GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

Good points and great question. They aren’t even sure he’s in the SUV.

Late Tuesday, Pennsylvania state police asked people to be on the looking for a black 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV which was stolen from the area where Manfredonia was last seen. Police were not certain Manfredonia took the car.

Manhunt for UConn senior suspected in two homicides continues; Peter Manfredonia’s family urges him to 'turn yourself in’

Thoughts and prayers for the run-of-the-mill carjacker who took that car and is now mistaken for a spree-killer. If Peter didn’t take it I bet they find it abandoned soon.

What if LE *already* knows where he is located, but is choosing to *not* reveal it, due to...amateur sleuths (who might that be?;)) who may unintentionally specifically *name* the neighborhood/area where he is presently hiding out?

ETA: Same thoughts & prayers for your daughter & her family, as for @momsof3, @zecats!

If he is stealing newer cars they may have tracking/location systems in them. If he is carjacking people, LE will be able to ascertain his state of mind based on the people he jacked. He can't be sleeping too much at this point which means that he is also probably very tired and getting more chaotic in his decision-making.

What if LE *already* knows where he is located, but is choosing to *not* reveal it, due to...amateur sleuths (who might that be?;)) who may unintentionally specifically *name* the neighborhood/area where he is presently hiding out?

ETA: Same thoughts & prayers for your daughter & her family, as for @momsof3, @zecats!
Thanks @Tiger Stripes

While we're waiting for something to happen,
I read up on one of PM's superheros, Thanos.
You know the note that was written on his apt. room wall that mentioned "Adam snapping"
and "Thanos snapping".
PM seems to take some of Thanos's attributes
and make them his own. It's almost as if PM is
living partly in a delusional violent video game
and partly in a disturbed real life.
Interesting that Thanos came out in 2012, the
year of PM's parents divorce when PM was 15.
Scarey that Thanos had a violent childhood
with a mother who tried to kill him at birth cause he was born a freak.
Thanos also grew up having many fake girlfriends who wouldn't give him the time of day. The yearning for love and not receiving it is obvious throughout many stories of Thanos.
Iron Man stories are peppered throughout the
stories of Thanos and his huge above human
size and power are another parallel to PM.
In one episode, Thanos used his gauntlet (machete?) to cut off an enemy's arm- again using his superhuman powers. Sound familiar?
Thanos continually worked to kill off half the population using his super human strategic
brainpower to plan.

So many similarities, it makes PM even more
dangerous than originally thought.
If Adam L. and Thanos are PM's heroes, nothing is out of reach for this guy to try and accomplish. Very scarey. Similar to Columbine killers, no empathy, flat emotions
and psychopathic thoughts.

I am wondering if they are going slow since they asked him to surrender so the “healing process can begin“.

I am personally more concerned about his victims and their families‘ healing process. But that’s just me.

Family Urges UConn Murder Suspect Peter Manfredonia To Turn Himself In
I understand what you're saying, but his family might be concerned about his healing process. Also, I believe not having him running around will help with the victims' healing process. This is not just his healing process, it's his family, his friends, his community and obviously his victims healing process. They don't want their son/brother/grandson/cousin/nephew to die, even if he killed someone else, and that's valid to me.

How is he managing to stay so long under the radar?
He's carrying a duffle bag (or a backpack) so assuming he has some supplies. These will run out sooner rather than later. If he did not take the vehicle in question, and is still wandering the area, who knows? Someone's vacation home, a hunting cabin, campground restrooms. Lots of walking in that case though. All MOO

Last edited:
NJ here too. (South). There would be no tolls from East Stroudsburg to Jersey City area correct? I-80 has none. The bridge crossing at Delaware Water gap has none. Unless/Until he got on NJ Turnpike which I don't think he would. He could travel back roads easily. My daughter and family live very close to Jersey City so I share your concern some as well.

How does anyone even know where he's headed? Jersey City area is backtracking from Eastern PA in a sense. Why not go there first if he knows someone there?

the bridge on I80 at Delaware Water Gap is one direction only. tolls only charged going into Pennsylvania.
Delaware Water Gap (I-80) Toll Bridge – DRJTBC

We had a similar situation in Canada last year, two young men from BC that went on a short killing spree before heading across the country. Those guys ended up shooting themselves out in the woods. I get the feeling that Manfredonia might have done the same thing due to the fact that he did not harm the kidnap victim. He has mental issues and possibly he is now having a moment of clarity, realizing what he's done. Its possible that he's out there, already dead, also possible that he is in a stolen car, a thousand miles away by now.

According to this Pa. news article, PM has been changing/stealing clothes to hide his identity.
Police search East Stroudsburg area for suspected Connecticut killer
I can see the differences in reporting what he was seen wearing, (bolded below) and also seen in shorts along the railroad tracks. But I'm not seeing that he may have been stealing clothes? From where I wonder?

Manfredonia had been wearing a Carhartt maroon knit cap, black and blue pajama pants, red shoes and a grey and black Adidas hoodie.

Connecticut State Police said later Sunday he was last seen wearing a gray shirt and gray pants, police said.

Pennsylvania State Police released the new surveillance image Monday afternoon.

Police said he is believed to be armed with pistols and long guns, and should be considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone who sees Manfredonia or has information on his whereabouts should call 911 immediately.

Also this conflict in reporting: Paterson is closer to NYC, not the PA border. BBM

Manfredonia was driving a black Volkswagen Jetta with a bumper sticker reading “In Tribute to Newtown Victim #26.” Police said the vehicle was located in New Jersey at the Pennsylvania border on Sunday. They did not specify an exact location.

A woman who said she was abducted by Manfredonia has been found safe in New Jersey, police said Monday. The 23-year-old woman, whose boyfriend was found shot to death Sunday at the home in Derby, Connecticut, was located at a rest stop near Paterson, New Jersey, with her 2016 Volkswagen Jetta.

the bridge on I80 at Delaware Water Gap is one direction only. tolls only charged going into Pennsylvania.
Delaware Water Gap (I-80) Toll Bridge – DRJTBC
You're correct.Thanks. I haven't been through there in a while and I thought it used to be toll-free. I do remember smaller bridges farther north in that area that have no tolls, near Dingman's Ferry and up farther by Milford.

Coming into NJ there is nothing on I-80 (just like from Delaware on I-95) so I assume there would not be a way to track his crossing there.

Makes you wonder if these perps really expect to evade capture or is this a form of "Suicide by
Cop" ?
ABC TV News reported this am that PM has suffered from depression and anxiety.
Maybe a last ditch effort to go out in a blaze of glory knowing it will end in death....????

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back