good spirits.
A person could promise 20 million and place a contingency on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member