Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girls had no idea their mother would suddenly go missing. People live their lives, which includes travel and trips to other states. They weren't on the opposite side of the world. To me the distance is irrelevant and there was nothing wrong with going on a planned camping trip.
bbm
I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with a planned camping trip.
You might have misunderstood.
It sounds like it would've been fun !
I also wonder who planned it ?

We can agree to disagree. :)

Speculationg : Imo, the distance sounded like someone wanted them to be far away for a while.
Although it could just be that Suzanne was in remission from beating cancer twice and there's still the threat of Covid 19, unfortunately.

So maybe that's all it was ?
MOO

I am sorry but a 49 year old woman who was recently given the all clear from her doctors and is going mountain biking is not “medically fragile”. Fighting cancer is hard, I have done it twice, but fighting the stigma... is worse! No one even knows she underwent chemotherapy since it was not reported what type of treatment she received. All we do know is that she overcame cancer twice and that she had been recently given an all clear. We also know that she is an active athletic mother of two. I really wish we wouldn’t start characterizing her as weak, fragile or sickly. This characterization has no basis whatsoever. As I said, I have had my own dual battle with cancer, and I would be aghast if I heard people assuming these things about me.

Maybe its just me but I can't imagine having a medically fragile mother and a working father who lives in the sticks and not wanting to be there with her, if for no other reason than to make sure she has groceries, meals to eat and any medication she may need not to mention if god forbid she need a ride to the hospital or someone to call 911 if she got sick with Covid.
Who said she was medically fragile? She was apparently an avid cyclist. Medically fragile people generally don’t go mountain biking in Colorado.

I am sorry but a 49 year old woman who was recently given the all clear from her doctors and is going mountain biking is not “medically fragile”. Fighting cancer is hard, I have done it twice, but fighting the stigma... is worse! No one even knows she underwent chemotherapy since it was not reported what type of treatment she received. All we do know is that she overcame cancer twice and that she had been recently given an all clear. We also know that she is an active athletic mother of two. I really wish we wouldn’t start characterizing her as weak, fragile or sickly. This characterization has no basis whatsoever. As I said, I have had my own dual battle with cancer, and I would be aghast if I heard people assuming these things about me.
Exactly. It's unclear when her 2nd bout of cancer happened. I got the impression it was a couple of years ago. Cancer patients eventually regain their strength and their immune systems, and many of them try to be as active and healthy as possible. I have a daughter who is a childhood cancer survivor (15 years in remission), so when COVID-19 hit I was concerned for her, especially because people with certain underlying conditions are vulnerable. However, what I read was that it's primarily patients on active treatment who are immune suppressed who are vulnerable.

Maybe its just me but I can't imagine having a medically fragile mother and a working father who lives in the sticks and not wanting to be there with her, if for no other reason than to make sure she has groceries, meals to eat and any medication she may need not to mention if god forbid she need a ride to the hospital or someone to call 911 if she got sick with Covid. I am in no way trying to blame the girls but you would think if your wife was in this kind of situation you would want your children there..if all you are worried about having the girls out of the house that is a huge red flag.
I have also been bothered that in the 25 second video he said the girls need you, nothing about me and the girls. Very weird to me.
Not really. What does he consider his station? No way of knowing. There's no rule book on how to behave in a situation like this. Everybody is different. Maybe the cops have told them all to keep a low profile.

Even if he wanted to, gatherings would be limited to ten people or less and it may be something he was told not to do because of COVID.

edit- this didn’t quote the correct post, but I was referring to BM not having a vigil.

bbm
I've been looking for a link for that and will post if I find it.

Although the trip may or may not be important -- the distance is, imo.
nearly 14 + hours from Salida to the state they were at !
A long ways away.

I wouldn’t bat an eyelash at such a trip under normal circumstances.

But in the middle of CV and the restrictions, I would wonder what was so important to go that far away. Guess it would depend on if they had been quarantined with their parents the entire time and were itching to get out for an adventure?

Agreed. I also don’t assume that her appearance has changed significantly from the 1 year old pics in the media. Her appearance seemed to be consistent over the years of photos available. It’s likely she looks the same, especially if she’s strong enough for mountain biking (not assuming that she was biking when she disappeared, but as a habit).

Although there is no new news, there may be people new to the case.

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive has nearly every article and picture (and video still captures) that I could find.
Go check it out. It will save a ton of time looking for links and scrolling through articles.
It's in chronological order from the beginning.

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive:
Suzanne Morphew -CO- by amanda reckonwith

Cellphone users, try this and scroll:
Suzanne Morphew

I'm not sure if anyone remembers the Jason Young case. But this guy was convicted of his wife's murder even though he drove to Virginia and checked into a hotel. It was determined he had driven back to North Carolina to beat his wife to death and drove back. I thought about this case when I read that BM was reportedly in Denver the weekend Suzanne was reported missing.

