Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted my posts. It isn't worth arguing over. No one knows for sure if that is was the bike found on the trail or if it is even her bike in the photo. This is how rumors get started on social media as well as here. I don't want to see this thread shut down over something that has not been confirmed yet. For all we know, her bike could have been pink.

IMO, her bike is probably sitting in an evidence locker.

Respectfully snipped. There is also striking "lack of information that has been given to the public concerning her XXXappearance". LE hasn't published a current photo.
Yes, and I find that to be an incredibly strong signal that they don’t believe this is anything other than foul play committed by a known individual.

In pretty much every other scenario, it would be important to get those identifying details out there.

If this was some small town police department going it alone, I might have some reservations about that. The CBI and the FBI have shown their competency in several recent high profile Colorado Murder cases.

They know what they are doing, and I think it’s more than safe to believe they know Suzanne is dead, and who is likely responsible.

IMO this supports your previous comment that SM was isolated. Can’t say much more but it’s extremely odd and telling that a man would ask his wife to move to a secluded home across the country after a recent cancer diagnosis and treatment. Isolated indeed and likely controlled to some extent. Again IMO
Is the reason for moving about his anger issues back in Indiana. A new start for him, moving across the country where you have few friends and one daughter in college and the other not living at home(unsure about this).
I would believe she has completed her treatments for breast cancer but from personal experience with a spouse’s cancer(leukemia) treatments, we have yet to move in fear of losing his doctors.
The closest doctors near Salina is Boulder and that’s not a fun drive in the wintertime.
It does sound like he wanted to isolate her from the people she loved.

I think a bit too much is being made of her cancer treatments. As a person with a loved one (and many friends) who survived cancer treatment, I can say those people are winners. They have a lot to live for and a lot of gratitude for still being around. I don't think we can assume she was despondent, etc. based on the fact that she was ill and recovered. So many people go through this, and she's clearly a person who lives a healthy lifestyle and enjoyed being active. In my mind, that has nothing to do with her disappearance. Just my opinion.
Yes, especially since we don't know what type of cancer she had, what type of treatments she had or when.
The comments made by people who knew her in Colorado described her as being happy there. I haven't heard any mention of her being sick or unhealthy at the time of her disappearance.

Imo

Is the reason for moving about his anger issues back in Indiana. A new start for him, moving across the country where you have few friends and one daughter in college and the other not living at home(unsure about this).
I would believe she has completed her treatments for breast cancer but from personal experience with a spouse’s cancer(leukemia) treatments, we have yet to move in fear of losing his doctors.
The closest doctors near Salina is Boulder and that’s not a fun drive in the wintertime.
I just think Indiana cornfields vs Colorado mountains would appeal to SM because her favorite thing was mountain biking. I’m in the midwest (from the west). I wouldn’t care if my entire family lived here with me, I would leave them all to get back to the mountains :p

But there are signs when people are open to possibility. Scott Peterson had friends who knew that he wasn't happy - he didn't hide it. I suspect Young, Watt, Harris, etc. all shared their feelings with someone. Doesn't take much - I used catch a fast food lunch with a co-worker, on occasion, and wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if he did something like this - but no one else saw it.

I guess what I'm saying, in this case, is if it turns out like it seems, there will be a buddy, somewhere, who will paint a picture that no one else wanted to see.
But it’s usually “the mistress” that tells us how unhappy he was at home ...

I deleted my posts. It isn't worth arguing over. No one knows for sure if that is was the bike found on the trail or if it is even her bike in the photo. This is how rumors get started on social media as well as here. I don't want to see this thread shut down over something that has not been confirmed yet. For all we know, her bike could have been pink.

Correct: we do not know whose bike that is in the photo. It is, however, fair game for us cyclists to try to ID that photo-bike by brand and style. By nature, serious recreational cyclists see a bike and get geeky about features: there are no rumors involved in this exercise.

I don't know if people like him really have a choice, they seem broken and driven. What kind of person would choose this behavior, something drove him, had control of him, he just can't admit it.
Yes, he was a classic psychopath, who picked his victims randomly. He said he did it for the thrill.

Correct: we do not know whose bike that is in the photo. It is, however, fair game for us cyclists to try to ID that photo-bike by brand and style. By nature, serious recreational cyclists see a bike and get geeky about features: there are no rumors involved in this exercise.
I doubt that's the same bike in the photo. LE likely have it locked up in the evidence room. Jmo

I just think Indiana cornfields vs Colorado mountains would appeal to SM because her favorite thing was mountain biking. I’m in the midwest (from the west). I wouldn’t care if my entire family lived here with me, I would leave them all to get back to the mountains :p
Yes, mountain biking and hiking. I would think both would be more satisfying in Colorado. Jmo

But she might not have been into mountain bikes specifically or bikes in general until she moved to Colorado. My hunch is this was a new activity for her.

Respectfully - believe this was a family decision. Been there done that. Sounds exciting but in reality is very hard but don’t believe that has anything to do with this situation. They likely moved for many reasons including some of the above. They were probably all excited yet afraid of starting a new life. Facing serious struggles can cause us to reflect and say “life is short why not?” But I believe none of this plays into Suzanne being missing.

Yes, and I find that to be an incredibly strong signal that they don’t believe this is anything other than foul play committed by a known individual.

In pretty much every other scenario, it would be important to get those identifying details out there.

If this was some small town police department going it alone, I might have some reservations about that. The CBI and the FBI have shown their competency in several recent high profile Colorado Murder cases.

They know what they are doing, and I think it’s more than safe to believe they know Suzanne is dead, and who is likely responsible.

Gannon...
Totally agree. I always try to maintain that last little bit of hope until the bitter end...miracles do happen, but I see little hope here.
I do not sense the no body difficulty here, either, do you?

Gannon...
Totally agree. I always try to maintain that last little bit of hope until the bitter end...miracles do happen, but I see little hope here.
I do not sense the no body difficulty here, either, do you?
I’m not sure, as we don’t have even basic facts here, let alone know about any evidence they have.

Knowing someone did something is one thing, but proving that someone did something is another thing entirely.

I do think that when and if her body is found, an arrest will immediately follow. But there’s no telling what will happen if that doesn’t occur.

I just wish we had a clue as to where the investigation stands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members