Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem like a stupid question so forgive me. Does anyone know who actually takes the photos for the Daily Mail? Does the reporters take them or are can they be taken and submitted by anyone? I realize this post seems O/T but there are 2 particular photos of BM in a DM article and I would be very curious to see where those photos came from. They are not from any social media accounts. They are from after the search starting.

FWIW, with some things I personally researched and see with my own eyes, I very well think SM had a personal stalker who was obsessed with her and madly in love. ETA: MOO / IMO

Moo, too. It is the less likely scenario, but I think it should continue to be an option.
Until we have more info, I continue to wonder, why BM would want to destroy what seems to be the perfect family.JMO

Also, based on my covid isolation desperation tv watching Hallmark Mystery Channel(desperation and boredom), one other option, even less likely. What if BM had a stalker?

You can link it because it's a MSM reporter and great to have a name from Indiana!
Noticed the past-tense reference to SM. Do they know more? BM's video embed in the tweet at the link below.
Julia Deng‏Verified account @Julia_Deng
Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew lived in Indiana until 2018. She taught 6th grade at Hamilton Heights Middle School in Arcadia. Her family ran Gene's Root Beer & Hot Dogs in Anderson. She was a beloved member of the Alexandria community. TIPS: (719) 312-7530. @WISH_TV 8:45 PM - 27 May 2020

I was kind of surprised to read on crimeonline dated May 25, 2020 that "On Sunday, the sheriff’s office said that investigators would not be doing a physical search for the missing woman on Monday, but encouraged members of the public to continue to share any tips."

As far as I know, a missing person's search doesn't stop for of a holiday. We know why a search stops.

Something else that struck me as odd was how the search of the home came across to me as "adversarial." I think about Detective Stoddard, in the Ross Harris case, saying "it's a two way street," in terms of the respect LE shows a potential suspect. It just seems like if I was in this situation and had nothing to hide I would open my doors to the investigation and LE probably wouldn't take the tone that "the house has been cordoned off and the family banned."

But, after the Skylar Richardson case, I can see why people would get a lawyer before even contacting LE.

O/T a bit. Every time I walk by my husband's pricey fancy bike, I give it a dirty look.

I have thought more about bikes in the last couple weeks than I have in my entire life.

Stupid bikes.
My husband and I are laughing and laughing!

This is what we do. Research everything! Cinnamon rolls to biking....

With GS thread. I ran up and down my house timing myself to see if in the same minute I can be in two places at one. Lol!!

IMO it would be beneficial for LE to release a last confirmed communication/visualization of SM. If people were to go with the "reported missing on May 10th", they might not think to search their memories for anything that could potentially be pertinent to the investigation. Remember that strange van we saw? I saw a vehicle, where it shouldn't have been. I spoke to someone and their behavior wasn't quite normal, they were nervous, agitated, etc. There are so many things to speculate about, when we have so little to go by. I guess I'll just have to sit on my laurels and wait impatiently.

The family asserts she was on a bike ride. That would narrow it down a lot. I think they could at least deduce the missing gear she uses, even if she has multiple helmets. gloves, shoes, etc.

We don't have any evidence from LE that a bike was involved at all. We only have hearsay about the bike.

In the case of a wilderness suicide, clothing is essential. Many of us back country enthusiasts carry binoculars or use telephoto lenses and are constantly on the look out - for wildlife in particular, but for other humans too. People go search in areas long after people have disappeared, looking for the clothing, so that the family can have closure. If we don't know the clothing, we can't do that.

Off duty SAR personnel do this, other people do it, my husband and I do it. But no one can do that for Suzanne.

Drone searches are also a thing. Long after her body has decomposed, her shoes and other clothing might be visible from above. These can be a solo drone operator, or an organized, LE-sponsored event - but the solo operators need to know the clothing.

When people go missing outdoors, the one thing that's common to every MP poster I've seen is a description of what they are wearing.
Yep. We had a missing persons case up here in Summit County (north of Salida) last year. A 20-something y/o guy disappeared and his car was found at a trailhead. He was known to be suicidal. They thoroughly searched the area for days. His disappearance was heavily publicized with pictures and missing posters, and the public was asked for help in spotting anything unusual. The trailhead where his car was found is close to our house...my husband and I hiked the trail several times and kept an eye out for evidence. As far as I know, he was never found, sadly.

Last edited:
If BM is not designated a POI, is he free to travel wherever he wants? For instance, to go back to Indiana to visit family without telling LE? If he did , could/would that later be viewed suspiciously and used by LE?

I can't imagine the spouse of a missing person going anywhere without telling LE. Most would want to know exactly what's going on at all times. "Here's where I'm going, here's where I'll be, you already have my cell number, here's another number just in case, etc."

To leave town without notifying LE would be big ole' red flag.