Exactly. It's unclear when her 2nd bout of cancer happened. I got the impression it was a couple of years ago. Cancer patients eventually regain their strength and their immune systems, and many of them try to be as active and healthy as possible. I have a daughter who is a childhood cancer survivor (15 years in remission), so when COVID-19 hit I was concerned for her, especially because people with certain underlying conditions are vulnerable. However, what I read was that it's primarily patients on active treatment who are immune suppressed who are vulnerable.
I feel your worry. My daughter is in her 20's and is also a childhood cancer survivor. Hell on earth, this COVID worry.

Who said she was medically fragile? She was apparently an avid cyclist. Medically fragile people generally don’t go mountain biking in Colorado.
Did she go mountain biking that morning?

I know plenty of healthy people in very good shape, who still need to isolate right now, because of underlying conditions and the pandemic.

If she just battled cancer, her immune system is likely compromised for now. JMO

Although there is no new news, there may be people new to the case.

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive has nearly every article and picture (and video still captures) that I could find.
Go check it out. It will save a ton of time looking for links and scrolling through articles.
It's in chronological order from the beginning.

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive:
Suzanne Morphew -CO- by amanda reckonwith

Cellphone users, try this and scroll:
Suzanne Morphew
Thanks for bumping this, AmandaReckonwith !

I think some speculation and confusion has arisen over whether Suzanne had changed in appearance due to beating cancer twice , imo.

We know that she was in remission because her husband said that she'd overcome cancer on two separate occasions.
So a lot of theories are based on what he has stated.

Also, there was a question about why the most recent photo was from her FB page in Feb. or March 2019.

Maybe she didn't like having a photo taken (some people don't ).
So we really don't know what she looked like at the time of her disappearance.

When looking for someone who's been abducted --as the husband pointed out as a possible scenario in his video plea) the most recent photo helps.
A lot.

It seems hard to imagine there are no recent photos from 2019 of Suzanne.

So that's why some have speculated that her appearance has changed.
My friend who conquered cancer once has changed significantly, but doesn't mind a photo being taken even now.

There's an assumption in previous posts, that Suzanne was mountain biking around the time of her going missing.

Her family spoke out and said they question the biking story.
The family has been mostly silent since, but for one msm article.

So it's safe to speculate that she may not have been biking that Mother's Day-- but not that she couldn't go mountain biking.
So, no one was saying she is fragile.
We don't know that !

We are allowed to put forth theories and speculate.

This is a baffling case ... for a missing person.
Makes it appear that it's not what happened.

No concrete description of anything, including her bike which may or may not be a mountain bike.
And the bike itself may be a red herring.

But again the above quoted post helps to shed some light on the facts.
MOO

I knew it felt like something was missing besides pleas and public appeals for help! No vigils... interesting ... strange. I’ve gotten used to expecting these things, I guess.
Do you get the impression that speaking to press or having vigils is something BM would consider not appropriate for someone of his station?
Since he was described as quiet and standoffish, maybe he prefers to stay away from media or large gatherings.

No-one has organized a vigil, so it may have something to do with social distancing.

Agreed. I also don’t assume that her appearance has changed significantly from the 1 year old pics in the media. Her appearance seemed to be consistent over the years of photos available. It’s likely she looks the same, especially if she’s strong enough for mountain biking (not assuming that she was biking when she disappeared, but as a habit).
Not true my 40 year male friend got diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He was average weight, 30 days later right before he died I could barely recognize him. He was emaciated, looked like he aged 30 years and looked like a skeleton. We can’t just assume how Suzanne looked without recent photos. Different cancers and treatments affect people differently. Another good friend of mine has breast cancer all her hair fell out she’s bald and she wears baseball hats with a fake ponytail. I think the bike was staged there is no evidence she went on a bike ride or not. No one saw her riding a bike nor the last time she was on a bike.

Since he was described as quiet and standoffish, maybe he prefers to stay away from media or large gatherings.

No-one has organized a vigil, so it may have something to do with social distancing.
I realized we were not living in a world where those were commonplace anymore when it was kindly pointed out which made me feel very foolish for asking about one.

Not really. What does he consider his station? No way of knowing. There's no rule book on how to behave in a situation like this. Everybody is different. Maybe the cops have told them all to keep a low profile.
I think he’s arrogant. I don’t know him, of course, but that’s my impression. Of course, I’ve been wrong about my judgments before so it’s just my personal thoughts.

I am sorry but a 49 year old woman who was recently given the all clear from her doctors and is going mountain biking is not “medically fragile”.
We don't know that SM was going biking. That's hearsay, with no confirmation. Nothing to do with a bike has any official confirmation except "reportedly" (aka hearsay). And do we only have BM's statement that SM had the "all clear"? I think BM is not credible.

We don't know that SM was an "avid cyclist". If she was a cyclist at all, she may well have been a beginner: she hadn't been in Colorado that long, and more than half the time was winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck