Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNIPPED

I think there was staging here, and it was sloppy. In something premeditated, I would expect a law enforcement response that allowed for either an accident, suicide, or abduction scenario.

It doesn’t appear that happened, and I don’t think it was “tunnel vision.” I think someone made a huge mistake, or more likely, a series of them. That’s because they were reacting.

LE had a good idea what they were dealing with.
——————————————
(First quote I’ve attempted)

I believe the bike placement was a sloppy staging attempt. I often wonder if the “personal items” found during the land search were the perpetrator’s “Oopsies!”

For instance, in a hurry to stage a bike incident/accident/bobcat attack, one might remember to throw a bike down a ravine and make a helmet disappear.

Later, that person might remember additional items that a seasoned rider might have and wear on every outing which should also be missing like gloves, eye protection, clip-in shoes, water bottle, a Garmin maybe?

Those items could have been discarded as after thoughts, hidden in the landscape never to be found. Oops!

And -- did mama (or daddy or both ?) spoil, cover for, or enable him ?
To the point that that even in the workplace he struggled to maintain control ?
That works until one is at an age where one is legally responsible one's own behavior. Adults need to learn self control. We are all tasked with learning self control to be able to live in a civilized society....on the outside. But what happens inside too many homes, is not always civilized and adult. People are not rationally driven, they are emotionally driven and sometimes there is just overwhelming cognitive dissonance with where they find themselves.
There are passages and developmental stages in life. Children leaving home, moving, these are times of change and stress, times of re-evaluation, resolving long held conflicts possibly.
It's been stated several times by people who knew Barry, relatives and work associates, that he was potentially controlling and/or aggressive. Negotiating passages with such a personality is often a no win situation. Many women stay to try to kindle that initial love, for children, as a habit, or because they lack the skills, resources and safety to leave. Leaving is the most dangerous time as most murders happen when a woman starts to leave an abuser. They often can't do it safely without professional assistance. Many wealthy women are ashamed of their true status and hide it as their community sees something different. It is also quite a growth process to endure and takes time, being able to leave a relationship where you have never quite been able to be safely you.

I was a domestic violence advocate; I am not saying this is the case here, I have just seen this dynamic play out alot, and I am saying adults are responsible for their behavior in society at large and in their own homes regardless of what one went through as a child.

Controlling men often seek out women they can easily control and do what it takes to retain that control. It takes a lot of work for the woman to find empowerment and all she has lost through the years.

I see she uses water bottle w straw. I wonder where/if that was found. At home or on “bike route” ?

The aqua-colored bike has a water bottle on it. In the photo of SM with helmet, she's wearing a Camelbak (or similar). Nothing's been said by LE about either of those items. However, if there were an incident when SM was out riding or geared up ready for a ride, the mouthpiece on the Camelbak might very well have dropped off (IME these fall off at very annoying times and places). This would be the kind of thing that might show up in a meticulous search, e.g. by the roadside.
Note: "geared up" could mean SM was getting ready for a ride, but hadn't left home yet.... This possibility hasn't been discussed AFAIK, and it might be more likely than an incident while actually out riding.

Pure speculation here.

I think the reason the search for SM happened so quickly may be due to past behavior or incidents in the family that caused great alarm for people who would normally expect to be in touch with her on Mother's Day & were unable to reach her. Perhaps one of these people was privy to some confidences SM shared that prompted that urgency.

I don't put much weight into the relative that didn't know who TM was. I have a huge extended family on both my mother and father's sides, impossible to keep track of who's married to who and who's kid belong to which cousin. Plus, the interview with the relative smacks of ambush. It's possible the relative was caught off guard ("How the heck did you get my phone number?") and may have been too polite to just hang up.

The fact that LE has not released any information that we usually see immediately in missing persons cases such as height,weight, eye & hair color, last seen wearing,a recent picture etc, makes me think LE knew right off the bat that SM was not "missing" per se but a victim of a crime and they had very strong suspicions right out of the gate what they were dealing with. And it wasn't a bushy haired stranger.Or a mountain lion.

The assessment of BM's screen test by the Dr was fascinating. As a total layperson, I just see a very forced statement, from a guy who really puts a lot of effort into appearing to be a nice guy. It just seems really really fake. And he think's he's clever. Like it's supposed to be some sort of coded message to whoever is holding her, except's its obvious,it's not. It's like he's watched a lot of movies about it. Fake & forced, how he thinks he should act.

MOO

ITA. And to me, whatever LE knew or found on that first day...led them to some very specific conclusions, sadly. I too see a man who puts a lot of effort (in that video) into appearing upstanding and nice. Your own analysis of the video is succinct and to the point. "Fake & forced."

