Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most interesting things about Lori is that she is a very open person. Really warmly open for sure but also strangely, uncomfortably, TOO open. A lot of her life isn't pretty, and she's totally open about those things, and she laughs off those not-pretty things off. It's shocking to see someone talk about really dark things (ie: people's deaths) and laughing about it....and it's hard to know what to make of it and how to react. It's jarring and compelling at the same time.

So I guess I can see how Melanie became a boiled frog. Maybe I'm also softening to the idea that Lori became one as well. I don't know....

Why wouldn't agreeing to let Kay take JJ back be acceptable? Please explain why taking on all the emotional, spiritual, and legal baggage of murder is preferable to giving in to a grandmother who is begging to take JJ. Giving JJ back to Kay was a very easy way out. No one has ever proffered a theory why she did not take that route.
I have personal, extremely painful experience as to why evil, narcissistic, spiteful, petty people choose to participate in shady, immoral, and money-driven borderline illegal activity to keep someone away from the person begging to care for said person. So, yeah, I know exactly why she didn't take that route.
ETA I will also say that people like this HATE when you expose them. They will do anything, tell any lies, and maintain YOU are the crazy/dangerous one. It is terrifying.

Last edited:
Was there any reason given as to why Chad couldn’t divorce Tammy?

That makes him seem incredibly weak. I think that weakness would have to be clear to Lori, MG, etc. What kind of super prophet can’t manage a common divorce?

I might be missing something, but I highly doubt Chad believed any of his stuff. He lied about the NDE and everything else down the line, I think.
He wanted the insurance money?

VERY interesting (also from Part 3 video today) MG says that Lori believes a large earthquake and other devastating destruction would hit Utah at the end of 2019. MG goes on to say that Lori made the remark that “when I marry Chad, no one will really have noticed”, referring to all the destruction that would be coming soon. Melanie says that all these people who have died or went missing was done very “sloppy” because they believed this earthquake was coming that there would be no need to be very strict and careful about their multiple crimes. Thankfully this did not occur as Lori had believed and their “sloppy” work is now being picked apart by multiple law enforcement agencies. It will always be sad to think about the what-ifs and what might have been different if police were involved and acting sooner, or just differently, what might have changed but this is where we are now.
Some of the language almost seems callous. The real victims were often just an afterthought. It was all about the group and what they wanted.

If I were going to the campus where my daughter lived, I would totally go visit her and take her out for ice cream.

I would never be able to walk around with two friends having an affair and openly holding hands and kissing in public. Just would have noped out of there!

The third part was really hard emotionally. I finally felt some good realizations were being had. But when she cried about Lori being apart from Chad who she loves instead of Lori being apart from her children, I about had my own pulmonary embolism!

Also, she seems to not disagree with the teachings, just that we shouldn't be talking about them because it makes us act poorly. Um.... that's not the lesson.:eek:

Was there any reason given as to why Chad couldn’t divorce Tammy?

That makes him seem incredibly weak. I think that weakness would have to be clear to Lori, MG, etc. What kind of super prophet can’t manage a common divorce?

I might be missing something, but I highly doubt Chad believed any of his stuff. He lied about the NDE and everything else down the line, I think.
He wanted the insurance money?
Whoa! Thanks for answering. I wasn't expecting it to be that easy. :eek:
Perhaps Chad used Charles recommend after Charles had died. I would not put anything past these two.

If I were going to the campus where my daughter lived, I would totally go visit her and take her out for ice cream.

I would never be able to walk around with two friends having an affair and openly holding hands and kissing in public. Just would have noped out of there!

The third part was really hard emotionally. I finally felt some good realizations were being had. But when she cried about Lori being apart from Chad who she loves instead of Lori being apart from her children, I about had my own pulmonary embolism!

Also, she seems to not disagree with the teachings, just that we shouldn't be talking about them because it makes us act poorly. Um.... that's not the lesson.:eek:

This 3rd part was rough, really rough, for me too. I'm normally not too shaken by things we see on WS. Jmo

Tammy had a full-time job in a public elementary school where she routinely interacted with children and their families. She was a member of a ward where she was very active. Some of the families at her school or in her ward would have older children who attend BYUI; some of the parents she interacted with a work or church might be professors there. Tammy wasn't invisible, and I just don't see how Chad could think that he couldn't possibly be recognized if he was holding hands with some not-his-wife woman while he was on campus at BYUI.

If you're LDS, you'd have to be kookoo to think you can walk onto any campus of BYU and think "I am totally invisible, nobody here could possibly know who I am." If I wanted to be invisible, a campus of BYU is about the last place I'd go. :D (Not sure I have ever been on campus at BYU since my student days and not run into an old friend, a friend's child, one of my cousin's kids, somebody I knew. It is super common.) And only ONE person would have needed to see Lori and Chad's behavior, only ONE person would have needed to know that Lori wasn't Tammy....I just think there were plenty of people who knew them both who could have been that one person.

I actually lived in both Sugar City and Rexburg before. Additionally, I have been to BYU- Idaho Campus multiple times. I am 100% certain that no one would recognize me if I was to walk onto campus too.

Let's remember that Tammy worked in Sugar City in the Library, so her interaction with students would have been limited. From what it sounds like Tammy seems to be more of an introvert than an extrovert, so would have a smaller social circle anyways.

I've been on that track on multiple occasions. Depending on when you go, it's not uncommon to see only a dozen or so students at certain times of the day. This is a large campus. There would be next to no faculty in that area at any give time either.

So, my opinion is that CD felt confident enough that no one there would recognize his wife, this doesn't surprise me.

MOO

MG-Part III

MG said: Lori believed there would be a huge earthquake in Utah at the end of 2019. No one would notice the kids were missing or that she married Chad, because the world would be so preoccupied by the devastation. That's why this was all so sloppy, no need to cover their tracks.

So it sounds like Lori thought the earthquake would be the beginning of the tribulation, they would gather the 144,000 and ...

The mindset is so delusional I have a hard time grasping. But IMO this makes sense of the whole situation, I thought it would be something along these lines. Just a little shocking to hear it out loud. Chad should be very afraid, his time of accountability is approaching. I'm amazed he hasn't been arrested yet? These two were not afraid of consequences, it must be shocking for them both now.

BBM

One of the charges against Lori in the affidavit is obstructing apolice investigation by asking MG to corroborate false information. Chad did the same thing. Why is he still running around? I hope there's a reason.

And as tough as it is to watch Melanie’s interviews, I am very grateful and thankful that she’s speaking out. Her words and confirmations make it difficult for Chad and Lori to continue with their lies.

Sure, some people close to them will still believe the story about threatening people/custody. However, reasonable people will listen to Melanie and realize they’ve been played. All so that two people could be together.

(And even writing that last sentence makes me angry. Just get a divorce if you want to be with someone else. Sheesh.)

MG-Part III

MG said: Lori believed there would be a huge earthquake in Utah at the end of 2019. No one would notice the kids were missing or that she married Chad, because the world would be so preoccupied by the devastation. That's why this was all so sloppy, no need to cover their tracks.

So it sounds like Lori thought the earthquake would be the beginning of the tribulation, they would gather the 144,000 and ...

The mindset is so delusional I have a hard time grasping. But IMO this makes sense of the whole situation, I thought it would be something along these lines. Just a little shocking to hear it out loud. Chad should be very afraid, his time of accountability is approaching. I'm amazed he hasn't been arrested yet? These two were not afraid of consequences, it must be shocking for them both now.

How bizarre is it that utah did experience an earthquake very close to when it was projected to happen and it damaged the church.
Imagine what anyone sharing his pyschosis must have been thinking at that point.
Between that and covid 19 I suspect they view these things as confirmation that its all real but maybe the degree of intensity was overstated.

I know this isn't anything like any of the cases I've ever followed, BUT, I don't think I've ever come across a case before with so many insiders turning truth on its face. I don't mean lying. I mean pointing out goodness and godliness in what is clearly not goodness and godliness, unless we see error as being ultimately beneficial for growth. But that is not my impression. This was loving fathers, a mother and two children being murdered, not a few lessons in false scripture. I'm a bit speechless really.

Gah!

I know, I know, others might come forward but I don't know if I can stomach more accolades, and speeches on behalf of God. Biting my tongue now. I'm probably wrong, unenlightened and angry, and deserve a telling off now.

MOO

And as tough as it is to watch Melanie’s interviews, I am very grateful and thankful that she’s speaking out. Her words and confirmations make it difficult for Chad and Lori to continue with their lies.

Sure, some people close to them will still believe the story about threatening people/custody. However, reasonable people will listen to Melanie and realize they’ve been played. All so that two people could be together.

(And even writing that last sentence makes me angry. Just get a divorce if you want to be with someone else. Sheesh.)

And I can't understand why Tylee and JJ needed to go. Why did L and C need the children wiped off the face of the earth? Why couldn't they all just carry on together? Is money the motive? If so, MG has NO place lamenting Lori's current state of affairs.

Did MG specify which of CD relatives she became very close with? I don't know if that person's name was mentioned or has been mentioned here before

I personally found part 3 disturbing in regards to how sorry she feels for lori, etc...and not about the pile of dead people. Really left a bad taste after 2 pretty good segments before. However, if that's who she is...so be it. Doesn't mean I have to like people like that though

I actually lived in both Sugar City and Rexburg before. Additionally, I have been to BYU- Idaho Campus multiple times. I am 100% certain that no one would recognize me if I was to walk onto campus too.

Let's remember that Tammy worked in Sugar City in the Library, so her interaction with students would have been limited. From what it sounds like Tammy seems to be more of an introvert than an extrovert, so would have a smaller social circle anyways.

I've been on that track on multiple occasions. Depending on when you go, it's not uncommon to see only a dozen or so students at certain times of the day. This is a large campus. There would be next to no faculty in that area at any give time either.

So, my opinion is that CD felt confident enough that no one there would recognize his wife, this doesn't surprise me.

MOO

I've been on campus there a few times. But I wouldn't go there thinking I couldn't run into anyone I know. And if I was having an affair, I'd be doubly convinced I was going to run into someone who knew one of us. :eek:

I ran into someone I knew in Tokyo....10 million people, in another country, and we wound up in the same spot. Really, anyone can run into someone they know anywhere. It just seems foolish for him to think otherwise -- unless he wanted to be caught or didn't mind getting caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288