Following along quietly. Praying Suzanne is ok somewhere. So glad so many great minds keeping this case going. I have so much respect for you all. Feeling a bit fed up with the silence but am here constantly hoping for good news or any news that may help move this forward x

Opinion - We need a "pacing the floor" or "twiddling our thumbs" emoji for this low info case........moo

"Ask, and ye shall receive."

19.gif

For the record, while that's what many of us seem to be doing here, I guarantee you that LE ain't sitting around bored right now.

This case is a long way from being cold.

JMO.

We don't have any evidence from LE that a bike was involved at all. We only have hearsay about the bike.

Agreed. LE doesn’t seem to be treating it as a missing person, either. That’s the point. If the perp were a stranger, details about her missing gear would be useful. But it seems that, at least to LE, those details are not important. While the family is promoting the idea of bike ride/abduction, they also are not publishing details of her missing gear. So do any of them actually believe the bike ride story? Makes me wonder.

MOO

IMO it would be beneficial for LE to release a last confirmed communication/visualization of SM. If people were to go with the "reported missing on May 10th", they might not think to search their memories for anything that could potentially be pertinent to the investigation. Remember that strange van we saw? I saw a vehicle, where it shouldn't have been. I spoke to someone and their behavior wasn't quite normal, they were nervous, agitated, etc. There are so many things to speculate about, when we have so little to go by. I guess I'll just have to sit on my laurels and wait impatiently.

LE will typically only release information to the public when they need the public’s help. This tells me they don’t any assistance from the public at this time. JMO

In the Broussard case, LE knew what happened within the first five minutes, but kept quiet, let the public suspect baby daddy, etc., because they didn't want to spook the perp into harming anyone.

Thinking outside the box, what if some super-maniac is doing his/her own take on the Saw movies and has sent LE video evidence of SM hooked up to a bomb, or a guillotine, or whatever, and is calling the shots? Way out there, but would explain why LE isn't exactly encouraging the public to start scouring abandoned houses and shuttered factories.

It's the silence - so uncharacteristic of every other case like this - that just seems to be shouting "this is a new one, folks."

Something else that struck me as odd was how the search of the home came across to me as "adversarial." I think about Detective Stoddard, in the Ross Harris case, saying "it's a two way street," in terms of the respect LE shows a potential suspect. It just seems like if I was in this situation and had nothing to hide I would open my doors to the investigation and LE probably wouldn't take the tone that "the house has been cordoned off and the family banned."

But, after the Skylar Richardson case, I can see why people would get a lawyer before even contacting LE.

Interesting that you think the home search came across as "adversarial". I may have missed some earlier discussion on this, but this is the first I've heard/read this. Am curious to know what leads you to think this? I understand that it's been said that BM retained a lawyer (hopefully in the MSM ...?), but wondering if you have additional information?

I don't quite understand the significance of knowing precisely what she was wearing when she went missing is. What she was was wearing would be of no consequence if she committed suicide, left voluntarily (which she can do as an adult), had an accident or even if she was abducted, for that matter. About the only time I can think of that knowing what she was wearing would help would be if she had some sort of incident and was wandering the streets confused or dazed or if cameras at bus/train stations were being looked at. Or, if it was known she had been abducted and was in a vehicle that was caught on camera. But even that would only need to be know by LE. MOO MOO MOO MOO
BBM:

The value of knowing what a person was wearing at the time they went missing is that descriptions of clothing can potentially help trigger the memories of people who may have seen/encountered the individual out in public.

Had SM actually been out of her house at any point that Sunday, a description of what she was wearing could help someone to recall having seen a woman who matched her description that was wearing the articles of clothing described, especially if there were anything distinctive about her apparel, i.e., color, pattern, type, etc.

JMO.

Interesting that you think the home search came across as "adversarial". I may have missed some earlier discussion on this, but this is the first I've heard/read this. Am curious to know what leads you to think this? I understand that it's been said that BM retained a lawyer (hopefully in the MSM ...?), but wondering if you have additional information?
Innocent people should retain a lawyer. PSA
Continue to assist and answer questions with attorney present.

No, nothing additional. It's just that cases like Peterson, LE would search the house while Scott waited in the driveway, etc. This one just struck me like the house was being treated as a crime scene and a member, or members, of the family was suspected of creating that crime scene. I would expect "it's all routine, family cooperating, no suspects, etc" unless there was some adversarial tension.

With the Covid, & SM's cancer, chemotherapy - her daughters (& anyone frankly) would be very cautious to not bring that into the home - SM would be in a high-risk group. Thus, she may have been distanced for her health.

I've zero doubt LE knew what had happened within 24 hours.

No doubt at all

The silence is comforting to me

They're getting their ducks in a row, so to speak

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors