Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just giving this missing man a shot, although he may be too tall to be Harmless..
NY - NY - Samuel Todd, 24, New York City, 1 January 1984
Samuel Arthur Todd – The Charley Project
  • samuel_arthur_todd_1.jpg
  • samuel_arthur_todd_2.jpg

True Crime Society

As far as I know it's not legal in FL to make autopsy results public record... Think it was mentioned earlier in thread but not sure where. Either way I'm pretty much positive we haven't got access to the results :(
Correct. I am in Florida and that law was passed when Dale Earnhardt passed. His widow pushed the law forward i believe. Autopsy will not be released publicly. Only to next of kin

I definitely see the physical resemblance between Aleh & our MH. IMO the closest I have seen yet.
Do we have any progress with the voice isolation on the video of MH talking? To compare with the youtube video of Aleh speaking English.

I thought the physical resemblance was also striking until I looked at Aleh's FB page -- there are a lot more photos there that show Aleh from different perspectives/angles and seeing them as a whole group instead of a select few really changed my mind. There is a resemblance in some photos, but for the most part I don't think so. MOO, of course.

I also listened to the YouTube video, and Aleh's accent is very thick. If Aleh is Denim, I wouldn't think that he could mask an accent that strong when speaking to people on the trail. Even if all he offered were one-word answers, you'd still be able to pick up on it, and you would think that at least one person he had contact with would mention the accent. I have relatives who were originally from ME, and even though they lived here in NY for 60+ years, that lovely accent is still one of the first things I mention when I talk about my Grammy Hope.

What similarities do people see in Aleh? I'm curious what I'm not seeing. Aleh seems to have a few scars that were not reported for MH. I would have placed MH around at least 35 years but then diseases and sickness can ravage the body. I know I always sound like a party pooper in this thread and I'm sorry. I just worry we will get stuck on one person.

What similarities do people see in Aleh? I'm curious what I'm not seeing. Aleh seems to have a few scars that were not reported for MH. I would have placed MH around at least 35 years but then diseases and sickness can ravage the body. I know I always sound like a party pooper in this thread and I'm sorry. I just worry we will get stuck on one person.

I'm with you 100%.

I think a lot of it (for me) is in the shape of the eyes and where they are set in relation to his other features, as well as the cheeks and general shape of their noses. I do feel that Aleh's lips are more full and if you isolate just the noses you can see subtle differences that aren't due to going blind from staring at a pair of noses for three hours.

I personally feel that out of all of the other suggestions, William Faries was the closest in similarity, and the backstory was even more compelling. Still, even though it made me sit up and take notice, there are those little differences that may or may not be related to weight loss or just the fact that they aren't the same people.

I like "voice of reason" instead of "party pooper"...

You're not a party pooper!!!:D And don't worry, there are far too many rabbit holes to go down without anyone getting stuck on just this one dude.

One of the things that has stood out to me is that Denim never mentioned much about himself, but two places he did mention, Brooklyn and Baton Rouge, are both places with rather distinctive accents that might not be that familiar to people from the rest of the country. Which has always made me wonder whether he might have had some amount of accent. Not to the degree that somebody would remember an odd accent, but that he got asked, "I can't place your accent. Where are you from?" a lot. And might or might not have answered truthfully.

Anyone know how to get a .wav file uploaded? Or if another type will work? Doesn’t recognize them when using upload file and copying didn’t work. It’s still very hard to pull anything out and only the first 15-20 seconds so far but I am able to get something. I’d like others to hear. Frustration continues.

Anyone know how to get a .wav file uploaded? Or if another type will work? Doesn’t recognize them when using upload file and copying didn’t work. It’s still very hard to pull anything out and only the first 15-20 seconds so far but I am able to get something. I’d like others to hear. Frustration continues.

You may embed media from the following sites:
So if you can load it into any of those, you can link it. YouTube would probably be best.

One of the things that has stood out to me is that Denim never mentioned much about himself, but two places he did mention, Brooklyn and Baton Rouge, are both places with rather distinctive accents that might not be that familiar to people from the rest of the country. Which has always made me wonder whether he might have had some amount of accent. Not to the degree that somebody would remember an odd accent, but that he got asked, "I can't place your accent. Where are you from?" a lot. And might or might not have answered truthfully.

I do think on a superficial basis there is a resemblance between Denim and Aleh but the ear gauging Aleh has really poses a big problem for me. Having a pierced ear hole closing up if not wearing an earring is a lot different than ear gauging. There are operations available to minimize the damage to ears but wouldn't the autopsy record that?

The party pooper comment had me chuckling. You are probably right, especially give the ear gauging. I think it must be the eyes that look so similar to me and I guess I have a tendency to look mostly at people's eyes out of habit. The accent I think could be lost after 10years & I actually don't think his accent was that heavy in the car video where he is briefly speaking English. But, the ear gauging may be the impossibility.

I also liked the party pooper comment! I feel hesitant to comment that it’s likely not a match because I have absolutely no one to suggest. It keeps this thread alive & you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304