Clearly his production assistant and editor had not studied up on all the signs that someone is lying. I wouldn’t have thought of that... I’ve always heard/read that the persons eyes go one way for memory (up and left for truth) and one way for creation (up and right for lies) and I did notice BM very expertly kept his eyes focused on who was directly in front of him, so much so you could see the effort /concentration in the wrinkles on his forehead.
I thought the head shaking was “this can’t be happening” until someone on here pointed out that he did it when he said specific things like “We love you, I want you back so bad” I’ve definitely learned a new technique for judging if someone means what they are saying.
All you have to do is watch that video with no sound. All is clear when you do that.

I can't help but think all of the searches conducted in Jennifer's case - the park, the ski lake, the many Fore Group properties - and still no Jennifer has been found. I am hoping we aren't heading for a year of this searching for Suzanne.
IMO
I thought it was presumed that Jennifer Dulos was dismembered and that’s what was in the numerous packages her husband and his girlfriend were depositing in trash cans and sewer openings all over town. I haven’t followed that case closely so maybe I’m wrong about that.

If she did in fact go for a ride that weekend I assume it would be a shorter one because she was known to go for a ride every Sunday before church. Her regular ride likely wouldn't take more than a couple hours, and probably wouldn't be that strenuous because she wouldn't have wanted to be a totally exhausted sweaty mess before church. There's also no indication she geared up for a lengthier ride.
I don’t even think it should be considered reliable information that she would go riding before church on Sunday mornings. That’s what the Fire Chief “heard” and he doesn’t have any personal knowledge that it is true.

There’s so much “heard” info in this case and about 5 actual facts. It’s really frustrating. I believe the Sheriff and other agencies are doing a good job...just wish we knew more actual truth.

I had my own negative spin on the husband’s released video but to be fair, I have never had a conversation with him, know his mannerisms, what’s out of place or normal for him. IMO

If you watched a video of my dad talking, he could be talking about fishing, his favorite, and he would come across as a angry SOB. That’s just him, an ol’ salty dog.

I wonder how carefully LE, or anyone else for that matter looked at the home on Monday to see how long she may have been gone.
How many days of mail were in the mailbox?
Any package deliveries by the front door?
Were plants unwatered ?
Was the shower stall dry, indicating no showers for some time?
Were the towels damp?
Had the dishwasher been run or was it still full of dirty dishes, was the food dried on?
Was there any indication of what her dinner was to be, laid out on the counter or defrosting?
Were there glasses or coffee cup on the counter still damp in the bottom or dried out.

There are so many ways to get an understanding or feeling as to whether a person has been gone from a home for a couple of days or only a couple of hours and I hope LE could assess that.
Lol...days of mail in my mailbox would make it look like I’d been missing a week! I hate getting the mail.

I am kind of new here, am I allowed to quote and site this source?

"The relative said they have never seen or heard about any specific issues in the Morphew’s marriage, and that the couple seemed happy. But they did indicate that Barry could be somewhat controlling.

“He’s been in charge of what happens for a long time,” they said."
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

In these cases where the kids are leaving home, the woman sometimes just wants a chance to make things she wants to happen, happen - if she still has some semblance of who she is outside the marriage. Just wondering if her own life had become outside of her control.

Last edited:
I have no idea what to think of this. Care to expand on your thoughts?
The sinking feeling that I had when I read this, if true is based on opinion only. I would think if they had re-enacted a crime scene, found damning evidence, were tightening up a case etc. that this would be held. I don’t know that though, I just had a sinking feeling when I read it. I hope it is off base. What are your thoughts?

BREAKING: Colorado police release Suzanne Morphew’s home back to her family, sources say

The report cites Gregory Nieto’s reporting, and goes on to say this:

The CBI Public Information Officer assigned to handle media requests connected to the missing persons investigation told CrimeOnline that the release of the home had been “pending” and did not have immediate confirmation the residence had yet been turned back over to Suzanne’s family.

Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram said on Tuesday he had been told by a member of the community who had been bringing Barry Morphew food and supplies at a temporary location, believed to the home of a friend, that the house had been released back to the family. The fire chief was not sure if Barry Morphew had yet returned to the home. Bertram also said he does not know where Suzanne and Barry’s two daughters are staying at this time.

regory Nieto‏Verified account @greg_nieto
Family Friend: Reward for for missing Wife & Mom Suzanne Morphew’s safe return...now 210K... @channel2kwgn @KDVR @ChaffeeSheriff

EY9PaonXkAIhsze.jpg

EY9Pan-WoAE-6MY.jpg

9:22 AM - 26 May 2020 from Tony's Restaurant, Poncha Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads