MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO he did not deserve to be murdered but, it all began with Floyd and choices he made.

The second part of your statement should not have any relevance whatsoever. He was being accused of passing a fake $20 bill. Not of armed robbery or murder. HE DID NOT DESERVE TO BE MURDERED. That is what this is all about, and raising ANY sort of deflection from this fact, is a blatant attempt to change the narrative of a cold blooded murder by 4 officers.

It's comforting to hear so much concern about this right now.

I hope we are just as concerned about how afraid those families feel for their children every time they set foot anywhere near law enforcement, or jog into places where they might not be welcome, in case a bunch of guys in a truck decide to chase them down with guns.

I hope we are just as concerned about how agonized those families feel every time they see someone who looks like them mistreated by the police - on camera even - and there are no consequences for the officers.

I hope we are concerned about how it felt for those families to see a woman in Central Park say out loud that she was going to intentionally use the police to get revenge on a black man.

To add to your post, I hope we're all concerned about how it must feel to be black and minding your own business while working out in a private gym, when someone else decides you don't belong there and calls the police.

Not intended to be OT, but wondering, as I saw the CNN arrest. As I understand it, LEO do not have to tell you why you are under arrest. Does anyone know - is there an actual good reason for that?

I would think it would encourage resisting arrest (most of us would probably freak out if someone just arrested you without saying why). Why couldn't that be part of Miranda? Might go some way to softening the stereotype of power-tripping LEO. I don't know if it would reduce resistance, but it would at least remove that aspect of resistance - not knowing why it's happening.

Last edited:
Another possible victim (of the protesters/looters)???
Police: Woman found dead inside a car in Minneapolis

I could be. Given it's a woman, we have to wait and see. Most women are killed by people close to them. I can definitely see someone using the cover the riot to murder an "inconvenient woman."

It's like falling dominoes - a sequence of deadly events were set in motion by someone passing a $20 counterfeit bill that he may not have known about.

Thank you!

120 businesses have been looted and/or destroyed. My heart breaks for every one of these businesses who had nothing to do with George's murder yet have paid the heavy price for the sins of the excops involved. How is that justice? How is that honoring the precious life lost?

What they have really done beyond destroying their own city/neighborhoods they have defamed the memory of George, and what happened to him. Imo, I find that shameful.

When the violent rioters run lawless in the streets night after night the attention becomes more about their lawless behavior than what happened to George, and that's unforgivable.

Even George's girlfriend begged for peace yet she is ignored. She said George wouldnt want the violence to happen because he was an easygoing peaceful man who loved his city. So, imo, George has been lost in all of the unbelivable arsons, lootings, violence, and mayhem.

Imo, it comes across as these violent rioters do not really care about what happened to him, but are only using his tragic murder as an excuse for their own criminal advantage.

How does committing multiple arsons or stealing businesses blind or violence against others honor George's death?

I even saw where a lady in a wheelchair was beaten, and her purse stolen. What did she do to deserve this kind of criminal behavior or all the others who've lost their livelihood through no fault of their own?

Sigh, it seems this Mayor is going to be just like the one in Baltimore while his city burns to the ground. :(

We know when riots of this magnitude happens it takes decades for the areas hard hit to overcome it. Yet we see it happening once again right in front of our eyes with no relief in sight for all of the innocent citizens caught up in it.

If I was a citizen living in the violent rioting areas I would be terrified for my own safety as well as my family, and friends.

Each day since this began I come here to make sure Dre is okay because I worry so much about them.

May there be peace, and full justice given for George, and all of his love ones.

Jmho

Let's not forget all of the looting and riots could have been avoided if only the murderer was arrested. Let's not forget doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. This is nothing new. Arresting Chauvin would have prevented everything occurring right now and the authorities were more than aware of that before they chose not to make the arrest.

How many black employees are without their livelihood now that the stores have been destroyed? How many black families will be inconvenienced now that target has been destroyed?
How many people are having their lives destroyed. I honestly don’t care about race although I know it is a discussion to be had. Perhaps I am naive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget all of the looting and riots could have been avoided if only the murderer was arrested. Let's not forget doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. This is nothing new. Arresting Chauvin would have prevented everything occurring right now and the authorities were more than aware of that before they chose not to make the arrest.

+ 1 Million. I said the same exact thing yesterday, when they held the dog & pony show press conference, just to announce nothing. It was inevitable at that point. Either we're being led by incompetents, or we're being led by people who just don't care. It's a sign of the times.

Not intended to be OT, but wondering, as I saw the CNN arrest. As I understand it, LEO do not have to tell you why you are under arrest. Does anyone know - is there an actual good reason for that?

I would think it would encourage resisting arrest (most of us would probably freak out if someone just arrested you without saying why). Why couldn't that be part of Miranda? Might go some way to softening the stereotype of power-tripping LEO. I don't know if it would reduce resistance, but it would at least remove that aspect of resistance - not knowing why it's happening.

IMO the lack of communication is part of the problem. I don't have first hand experience, but from what I have seen and read it seems as though many MN officers are notorious for lack of communication when detaining non violent offenders.

• Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on George Floyd's neck during an arrest over an alleged fake $20 bill on Monday, leading to his death
  • DailyMail.com can reveal Chauvin's wife Kellie was charged with writing a bad $42 check in February 2005 in Wisconsin
  • And despite multiple letters sent to her home, she hadn’t paid the owed money by July of that year
  • At the time, married to her late ex-husband, she eventually paid the money and the case was dismissed
  • On Thursday night, Minneapolis descended into chaos on Thursday night as outraged locals took to the streets to protest Floyd’s death
  • They also demanded Chauvin and the three other officers involved in Floyd’s arrest be charged over his death
  • Wife of white cop who kneeled on George Floyd's neck wrote bad check | Daily Mail Online

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is most definitely not the definition of insanity. That was just Einstein's view of the meaning of insanity. It has nothing to do with what it means to be mentally disorded.

I do agree that the fact the police involved in the killing of George Floyd have not yet been arrested is incomprehensible. I don't understand it at all.

Jmo

Last edited:
I don’t think that press conference is gonna help calm the riots. I think they don’t want to appear to negotiate with the violent protesters. If they don’t announce arrests today I fear for a very violent weekend. I hope not. What evidence do they need to go through after 4 days?
arrest them now.

Yes, there are all sorts of threats on social media against cops. Many are not verified and they are retweeted by bots. Not every forum is moderated.

LE has ways to investigate whether threats are credible. The fact that they sent his picture out with an alert, makes me believe it is credible. IMO

I would hate to see another Gavin Eugene Long.

How many black owned businesses are being destroyed in the rioting?

Minority owned businesses who burned down or were looted last night are coming out in support today of the actions. They are saying that businesses can be rebuilt, lives cannot be brought back. They stand in solidarity with the protesters.

{{{{Cup Food owners say video from the store, which they have been asked not to release, shows Floyd was not resisting officers.

They have offered to pay for Floyd’s funeral expenses.
Owner Of Cup Foods, Where Police First Encountered George Floyd, Calls For Justice[/QUOTE]}}}}

I so want to know if the video this owner is referring to is the period I haven't found yet. Has anyone seen from where Mr George is sitting, handcuffed in front of the building TO Mr George face down with ex-cop killing him?

What could have happened, why was the ex-cop pressing his knee to Mr George's neck so long. What was he waiting for? Who called for an ambulance, police or general public?

There were four officers, why did they not place Mr George in the police car? He was cuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288